Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 6: Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace - Grand Prix (07 Feb)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Interlagos_GP.png

Time of day: Morning
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max. Fuel: 40%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race Interview:

1- After a thrilling race at Erik's favorite track Imola, we head over to Brazil for Interlagos!  Known for producing exciting racing with multiple passing opportunities, it is sure to be another one for the highlight reels.  Will you be willing to go wheel to wheel through the corners or play it safe here?

2- There are plenty of close battles in the championship still!  Do you pay a lot of attention to the standings and points, or are you here for the racing?

3- Single monitor, Triples, or VR.  What do you use, and what do you wish you had?

eshhh

Name
Get ready for the start...

[youtube]_u07QvP-xfo[/youtube]

eshhh

Name
Guy hit every car but the leader. I think this was the last week of S4 2018 and I had only 12 incidents in 350-ish laps before this race all season. Got 5 more from that one corner alone.

crich88848

Premium Member
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Sorry guys, I know how hard you are all going to take this. But I want you keep your heads up and race as if I was there anyways. 

I'll will be in the process of moving to the Tennessee. Have fun gentle man and women! Put one in the wall for me!

I'll see you guys at Bathurst. 

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
1. I dont have a lot of experience here but I do love the flow of the track. I will keep my racing tight because it does seem fun to watch during the broadcast, I just need to learn to not spin out and over-push the car.

2. I do follow the standings because I have noticed that I am climbing the ranks. I'm not necessarily racing for points but I am curious to see where I end up at seasons end. I'm mostly here for quality racing but I am also trying to finish in the top 5 each race.

3. I used to have a single screen but now I use VR. Its a bit of bummer to see the quality dip because of the resolution but it does help me throw out constant laps, it also gives me the ability to look beside me so I can see where my competitors are and not drive into them. What I wish I had is a premium racing seat with the Butt-Kicker add on mod.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Hey guys, I'll be in Cambodia for the next three weeks enjoying the 96 degree weather and trying to avoid being eaten alive by mosquitos so I'll miss the next couple races. Good luck this week and at Bathurst!

Paul has to carry the Cash For Crash flag solo for the next couple of races so for the sake of fairness in the team championship standings everyone should let Paul win until I'm back  :D

eshhh

Name
1- After a thrilling race at Erik's favorite track Imola, we head over to Brazil for Interlagos!  Known for producing exciting racing with multiple passing opportunities, it is sure to be another one for the highlight reels.  Will you be willing to go wheel to wheel through the corners or play it safe here?

I've got some experience with this track from the last 2 official Radical series. I know what to expect of myself time-wise so I will be interested to see what I can do in the car with an open setup. Seat time really helps with the nuance's of this track. This is one where corner throttle can really burn you and rolling to keep momentum is key. First corner can set you up for a quick lap. Lots of time to gain there. I am comfortable enough to battle throughout the track.

2- There are plenty of close battles in the championship still!  Do you pay a lot of attention to the standings and points, or are you here for the racing?

Sure but with the push BO Racing guys are making the championship is close to decided. I think Bathurst could be an equalizer however. I have a feeling that will be a lonely race for most.

3- Single monitor, Triples, or VR.  What do you use, and what do you wish you had?

Single with a second for Z1 Dashboard(s). Triples properly setup though I don't have a rig that would accompany that right now. I've tried VR once and can't say I liked the quality all that much though the immersion was nothing I had experienced before. I don't get motion sickness in general but that would be a concern after dropping all that coin for tech my body ultimately rejects. :(

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
eshhh said:
I don't get motion sickness in general but that would be a concern after dropping all that coin for tech my body ultimately rejects. :(

I had motion sickness at first but there are settings in the iRacing forums that fix this problem and now its comfortable enough to race 3 hours straight.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
1- After a thrilling race at Erik's favorite track Imola, we head over to Brazil for Interlagos! Known for producing exciting racing with multiple passing opportunities, it is sure to be another one for the highlight reels. Will you be willing to go wheel to wheel through the corners or play it safe here?

Well played sir. Given a choice I would rather lose by an inch than win by a mile. However, since Overbay has perfected his bathing schedule and Jefferson has purchased multiple sets of glitter pants from Aliexpress.com, I would gladly take a win by a mile.

2- There are plenty of close battles in the championship still! Do you pay a lot of attention to the standings and points, or are you here for the racing?

The standings is the most glorious and frustrating thing for me. Knowing I could be higher in the championship had it not been for mistakes sucks. Seeing your name at towards the top is joyful.

