Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 5: Volusia Speedway Park (15 Oct)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Volusia_Speedway_Park.png
 ​
Sponsored by Three Amigos Racing (Bradley Holly)

Time of day: Night
Features: 40 laps
Heats: 12 laps
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

Attachments

• Volusia - PRL.sto
    1.4 KB · Views: 1

GameOfJobes

Premium Member
1. This league is no stranger to Volusia, running an unoffical as well as an official race there last season. Do you expect this to mean a closer field or will the guys who were strong there last season take control again?

2. Looks like we will be trying out a tackier track come qualifying this week, which means there will be more moisture come feature time and will ensure that the track will change more during the feature than at any other point of the night. Do you feel comfortable enough with the wing adjustments that you will be able to stay on top of the track and secure a better finish because of it?

3. Racing season is nearing it's end, but that means different things in different parts of the country. What is your favorite type of racing and why?

Billy Rowlee

1. This league is no stranger to Volusia, running an unoffical as well as an official race there last season. Do you expect this to mean a closer field or will the guys who were strong there last season take control again?

It'll be a closer field due to the track prep. But I think last year was still fun, just a challenging track to run on once it gets super slick, but still provides two grooves.

2. Looks like we will be trying out a tackier track come qualifying this week, which means there will be more moisture come feature time and will ensure that the track will change more during the feature than at any other point of the night. Do you feel comfortable enough with the wing adjustments that you will be able to stay on top of the track and secure a better finish because of it?

Very much so. Now you can start the wing actually in a forward position and move it back as the track gets slicker and slicker. Staying on top of it along with throttle control will be big.

3. Racing season is nearing it's end, but that means different things in different parts of the country. What is your favorite type of racing and why?

Sprint cars obviously. Best part about dirt racing like this is it goes on year round.

twhite21x

Premium Member
***SETUP IS POSTED AT TOP OF PAGE***

We will start off at 0% track usage for practice and roll over to qualifying. We will go back to 0% track usage for the race. We are trying to tighten up the racing action. After our test last week we feel this should help.

Rory Collins

Sorry I havent made the last few races as RL seems to be landing on Monday nights for me as of late. Was thinking this week would be clear but now I have to take my son to an appointment tonight and not sure I will make it back in time. If i do i'll see you guys tonight.......if not you know why.

Cheers

GameOfJobes

Premium Member
Rory Collins said:
Sorry I havent made the last few races as RL seems to be landing on Monday nights for me as of late. Was thinking this week would be clear but now I have to take my son to an appointment tonight and not sure I will make it back in time. If i do i'll see you guys tonight.......if not you know why.

Cheers

Looking forward to racing with you again soon Rory!

Ken Osborne

. This league is no stranger to Volusia, running an unoffical as well as an official race there last season. Do you expect this to mean a closer field or will the guys who were strong there last season take control again?

I would imagine that the normal strong runners will still be up front, but with the new track usage I would imagine the racing throughout the field will be much improved.

I am just getting back into the swing of playing iracing after a long summer with not much iracing on my schedule. I feel confident heading into tonight, but also wouldn't be surprised if I stepped on it at some point either.

I love Winged Sprint cars, I really love all dirt track racing but winged sprints are ahead of the pack by a small margin. The margin for error is so small in a winged sprint that any small blunder will cost you severely, so seeing some of these guys put together a full night with zero mistakes really is incredible.

Robert Scott

This was a fun race tonight. Track came in especially in 1&2. This is a fun group of guys to race with as everyone is racing hard but fair and clean. Of course there is contact but no garbage

Billy Rowlee

I agree Robert. I thought last night went really well. It wasn't a complete yellow fest, and there was some really good racing. Only real improvement I could see would be inverting the main event a few rows. But at least at Volusia, that worked out well.