Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 3 Signups are now closed !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are now closed apart from the GT4 Amateur Series and the Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series where we still have places left !
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details.

Round 5: Sonoma Raceway - Cup (19 Jul)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Sonoma Raceway_Cup.png
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Afternoon
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
F3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Judging from my pace and considering how far off the pace I usually am from the leaders I'd expect the pace to be in the 1:22 or 1:23s

mclachlanol

Organizer
FR3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
A couple times testing I had a really hot track (111 and 116), I was getting low 1:25s. Last time it was 106tt and I was getting high 1:24s. It's a slippery track for sure. Hope for cloudy weather on Thursday  ;)

paulwildridge

Premium Member
FR3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
I will be on tonight like always. Around 8pm. Hope to figure out this Damn trail braking. Thats 8pm est edt or whatever we are right now.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
I’d like to apologize for some of the things i may have said about Claire Williams in the practice session. I’m sure she’s a wonderful person and i may have had a few glasses of wine...

What I’m not sorry about are my lap times. White Flag Racing is bringing the heat!

paulwildridge

Premium Member
FR3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
CajunGrit said:
I’d like to apologize for some of the things i may have said about Claire Williams in the practice session. I’m sure she’s a wonderful person and i may have had a few glasses of wine...

What I’m not sorry about are my lap times. White Flag Racing is bringing the heat!
LOL! I am not! She may be a wonderful person but we do not judge them on their personal lives as that is not right cuz we all have skeletons. But what has happened to Williams under her control is pretty bad. 

As for lap times you guys are bringing the heat. Gonna be a good one tonight. Chrome horn is coming out tonight!!!

TRG

Director
Staff member
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Breaking news. Claire Williams has been hired by Blown Tranny Racing. More to follow.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview... Sorry for the delay, but the added pressure of a raceday interview is fun.

1. You have the opportunity to hire a new crew chief - who are you choosing and why? Your choices are Arrivabene, Wolff (Toto, not Susie), or Horner?
2. Next feature for iracing to roll out, what is your choice?
3. Thoughts on Sonoma? Which corner is most difficult?

paulwildridge

Premium Member
FR3.5 Pro Series 2021/S3
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. You have the opportunity to hire a new crew chief - who are you choosing and why? Your choices are Arrivabene, Wolff (Toto, not Susie), or Horner?

Arrivabene! He is always fighting for his job and seems like a very emotional guy which is fun. Wolff is a pos (i am not a fan of guys who cheat on their wives and make that a priority over everything else) and Horner is married to a spicegirl.

Time lapse. It's time to race at night at night. After that improve the crash sound and realism. If there is contact with a tire it needs to go flat. That would add a new aspect.

The right hander before the esses. I seem to like to hit that damn tall curb. Turn 7a on the map. 3a is a little difficult but once you have your line figured out it works out ok.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID

It’s a toss up between Arrivabene and Horner. I’d take Arrivabene for the pit lane high fives and the him leaving me alone on the radio. Also i would get to say “Razza Rigazzi” on the team speak whenever i want. But i quite like the sound of Horner’s voice, and i love the Spice Girls.

Karts. No question. I do like Paul’s flat tire concept as well. I’d also like to see a lot more broadcast coverage. I know there’s a lot of broadcasters out there already, but Following the Skip Barber series on RaceSpot TV is really what drew me into the sim racing “culture”. Picking a favorite driver (Greg Seitz!!!) and following along with the championship was a lot of fun and it got me real familiar with the big names in my specific series. So on my part it gave me heroes to look up to that i could actually reach out and talk to. And on their end they get a reason for racing. I mean, who doesn’t like being appreciated for their talents??

I’m hoping that the esports trend can keep becoming more and more mainstream (across all genres). I may never get to formula 1 (i know...it’s a long shot....but believe it or not it might NEVER happen!!!), but in time i think i could be a really solid top split mid pack driver. And when that day comes i want it broadcast for the whole world to see!

What can i say...Sonoma has the best fans anywhere! And even though it looks like a parking lot, the track has its own unique charm that’s really grown on me in the past week. Riding the curb coming out of turn 4a, flying through the esses and sailing through turn 10 are the highlights of my lap. But with the changes in elevation, turns 2 and 3a can really eat your lunch if you’re not careful.

All i gotta say is don’t get stuck behind me. As long as I’m still on track there won’t be many opportunities for the overtake!

crich88848

Premium Member
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Oh boy, time to show off my ignorance. No clue who any of these people are.

Hot air balloon racing.

Slippery track, maybe turn 3?  I'm gonna drive this bich till the wheels fall off! Watch out for lots of off track incidents and a possible blown engine out of this guy. I like to think of myself as the American version of Gilles Villeneuve.

IF YOU AIN'T FIRST YOU'RE LAST! SHAKE N BAKE! RICKY BOOOOBBBYYYY!!!

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
“Ted Kravitz here live from pit lane and we’re receiving reports of trouble with the #16 car!  It seems that when transferring their garage from Donnington to Sonoma they’ve hit a bit of a technical problem with their high speed fiber optic network.  Will White Flag Racing be able to sort out their issues in time for the race?  Or will it be heart ache and high drama in the desert?  Stay tuned to find out!! Back to you Crofty. ”