Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 6 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix (August 01)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Monza%20-%20GP.png

Time of day: Noon
Practice: 12:00 PM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 3:00 PM (in-game time)
Race: 3:15 PM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max. Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview-

1- After a fight for survival at Bathurst, we take a break from the attrition at the "Temple of Speed", Monza! With a simple track layout, what part of the track do you feel seperates those on the podium from the rest? (AKA where do you lose time to the front runners?)

2- With the nature of the track, pack racing is likely to play out. Do you think with how quick the F3 refuels, staying in the draft to save fuel is a viable strategy? 

3- If you were stuck in the woods with only the clothes on your back and a knife, could you start a fire? This is important data to gather for future Championships. 

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
TRG said:
crich88848 said:
Oh darn... I have to miss Monza, Tyler's Matt's Hootie's favorite track.

FTFY

My poor Monza... I'll give it the love it deserves! 

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Pre race interview is up! And for the record, I do love Monza. We should run it twice a season haha.

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview-

1- After a fight for survival at Bathurst, we take a break from the attrition at the "Temple of Speed", Monza! With a simple track layout, what part of the track do you feel seperates those on the podium from the rest? (AKA where do you lose time to the front runners?)
Love Monza! I feel Ascari is the toughest section on the track and where you can end your race rather easily. But del Rettifilo and della Roggia are where I expect most overtakes to occur which is always a danger.

2- With the nature of the track, pack racing is likely to play out. Do you think with how quick the F3 refuels, staying in the draft to save fuel is a viable strategy? 
The fuel time is less valuable than your in and out lap when it comes time to pit. Under and over cuts are always a fun part of racing!

3- If you were stuck in the woods with only the clothes on your back and a knife, could you start a fire? This is important data to gather for future Championships. 
No, I am really not much of an outdoors man, as most of our "camping" took place in a motor home growing up.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. The uphill right handed before the downhill esses is a very interesting corner. Usually can lose a lot of time there. Of course there is always that difficult left handed after the esses. But the best place to pass is the final chicane before going uphill to just go downhill on this final sweeper.

2. Nah... drafts only matters if you make it past t1 L1.

3. No. I would only survive if I wasn’t wearin the corset I am wearing at the moment...

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
paulwildridge said:
1. The uphill right handed before the downhill esses is a very interesting corner. Usually can lose a lot of time there. Of course there is always that difficult left handed after the esses. But the best place to pass is the final chicane before going uphill to just go downhill on this final sweeper.

Paul this description gave me an aneurysm. 1/10 don't reccomend Paul's track guide for Monza. 

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Gunner said:
paulwildridge said:

Paul this description gave me an aneurysm. 1/10 don't reccomend Paul's track guide for Monza. 

Wait.... we're not running Monza Combined?!?!?! 

andyspicer

Name
Andy Spicer
iRacing ID

Yeah, Rettifilio Chicane for sure. Unless you are talking about wrecking, in that case, the Parabolica is treacherous.

Nah.

Oh yeah. I'm uniquely qualified for the upcoming Zombie Apocalypse. Fire starting included.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1) I will lose time all over the place, the chicanes really hurt me with slowdowns.

2) What is this draft you speak of, normally running by myself. As for fuel as long as the gas man has a paper bag with a gas soaked rag inside for me to huff on while refueling I will be ok

3) No need, If you are looking for a fire, I can tell you I don't have matches. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let me have an ember I will go now, that'll be the end of it.

dan

Dano1Z

Name
Daniel Zegers
iRacing ID
Sector 2 (mainly corners 6 and 7) is where all my time has disappeared. If i can drive those corners correctly, I gain a ton of time.

Very tough to save fuel in these cars and even if you do, it saves very little time in refueling. I dont think it will be a factor.

I'll go try that and report back :D

Mark Phile

Premium Member
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Takeshi those were some great laps tonight, I was working hard trying to figure out where i was going to make my move? I did know it was going to be on the last lap,  but i had a slow down penalty, and then I decided to send it and launch to the moon 🤣. There were some other good battles in between with some others, all killer good clean racing!!!!