Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 6: Daytona International Speedway / Afternoon - Road Course (May 25)

PRL-Sammy H

Premium Member

Sponsor this circuit for only $4.95 USD

[circuit_5][/circuit_5]​

Race Length: 25 Laps
Start Type: Standing
Fuel Amount: 20%
Track State: 25%
Clean Marbles: No
Weather: iRacing Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Afternoon

Pre-Race interview

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1 - How your championship is going so far? Have you exceeded your season expectation?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2 - What are you thought about the first oval race last week?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3 - What is your favorite movie and why?[/font]

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
1 - How your championship is going so far? Have you exceeded your season expectation?

I keep having ups and downs, but overall am happy with the results. I wasn't sure what to expect coming in, and the caliber of racing is high with you guys. I am happy to be able to compete for good points with guys.

2 - What are you thought about the first oval race last week?

It was a blast! It was my first oval race outside of street stock rookies. Nerve racking at times racing that close to everyone forsure. I screwed up my pit strategy pretty badly and ended up way behind because of it so hopefully lesson learned, copy my teammate!

3 - What is your favorite movie and why?

I am a star wars fan, or the Lord of the rings series too. Pick either and I will sit down and watch em! I guess I'm a nerd at heart.

xvalue

SharkV said:
xvalue said:
are we running the circa 2007 Daytona, or the one you have to buy?

The new one, you have to buy

of course :)

Is there any major differences to the track? I just spent my "weekly allotted practice time" on the '07 track. Might need to get the most out of the hour before the race.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
xvalue said:
SharkV said:
xvalue said:
are we running the circa 2007 Daytona, or the one you have to buy?

The new one, you have to buy

of course :)

Is there any major differences to the track? I just spent my "weekly allotted practice time" on the '07 track. Might need to get the most out of the hour before the race.

Not that much, 2007 is very bumpy on the oval part

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Rledur said:
Expected pole time ?

I did 1.47 when I was practicing it to see what times we run here.  Did not turned lots of laps.  With a good setup should be in the 46 or 45...will see in the practice tonight.

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Bad news. I will not be able to make it tomorrow. Work emergency response requires me out of town. Have a good race and maybe a sixth winner.

Carsten - please wipe out Matthew. Thank you.

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
TRG said:
Bad news. I will not be able to make it tomorrow. Work emergency response requires me out of town. Have a good race and maybe a sixth winner.

Carsten - please wipe out Matthew. Thank you.

That sucks bud, little D's isn't the same without you. And Carsten, I hope you can't be bought so easily  :)

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Great race guys. I don't think anyone was going to keep up to you tonight Dany, great drive! I would have liked to pretend to try but had a brain fart following Andrew into T1. I saw him spin and decided I probably should too!  We had a good battle going on too, even if it was only the draft keeping me in it.  Other than that, I raced the clock most of the way, and pretended I was fast once Dany backed off and I could match his pace  :lol: 

Were you saving fuel a lot at the end Eric? I noticed that I gained big time on you last 3 laps, but I needed 1 more to catch you! 

xvalue

Yes, great drive dany.

I felt so bad that Matt spun after me. That was such a silly mistake, I didn't want anyone else to feel it too!

At the end, I made a pit stop to get enough fuel to finish and slid into the wall of the put exit. All in all, I thought I drove well, But still a lot of work to do in consistency.

One question though: ive been having a hard time being consistent with my braking. Half the time I lock up and half the time I brake too early. I tried playing around with the bias, but couldnt find a good rhythm. Would my crappy thrustmaster pedals (TMX) be a source of that? I hate blaming the equipment, but I'm trying to find a solution.

Carsten Quint

Premium Member
Good race guys. Got lucky that it ended when it did. I think Owen was taking 2 seconds a lap out of me at the end there.

Andrew, your getting better each week. Keep it up. Not sure if the pedals would be the issue there. I had some troubles when I had a G27, but I still lock up now that I have a better set. For me its just adrenaline. I can go a whole practice session without locking up, and then lock up multiple times in a race.. Tough for me to get the right feel when theres racing going on.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
HI,

That was a perfect race for me, pole, lead all laps, fastest lap in race and 0x.  I think that it was one of me best race ever on iRacing.  I raced a lot on this track with 3 24hrs.

Andrew, as for pedals, it makes a big difference when you have good ones.  I had the G27 pedals, and I moved to the Thrusmasters, T3PA-PRO with their rubber brake mod.  For me, it took about 2 months to adapt, but now I am consistant at braking and I got faster that way.  If you have a couples of $ to invest I suggest them, but I you have more $ you can get those Clubsports that Carsten have.