Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 5: Spain - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (25Apr18 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

1. How do you like this track and where do you expect to finish ?
2. How is your season so far compared to last season ?
3. How do you think will win the Baku race this weekend ? Do you think Lance Stroll can redo his podium ?

Darklol

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
Pre Race interview is up ladies and gentlemans !

Zephyr

I like this track a lot. I plan to finish somewhere between 3rd and 5th. I have been historically bad at this track but im planning on turning it around.

Very good. this time last season I had DNF'd 3 out of 4 races and a gotten a 6th place (8 points in 4 races). Right now I have a podium finish and 29 points. Great so far

3. How do you think will win the Baku race this weekend ? Do you think Lance Stroll can redo his podium ?
Lol, no. Williams is even worse this year than last year. I will say tho, that i think Stroll gets way more shit than he deserves. He isnt nearly as bad as a driver as people say he is. I think he deserves his seat at Williams.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
It's an okay track, don't love or hate it. Im hoping to finish top 5 again. I don't even have a setup for this yet.

Much better and off to a huge start. I'm only a few races away from matching my season total from last season. Actually, I only need 6 more points to match my total an it's only race 5. My consistency has really improved.

You all know my answer for this, don't watch F1 at the moment.

Sucuri

I will take any of the street tracks over this one, I find it easy to underestimate tire wear and lose the back end on those high load corners. No idea where I will finish, I just hope not to get nuked on the first lap, to hopefully get to fight whoever is in front 

Its 100% more existent than last season  :lol:  

Lace Stroll, podium AND win!

Zephyr

DEADZERO said:
It's an okay track, don't love or hate it. Im hoping to finish top 5 again. I don't even have a setup for this yet.

Much better and off to a huge start. I'm only a few races away from matching my season total from last season. Actually, I only need 6 more points to match my total an it's only race 5. My consistency has really improved.

You all know my answer for this, don't watch F1 at the moment.

How can u not watch F1. This season looks like its gonna be a classic

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Lack of time and every site trying to stream it or save replays just goes down. F1 is a garbage organization that spends too much time and money on trying to stop 3rd party streams.

Zephyr

i use r/motorsportreplays and never have a problem. Also if u dont want to have to look around for streams/replays, F1 TV is coming out. im probably gonna get that

DEADZERO

Premium Member
I would say because less procession power is required. A lot goes on while racing real time but in replay, the game can preprocess everything to make it run smoother

Zephyr

im taking a break from this league. dont know when i'll be racing again. just isnt enjoyable for me right now with how agressive cars are defending in stupid situations.

Im just gonna cool down in this break. I might be back in a few weeks or so

Sucuri

Here is my race highlight with comments. Basically a race long battle with Tron for 2nd place, he killed it with the 1 stop!
[youtube]oM3LCYDdSuY[/youtube]

DEADZERO

Premium Member
1. How can you race with the shift tone? I tried it and i cant handle it! Especially on tracks that require you to shift a lot.

2. Also nice race, I bet the race went by fast because it was a fun battle but it probably also felt long because of that same battle.... if that makes sense.

3. Glad you switched in time to see me pass Piboye before the end of the race. It was a hard fought battle between us and that was my last chance to pass him before the finish line.

4. Also glad my car from last season is doing well for you. Not a bad first recap video. Only thing id recommend is to shorten it down. Keep the exciting stuff in and other things like catching someone in a span of a few laps out of the recap. Voice over does help if you want to explain things but your text was fine. It would be nice to see these races from a broadcast point of view with commentators and talk about you guys racing each other. Both you and Tron are really good but Dark is next level lol

https://www.you_tube.com/watch?v=PpJh6MSSoCM
(This is my first ever recap from F1 2016, including this so you can compare, remove the _ in Youtube)

https://www.you_tube.com/watch?v=kcM3x1G0lZU
My second ever recap, I tried to be a little extra and make it interesting)

Sucuri

DEADZERO said:
1. How can you race with the shift tone? I tried it and i cant handle it! Especially on tracks that require you to shift a lot.

2. Also nice race, I bet the race went by fast because it was a fun battle but it probably also felt long because of that same battle.... if that makes sense.

3. Glad you switched in time to see me pass Piboye before the end of the race. It was a hard fought battle between us and that was my last chance to pass him before the finish line.

4. Also glad my car from last season is doing well for you. Not a bad first recap video. Only thing id recommend is to shorten it down. Keep the exciting stuff in and other things like catching someone in a span of a few laps out of the recap. Voice over does help if you want to explain things but your text was fine. It would be nice to see these races from a broadcast point of view with commentators and talk about you guys racing each other. Both you and Tron are really good but Dark is next level lol

Thanks!

1 - The shift tone helps me on the long straights, and to short shift out of corners. We all spend most of practice hearing the merc engine that is substantially different.

2 - Yeah, it was a tense race, especially when I saw Tron on the hards, I knew right then it was going to be tough keeping 2nd

3 - That was a nice overtake indeed! But also a superb recovery job from piboye (he had a bad spin)

4 - RB feels awesome, its planted, definitely fits my driving style. Thanks for the feedback on the video, I will adjust as I go, is 30 minutes too long on your guys opinion? A commentator with broadcast would be awesome, Hootius does an amazing job with the PS4 league, and I am hooked on this season's replays. Dark is still probably too fast for me, but I am still improving! I am just glad I can get in good fights with respectful people basically every race, keeps me looking forward to Wednesday nights!!!  

DEADZERO

Premium Member
My recaps are normally 10-12 minutes long. My last recap included race 2 and 3 so it was 26 min long. If you're doing a series where showing all the racing through the whole race then its fine to have it at 30 min but commentary is needed to make it a little more interesting. We would want to here what you have to say during the less exciting bits. For my recaps, i keep it to the passes, spin outs, etc, just to tell a story without me having to tell you guys I went to the pit which is why i'm down 3 positions all of a sudden.

Zephyr

DEADZERO said:
[youtube]r_V2JA0McYc[/youtube]

My race recap for Russia and Spain, 18 minutes long. Enjoy.

16:35 This is exactly what i meant when i said its totally possible for 2 cars to go into turn 9 and be fine. nice job piboye not swerving left and slamming Deadzero off the track. As i said after the race, that corner is definetly okay for overtaking. I got one clean one there and so did Deadzero. it just requires competence on the defending drivers part to not push people off