Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 5: Watkins Glen International - Boot (Apr 14)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Watkins Glen International - Boot Orange Zone.png

Race Time of day: 2020-04-11 17:45 1x
Race Length: 60 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

teddywoods72

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S4
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
I’ve discovered a new way to take the Esses at Watkins Glen. I’ve heard NASA has been trying to contact me, but that is only just a rumor. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhHApUwEdJU (couldn't get the video to show up here, so you'll unfortunately have to click the link)

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Ah, very good. I can watch it with my coffee in the morning.

Good run again Stephen. Would have liked to be up there to battle with you but the first lap was chaos. Bad start lead to three wide into T1, then chaos at the chicane. Really wanted at least a podium at Watkins. I love that track and usually have pace there, but just no luck. Definitely my Albatross.

To the guys mid-pack and back, thank you. I mean that. You could easily have fought tooth tong and nail for position 18 or 19 but you let the faster cars that got swept up in said chaos through.

I hope that doesn't come across condescending.

rrusso

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Rafael Russo
iRacing ID
Nice race. Did a terrific start gaining about 5 positions.

Was in a good figh with Asch when just 1 lap before box I died in a stupid way... alone

A mistake I won't forget so easy...haha

Hit the walls...black flag...the end

Only 12 laps to go...+10 s to p5...a good lesson for the future.

Now off to Catalunya...our first night race

Name
Ignacio Rodriguez Fredes
iRacing ID
Where are the incidents in the orange zone? I do not see any ... and I saw in person that there were incidents ... incredible that they do not take their own rules seriously.

westracing01

Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Indeed. I was under the impression that the Orange Zone was reviewed automatically, but perhaps the incidents need to be submitted to the Stewards anyway?

Name
Ignacio Rodriguez Fredes
iRacing ID
According to what was reported at the beginning of the season, the stewards would check the orange zone automatically, but apparently it is not being done ... should we check the orange zone?

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
As organizers, it was our mistake not to report the incidents in the orange zone last round. I apologize, it will not happen again in the rest of the season.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
I'm going to jump in here, specifically to address the comments of Ignacio and Michael.

All of our staff, be it Organizers, Managers, Stewards, or Directors are 100% volunteers. We do this because we enjoy it, and put in many hours weekly to build this league up to be what it is today. As volunteers, we all have lives outside of PRL that ultimately take priority from time to time. Combine that with the demands upon some of us through COVID-19 it has led to some breakdowns.

The comments suggesting that we don't take our own rules seriously are ridiculous and short-sighted, pure and simple. I can handle criticism, no problem, but jumping to conclusions and slinging mud isn't a smart way of addressing it. Perhaps a better approach would be asking a question -  "Hey, there were some incidents in the orange zone last week, are these being reviewed?"

I will defend the organizers in this case. Life sometimes takes over, we do out best to ensure it doesn't but that wasn't the case this week as some things came up for our organizers.