Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 5: Spain - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (01May19 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Spain.png

Last Season's Results: 
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1st: Sucuri
2nd: Darklol
3rd: Muddh20
Pole: Tron4949
FL: Darklol[/font]

jalmenar

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Jonathan Almenar
iRacing ID
Hi, I lament to inform everyone that, due to a new working schedule I have to retire from the entire season. I wish you all good luck!

KaYoS

Name
Messy start, hadn't practiced with full fuel enough, and had a few offs, but I managed to bring it home for 2 points!

[youtube]w1oQo3vU864[/youtube]

patlessard

Name
kub said:
Tron4949 said:
Not sure what to make of this, would like to see Succuri's view:

[youtube]XOG6dqGYHZ0[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LjKB9dltbY 

Didn't give you enough space and most of the curbs around Catalunya are deadly. Imo his fault.

Hard to tell with only one view , there seemed to be another Ferrari on Bobino'a left

My two cents would be that may be wait for the straigh to pass ?

Bobino12

Name
In a way to try to improve my pace for the race, I spent many hours practicing this track where I never been comfortable before. I was then finally able to have a decent pace in Practice and in Time Trial.

The start of the race have shown to me very quickly that my choice of tyres (SuperSoft) was wrong even if I was able to take the lead over Darklol at the start. These tyres were so slippery and my pace was really bad and I had to fight the car into each corners. So I couldn't get a little distance from him even if he was on slower tyres and he got me easily on lap 3 with DRS on the main strait. He could have got me before on lap 2 into the last corner but he stayed back instead, probably knowing that he could get me on the next lap, so he did.

Megaman then overtook me on lap 4 and I spent no energy protecting my position because my tyres were almost shot and I was just waiting to pit on lap 6 for soft tyres. He pitted at the end of lap 5 when I had both Ferraris on my back.

The first Ferrari driver, Tron, was trying to pass me since corner 5, where he ran into the back of my car and we came side by side into corner 7 on the same lap 5. Two places where overtaking is impossible and dangerous. I knew then that he was desperate to overtake me at all cost and that his chance, if he keeps his cool, would come on the Start/Finish strait with DRS. Coming into corner 14, I braked too late and ran a little wide which compromised the entry to corner 15 for a little while, not enough to let the car behind pass safely. The Ferrari behind tried his luck, not thinking that both cars would be in danger, hit me twice and put me into the wall to my right at the second contact. He was lucky because he could have spun instead of me or with me or even break his front wing because his move was not safe. I suppose he was too eager to overtake me to even think of safety.

Like PatLessard wrote with a clever understanding of racing, he could have waited a little and overtake me easily and carefully on the strait, few feet further with DRS and I would have been a sitting duck. Instead, he made me spin into the wall and he lost a place to the other Ferrari Sucuri who was happy to get 2 positions into this corner.

My race was over after 5 little laps on a track where I had positive thinking and confidence to get a good result at last. Not this time though.

Here's my full 5 laps race, without adverts and cuts. You can watch it completely, it will not take a lot of your time...

https://youtu.be/rQYI8hhS-s4

kub

Name
Bobino12 said:
In a way to try to improve my pace for the race, I spent many hours practicing this track where I never been comfortable before. I was then finally able to have a decent pace in Practice and in Time Trial.

The start of the race have shown to me very quickly that my choice of tyres (SuperSoft) was wrong even if I was able to take the lead over Darklol at the start. These tyres were so slippery and my pace was really bad and I had to fight the car into each corners. So I couldn't get a little distance from him even if he was on slower tyres and he got me easily on lap 3 with DRS on the main strait. He could have got me before on lap 2 into the last corner but he stayed back instead, probably knowing that he could get me on the next lap, so he did.

Megaman then overtook me on lap 4 and I spent no energy protecting my position because my tyres were almost shot and I was just waiting to pit on lap 6 for soft tyres. He pitted at the end of lap 5 when I had both Ferraris on my back.

The first Ferrari driver, Tron, was trying to pass me since corner 5, where he ran into the back of my car and we came side by side into corner 7 on the same lap 5. Two places where overtaking is impossible and dangerous. I knew then that he was desperate to overtake me at all cost and that his chance, if he keeps his cool, would come on the Start/Finish strait with DRS. Coming into corner 14, I braked too late and ran a little wide which compromised the entry to corner 15 for a little while, not enough to let the car behind pass safely. The Ferrari behind tried his luck, not thinking that both cars would be in danger, hit me twice and put me into the wall to my right at the second contact. He was lucky because he could have spun instead of me or with me or even break his front wing because his move was not safe. I suppose he was too eager to overtake me to even think of safety.

Like PatLessard wrote with a clever understanding of racing, he could have waited a little and overtake me easily and carefully on the strait, few feet further with DRS and I would have been a sitting duck. Instead, he made me spin into the wall and he lost a place to the other Ferrari Sucuri who was happy to get 2 positions into this corner.

My race was over after 5 little laps on a track where I had positive thinking and confidence to get a good result at last. Not this time though.

Here's my full 5 laps race, without adverts and cuts. You can watch it completely, it will not take a lot of your time...

https://youtu.be/rQYI8hhS-s4

I still see this incident as your fault. 
https://prnt.sc/nlcdlm
https://prnt.sc/nlce4w
https://prnt.sc/nlceru
https://prnt.sc/nlcfdy
You could've gone little bit wider and give Tron more space. Could Tron wait for the straight and pass you there? Yes, but that means he has to slow down to match your speed, giving Sucuri a significant advantage on the straight.