Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 6: Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari - Grand Prix (23 Apr)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Imola_GP.png

Time of day: Morning
Practice: 7:50 AM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 10:50 AM (in-game time)
Race: 11:05 AM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max Fuel: 55%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview:

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1) Fanatec is releasing their flagship Direct Drive system in the coming weeks. Has anyone ordered one, if so which one, and will you be using it for the remainder of the season?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2) What hardware are you using for you sim rig? (pedals, steering, seating and chassis)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3) Any hardware changes planned for the future?[/font]

elTakeshi

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Takeshi Kita
iRacing ID
Got an arm injury  :x
Nothing really serious but wont be able to drive for a couple of weeks 

Kirru

Premium Member
Name
Cory
iRacing ID
1) Fanatec is releasing their flagship Direct Drive system in the coming weeks. Has anyone ordered one, if so which one, and will you be using it for the remainder of the season?

I have ordered one and I am hoping it will be in for the final few races. Can't wait to get it.

2) What hardware are you using for your sim rig? (pedals, steering, seating, and chassis)

Currently, I have the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 wheelbase and I am using the Mclaren GT3 wheel. Absolutely love the wheel. As stated before, I ordered the DD1 and hope to have it soon. I was using the Fanatec V3s but have switched to the Heusinkveld Sprints. I feel much more confident going into corners trail-braking or braking later than I normally would. Modulation is so much better and easier to do.
I am using VR on a custom built PC. More on that next week.

3) Any hardware changes planned for the future?
I plan on upgrading my rig from the F1GT to an 80/20 rig on some sort. Just don't know when or who to get it from since I'm stateside.

RMunoz9

Name
Rodrigo Muñoz
iRacing ID
1) Fanatec is releasing their flagship Direct Drive system in the coming weeks. Has anyone ordered one, if so which one, and will you be using it for the remainder of the season?

Not in my case, for the moment a direct drive wheel is out racing budget

2) What hardware are you using for your sim rig? (pedals, steering, seating, and chassis)

For steering Thrustmaster TS PC, for pedals Fanatec CSL Elite, an Sparco seat and an aluminum chassis.

If I found a good offer I may go for an ultrawide monitor, but will depend on the price  :lol:

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
I would like to, but switching to a DD implies other changes, such as a new cockpit. For now it is not an option.

2) What hardware are you using for you sim rig? (pedals, steering, seating and chassis)
TS-PC Racer, Fanatec V3 Pedals, Race Seat, Apiga wheel-stand and Samsung 49 inches super ultra wide monitor.

Not for now ... but a new cockpit is the next improvement

Sassy_McSassypants

Name
Pete Mobroten
iRacing ID
Nope. The recent handling of criticism to their market strategies coupled with long term customer service trends has lead me to avoid them for future purchases.

2) What hardware are you using for you sim rig? (pedals, steering, seating and chassis)
Fanatec v3 inverted, accuforce v1, tssh, th8a, 4play racing 8020 rig and an old RX7 seat.

Very closely eyeballing a simucube 2 pro with a cube rim, but the cube formula rims have been out of stock for so long I'm not sure exactly what the plan is.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
No I haven't order one. I don't even know the price and I haven't looked at reviews and specs. I just bought my Thurstmaster T300, so I will wait before I upgrade my wheel. Also, having good pedal is more important than wheel ;)

Custom seat and chassis. PC with Intel i5 and GTX1070. 3x monitors Asus 27'' 2ms. Thrustmaster T300. Fanatec CSR Elite. Button Box.

IMG_20180924_175726[2055].jpg

I plan on upgrading my pedal. I have a friend who want to sell his Fanatec ClubSport V2 pedal and I might buy it! I would live to upgrade the wheel add-on of my Thrustmaster to get something more comfortable, open wheel style!

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
I'm out for this race and the foreseeable future.
Bicycle customers have come out of hybernation and tourists are in town.
I'm currently without help and backed up with work.
So I have no time to drive. On top of that my Accuforce is in for repairs and not sure when I'll get it back.
Should I magiclly find a reliable person to hire this might change,
I will be back for Daytona no matter what.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Gary Schilling said:
I'm out for this race and the foreseeable future.
Bicycle customers have come out of hybernation and tourists are in town.
I'm currently without help and backed up with work.
So I have no time to drive. On top of that my Accuforce is in for repairs and not sure when I'll get it back.
Should I magiclly find a reliable person to hire this might change,
I will be back for Daytona no matter what.

Sad to hear but glad that you have some good business! 

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
Not like I was challenging anyone for position.
It's been a rough off season.
First hurricane Florence , then they close the bridge that connects the mainland to the island which hurt every business on the road. It finally opened a week ago and I've been slammed ever since.

Name

I wish I could be ordering one... My wife would have my head.

Home built rig with adjustable racing seat from Summit Racing, Thrustmaster TX wheel base, TM F1 wheel, recently switched to Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals from the T3PA with DIY loadcell rigged up, 27" AOC monitor, PC is older I5 with GTX970

New mobo for the PC along with a second GTX970 to run SLI and newer processor

Modoff

Name
Carl Modoff
iRacing ID
1) Fanatec is releasing their flagship Direct Drive system in the coming weeks. Has anyone ordered one, if so which one, and will you be using it for the remainder of the season? I wish, that would be really awesome, but Ill be sticking with what I have for the foreseeable future.

G29 wheels and pedals, off blue office chair, and a sweet workout mat to keep the chair from rolling.  Also Triple 144hz monitors was my last upgrade which are really nice. 

3) Any hardware changes planned for the future? My next hardware change will be to upgrade to some pedals that have a load cell. 

JustinRehm

Name
Justin Rehm
iRacing ID
Any chance on changing servers for the hosted race on next race..
I swear the only time i have a connection issue is during these races.
Even today at the race before qualifying lots of connection drop outs from others were being shown in the chat

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
We can't change the server. There is only 3 choices, america, europe or pacific.