Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 6: Circuit Park Zandvoort - GP (24 Jul)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Circuit Park Zandvoort_GP.png
 ​
This race has been sponsored by Apex Button Box!
 ​
Apex_Button_Box.png
 ​
 ​
https://youtu.be/sO8cD0Xja74​
 ​
Time of day: Afternoon
Max. incidents: 30
Race length: 45 minutes
Max. fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race Interview
1. We are not following iRacing schedule this week. Does it will affect your strategy?
2. What are your thoughts on Zandvoort?
3. We are mid-way through the season. Have ou reached your expectations? What should you improve?

Slinky13

Name
1. We are not following iRacing schedule this week. Does it will affect your strategy?
I think the big difference is setups. For the other races people will be able to find IMSA setups from the previous week but that isn't possible this week.
2. What are your thoughts on Zandvoort?
Awesome track. Really tricky to get it right and very satisfying when you do.
3. We are mid-way through the season. Have ou reached your expectations? What should you improve?
Well it's only been 3 races for me since I started late. I've been really happy with my results so far but I'm still looking to get a win. I think I have to improve my qualifying if I want a good chance of doing that.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Practice session will be up for us early to bed people from 7PM to 9PM.

Slinky13

Name
Ugh that went poorly. So sorry to Cristian for the lap one incident. I had more room on the left but didn't take it cause the track funnels down to the right a bit before the corner. Had a good time battling up through the field to P3 but then had a self spin when I got the left rear on the grass. Started to climb back up the field again but then spun behind me teammate when he brake earlier than I expected into the carousel type thing and I didn't compensate.

Hopefully I made for an exciting broadcast at least? 

Congrats to my teammate Tom Ellison for a great drive to P4.

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
Slinky13 said:
Ugh that went poorly. So sorry to Cristian for the lap one incident. I had more room on the left but didn't take it cause the track funnels down to the right a bit before the corner. Had a good time battling up through the field to P4 but then had a self spin when I got the left rear on the grass. Started to climb back up the field again but then spun behind me teammate when he brake earlier than I expected into the carousel type thing and I didn't compensate.

Hopefully I made for an exciting broadcast at least? 

Congrats to my teammate Tom Ellison for a great drive to P4.

Dont worry, I think we both could do more to avoid the accident, I also could leave more room (from the cockpit view I thought there was enough space, but it was not).
After that I tried to go back, but I lost a lot of time in a fight with Juan Pablo (sorry for the touch JP,we had very different race lines).
In the end, a good 5th place that leaves me with a bad taste because I think it could be better, but after the accident it is a good place.
See you next time @Imola.

P.S. congratulations to Ben, Daniel and ... Seba!! for the podium

Afawcett94

Name
Started shotgun on the field and had an interesting lap one. Two cars on their roofs in turn 3. Drove up through the field but I lost too much time on the first two laps. Is a caution something to consider for these types of incidents?

Sassy_McSassypants

Premium Member
Name
Pete Mobroten
iRacing ID
Great battles tonight! Just finished watching the replay and there was a lot of action through the whole field. Highly entertaining.

For my part I very much enjoyed the three way dogfight with Kita and Pittenger (also enjoyed making the undercut work). Fun exchange with Overbay as well. This is the kind of stuff I signed up for, thanks everyone!

PS: Sorry whoever I got into in the audi esses. I didn't have anywhere to go. Actually got a love tap from behind myself as a result of trying to bleed off speed too.

JustinHall164

Name
Sassy_McSassypants said:
Great battles tonight! Just finished watching the replay and there was a lot of action through the whole field. Highly entertaining.

For my part I very much enjoyed the three way dogfight with Kita and Pittenger (also enjoyed making the undercut work). Fun exchange with Overbay as well. This is the kind of stuff I signed up for, thanks everyone!

PS: Sorry whoever I got into in the audi esses. I didn't have anywhere to go. Actually got a love tap from behind myself as a result of trying to bleed off speed too.

Yeah no worries, these last few races I haven't had the best of luck in the opening laps. The chaos in the first few corners had me acting overly cautious. Here's to hoping I can turn it around at Imola.

Pittenger5

Name
Sassy_McSassypants said:
Yeah, that was a LOT of fun. Keeping people behind me has always been my weakest point, so I'm happy I managed to hold you back that long (even though you would have passed me 100x if the track had better passing opportunities). I was actually surprised you didn't try to pit sooner to get away from me. It was all in all probably my best race since I joined this league, and I almost skipped it due to lack of practice time. I didn't even own the track until Monday night. So glad I pushed through. Cant wait for next week. 

Sassy_McSassypants

Premium Member
Name
Pete Mobroten
iRacing ID
Pittenger5 said:
Sassy_McSassypants said:
Yeah, that was a LOT of fun. Keeping people behind me has always been my weakest point, so I'm happy I managed to hold you back that long (even though you would have passed me 100x if the track had better passing opportunities). I was actually surprised you didn't try to pit sooner to get away from me. It was all in all probably my best race since I joined this league, and I almost skipped it due to lack of practice time. I didn't even own the track until Monday night. So glad I pushed through. Cant wait for next week. 

Ay, I've only been at this a few months. It didn't even occur to me that I was in a possible undercut situation until the lap when I pitted. Still getting used to figuring out pit/fuel strategies and whatnot on the fly. Doesn't help the realtime strategy adjustment process when you're getting hunted from behind while trying to attack... ;)

Just glad I didn't annihilate the three of us with that big off! That would have been tragic with how close and relatively clean we were able to keep it for so long. Good stuff.

C_Valenzuela

Name
I love this track so i wanted so much to have a good race.
For a big time i was in 10th with good pace for the position, but again i messed up with my concentration and had a spin losing some positions. Sorry to Cameron and Aaron, i tried to recover the car from the spin out of turn 1 and we touched.

Just wanting to finish a clean race!

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
GT3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
MX-5 Cup Series 2021/S4
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Me too I like this track, but for the race, it was a shitty one. Got hit twice within 3 corners and got flipped on the top Had 2:30 mins for towing and 36 mins of repairs.