Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 5: Spain - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (25Apr18 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Last Season's Results:
1st: dreglar
2nd: El_Majacko
3rd: Maznat87
Pole: dreglar (1.19.110)
FL: Maznat87 (1.20.679)

Pre-Race Questions:
1. The current top 3 in the championship (Jacko, Maz and dani) have never shared a PRL podium together. Will such a rostrum occur this season, or potentially this round?
2. Pole position has only won one race this campaign (Maz at Melbourne) with 2nd and 4th also being winning grid slots. Will the polesitter secure victory in Barcelona?
3. Four drivers qualified within 0.07 seconds here last season. Will we see a similarly close session this week?
4. The Spanish Grand Prix has been held at Catalunya since 1991, having previously been held at tracks such as Jarama and Jerez. Would you prefer the Spanish GP remain at this circuit, return to one of its previous iterations (without the chicane perhaps), or go to a different track entirely such as Valencia, where the European Grand Prix was held for numerous years?

El_Majacko

Premium Member
1. The current top 3 in the championship (Jacko, Maz and dani) have never shared a PRL podium together. Will such a rostrum occur this season, or potentially this round?
Its very surprising this statistic exists. At some point it will probably change, but the likelihood of it being this week is something else. I'll go out on a limb though and say yes.
2. Pole position has only won one race this campaign (Maz at Melbourne) with 2nd and 4th also being winning grid slots. Will the polesitter secure victory in Barcelona?
Probably not.
3. Four drivers qualified within 0.07 seconds here last season. Will we see a similarly close session this week?
Probably not.
4. The Spanish Grand Prix has been held at Catalunya since 1991, having previously been held at tracks such as Jarama and Jerez. Would you prefer the Spanish GP remain at this circuit, return to one of its previous iterations (without the chicane perhaps), or go to a different track entirely such as Valencia, where the European Grand Prix was held for numerous years?
Catalunya is known for field spread due to dirty air. Its time to move on from it, the cars simply don't suit it any more. Valencia however, was awesome. Its one of my favourite tracks ever. Bring. It. Back.

El_Majacko

Premium Member
Q: 2nd
What an idiot I am. I cut the chicane on my first flyer which invalidated my current and next lap. I should have pitted then and there, but I continued and set two laps. By this time I didn't have time to come in for a new set. I was super lucky no-one realised inters were best by this point and I stayed a lucky P2.

R: 1st
There was a little lag off the start so I was cautious into T1 but pounced on Maz when he was a little wide later in the lap. Unfortunately he had to leave which left Harry and stewart on my tail. Harry went aggressive with an early pitstop which I thought would compromise his pace in traffic and perhaps necessitate a two-stop. I carried on and pitted for hards with stewart who by now had caught up. Stewart attempted several moves, including one at turn 1 that forced me off and to cut turn 2. I emerged ahead but needed to give the position back. I was confident he had a penalty and was content to follow him home, but he lost the rear and the lead soon after. From there I cruised as the rain started. Congrats to stewart and bozza on the podiums. Bad luck to those many who got the bad luck this round. I know dani looked strong in practice, and to only come away with 2 points is a huge disappointment.