Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 6: Circuit of the Americas - West (26 Jul)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Circuit of the Americas - West.png
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Afternoon
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-Race Interview
1. The season is now half over as we head into Round 6 of 10. How has it gone for you?
2. Time to rate yourself - what is your biggest weakness as a driver, and what do you plan to do about it?
3. How many hours per week do you practice/race?

paulwildridge

Premium Member
FR3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
Sorry boys I will be gone this week also! Team orders have came down and it is decided Owen will win this race. Justin must comply!

TRG

Director
Staff member
F3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Pre-race interview is up!

I'll go first.

1. Its been less than great - I am finding that I generally lack pace, skill, and resolve compared to the rest of the grid.

2. My weakness is making mistakes. The old I get the more I find that I am overdriving the car in the hunt for speed. I have to keep reminding myself to be smooth and maintain momentum. Too many aggressive inputs aren't going to do anything productive. Its as if I think I'm driving an LMP1 or F1 car with massive downforce.

3. Not enough. Who has the time?

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
1. The season is now half over as we head into Round 6 of 10. How has it gone for you?
Gone good for me for the few races I ran. I really enjoyed racing the skippy as it provides close racing. It's really fun!

2. Time to rate yourself - what is your biggest weakness as a driver, and what do you plan to do about it?
I think my biggest weakness is trail braking. I always brake earlier than everyone. When I watch track guide video on Youtube, I can't brake at the point that they indicate in video. So I need to improve that part.

I only practice a few hours before the race. When I decide to race, I come back from work, eat and after it's all practice until race start!

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-Race Interview[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. The season is now half over as we head into Round 6 of 10. How has it gone for you?[/font]

Pretty good, since I am having fun!  It has had its ups and downs for me, but that seems to be par for the course.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Time to rate yourself - what is your biggest weakness as a driver, and what do you plan to do about it?[/font]

I find that once I have enough time in a car, I can usually find the limits and have relatively good pace (never alien pace, but good enough haha).  My biggest problem has always been maintaining that for a whole race.  I always tend to make some mistakes or lose focus.  I will hit a groove and run really good for 5 to 10 laps, then the little mistakes can creep in.  I think when I have more time 18 or so years from now I might be able to work those out!  I bet John and Manning will still be racing and still be more consistent than me though!

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. How many hours per week do you practice/race?[/font]

Like my teammate, not enough!  An hour, maaaaybe 2 if I'm lucky during the week.  Then 45 minutes or so before the race.  Tonight I actually ran my first official race in about 2 seasons.  It was fun, but man, closer racing in our league I think!

paulwildridge

Premium Member
FR3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
Not racing but I know everyone loves my insight.

Going OK. I am happy to be on top of points but that is only because drop week hasn't happened. With missing tomorrow Justin should take points lead and I will probably drop to 3rd. I wish I had a little more speed to fight with Justin and James when he was here. Getting closer but it is taking longer than I want. And the pack is getting way faster quick so Spa is going to be an all out war!

Like Jerome Trail braking. I know I have been complaining about this all season but I just can't quite get it right in this car. It should come more naturally as in Karts it is used big time. Oh well more to learn.

I am exactly like Matt. Minus the race in 2 seasons as I did quite a few last season. Our league is more fun for sure!

Good luck tomorrow everyone and looking forward to battling next week.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID

So far so good!  At the beginning of the season i was just looking to be finishing in the top 10.  Never thought I’d have caught a podium, but here i am....the team really pulled through for me last week. There were a few tense moments there where i didn’t even know if I’d start the race, but like a Phoenix rising from the ashes we managed to get on track and bring home p3! From here on out we’re shifting the focus to finish out the season in the top 5. The team battle has also been better than expected. Not sure if we’ll catch Cash for Crash, but we’re keen on finishing 2nd at the end of the season.  

Weakness?  What’s that?  My pace MIGHT be a little off.  But what i lack in speed i more than make up for in consistency.  Like the tortoise and the hare, I’ll catch you sleeping on the job every time. 

I’ve been putting in the time this season. Wednesday night practices with Paul and Chris have been really fruitful. I haven’t been getting into as many official races as i usually run. But I’m pretty confident that when i do jump back on that horse i expect my irating yo shoot through the roof!

All in all, I’m really excited to be here at the Circuit of the South America!....wait....what?  NORTH America?!?!  Awwww crap....

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Does iracing let you save and share race replay files? If so could someone be able to save the replay for me? I’d still like to do a race edit even though i won’t be there tonight.

bonaduce

Premium Member
GT3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Apologies for missing the last 2 races.  I had a special request for some furniture to be made and delivered for a wedding today so I have been burning some serious midnight oil to get it completed in time.  Should be rested up for this week.
dan