3- Single monitor, Triples, or VR. What do you use, and what do you wish you had?

Started in VR and have migrated to triples. While the immersion in VR is fantastic, I like the larger static field of view and the eye candy that triples can provide. As for a wish list, triple 49" curved monitors sporting 4K resolution at 165hz would be nice. Can I start a gofundme?

andyspicer

Name
Andy Spicer
iRacing ID
Yay! This is literally the first track we've been on that I know well. It's funny, I've been on iRacing a long time and there are very few tracks that I have no experience on at all, we've hit almost all of them. lol. We did Tskuba, which as new to everyone, Suzuka which I had not turned a single lap on as far as I can remember, and Imola which I ran one race on in a GT car and SUCKED. Of course, we'll see how much it helps.

EstiversonBR

Name
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Pre-race Interview:[/font]

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]1- After a thrilling race at Erik's favorite track Imola, we head over to Brazil for Interlagos!  Known for producing exciting racing with multiple passing opportunities, it is sure to be another one for the highlight reels.  Will you be willing to go wheel to wheel through the corners or play it safe here?[/font]

I´m usually playing safe and collecting bodies, but it´s my home race, maybe I can try harder ! 
Welcome everyone to Brazil ! It´s bad that our external image is not the best, but most of the chaos about robbery come from Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. I never went there. Here, in Curitiba, it´s lovely ! Never happened something bad to me lol. Hope everyone has a nice race to remember here. In F1, races are always good, specially 2007, when Kimi Raikkonen was champion having the lowest chances. It ended 110pts for him, 109 to Ham and also 109 to Alo !

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]2- There are plenty of close battles in the championship still!  Do you pay a lot of attention to the standings and points, or are you here for the racing?[/font]

I like the racing but I also look at the points. I was amazed that, even finishing P20 last race after some heavy damage repair, I jumped from P14 to P10 in the standings. Feels great, specially because I missed one race and never qualified in the top 10. Now I want to keep that P10 on the standings.

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]3- Single monitor, Triples, or VR.  What do you use, and what do you wish you had?[/font]
I have a single 60hz monitor (LG W2353V). I had an Oculus Rift for some time. While it was great for other games, it was a disaster for racing. I feel bad very easily, even on slow cars. Never got to race with it. I´m happy with my monitor.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Trying to balance Interlagos practice, with Bathurts practice, and not pissing the wife off.

I plan on putting up a session tonight starting at 8PM. Same password as always: hfd1

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1- After a thrilling race at Erik's favorite track Imola, we head over to Brazil for Interlagos! Known for producing exciting racing with multiple passing opportunities, it is sure to be another one for the highlight reels. Will you be willing to go wheel to wheel through the corners or play it safe here?

Wheel to wheel all day. Watch my elbows tho and stay outta my way!!!

2- There are plenty of close battles in the championship still! Do you pay a lot of attention to the standings and points, or are you here for the racing?

I do look at the standings as I always find that more important. Unfortunately C4C will not have a chance to run at the championship due to us missing races. Still will try and take the fight to whoever is around us. Driver wise I am pretty happy with where I am at. Hate that round 1 has to stay as my amazing internet screwed that race!

3- Single monitor, Triples, or VR. What do you use, and what do you wish you had?

Triple 27 benq monitors with a 4th screen that was for Ispeed but deleted that now. Want to build a wheel for JRT on a smart phone. Never tried VR but dont like the idea of having something on my face all race and then i wouldn't be able to use my amazing button box from APEX BUTTON BOXES.

Kenny Duval

Name
Kenny Duval
iRacing ID
I am out for this one for the simple reason that I despise this race track and  I am certainly not going to frustrate myself in the spin mobile to finish 28th out of 23 drivers.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
Kenny Duval said:
I am out for this one for the simple reason that I despise this race track and  I am certainly not going to frustrate myself in the spin mobile to finish 28th out of 23 drivers.

Unlike.

SuperHawk

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Michael Overbay
iRacing ID
I ran the session tonight and worked on a setup to share. This set you can either run it safe and do times in the 29's or run it a little harder and do times in the 28's. My best time was 28.0. But that was pushing the car hard for 5 laps, and the tires go away in the heat. If you take it a little easier you can do consistent times throughout the stint. When doing this my times were 28.5 to 29.1 throughout the stint.
For those that think it is too loose(which it should not even come close to being too loose) you can add a click or 2 of wing and/or lower the rear end by a couple of clicks.

Attachments

• PRL_Interlagos_Radical_R2.sto
    1.2 KB · Views: 15