Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 6: Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Road Course (Sept 12)

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member
http://precisionracingleague.com/organisers/Circuit%20Maps/iRacing/Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Road Course.png 

Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Race Length: 45 Minutes
Start Type: Standing
Fuel Amount: 100%
Track State / Marbles: 25% / No
Weather: Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Morning

Pre-Race Interview
1. How was your week break? Have you been around racing during this week?
2. What are your thoughts on Indianapolis - Road Course?
3. What is your favorite "roval" circuit and why?

GameOfJobes

Premium Member
Been having a lot of fun trying to get prepared for this one. Think I turned a decently quick lap (by my standards anyway), but couldn't get any semblance of consistency. Fixed my FoV settings and it helped a lot. Next step: figure out how to set up a Ferrari.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Have you find a setup using iRacing Setup Sync? Otherwise, I would suggest to start developing your setup using Watkins Glen or Road America setup!

GameOfJobes

Premium Member
I was introduced to the site and I was going to start with Montreal or Nurburgring as a base. Indy seems tough because it's so different from the oval portion to the infield portion. I will take a look at those two tracks as well though.

GameOfJobes

Premium Member
Pre-Race Interview
1. How was your week break? Have you been around racing during this week?

First week in the league for me, but I have kept busy with broadcasting the PS4 GT3 and F1 2017 leagues. That divisional playoff broadcast with 35 drivers going for 15 spots was a heck of a lot of fun on Thursday. We reached a max of 50 viewers so clearly everyone else was excited about it as well. Looking forward to the new season.

2. What are your thoughts on Indianapolis - Road Course?

This is a tough circuit to setup for. With such a long wide open zone from the final turn to the first turn you have to make sure the car can reach as high of a speed as possible, but the infield portion is very technical and consists of a lot of slow corners. That contrast makes it tough and you have to stay focused to not cause yourself some problems (especially when you don't have ABS!). Also, the cut track penalty with the curb in turn one can kiss it.

3. What is your favorite "roval" circuit and why?

It's hard to argue for anything but Daytona, yet this is the roval I know the best. Growing up an Indiana boy when the infield course was built, I knew it like the back of my hand. This is a slightly different configuration from the original and it's actually changed since this one was implemented, but it's still a lot of fun. Can't wait to run it with everyone else out there.