Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022/S4 - Seasonal prizes draw!

Hi Guest, The list of eligible drivers to the 2022/S4 end of season draw is now available! We will be doing a live event on Discord on Sunday December 11th at 9pm EDT!
    Click here for more details and to see the list of eligible drivers.

Round 5: Sebring International Raceway - International (July 16)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Sebring%20International%20Raceway%20-%20International.png

Race Time of day: 2020-07-18 15:50
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

JFMatte

Name
Jean-Francois Matte
iRacing ID
I'll be missing this one too, a last minute family vacation...I should be good for the rest of the season though ! Have a good one :)

Mark_MacDonald

Premium Member
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S4
Name
Mark MacDonald
iRacing ID
I want to apologize to Brandon for our contact onto the back straight. I was cranked over with cold tires and had to lift to avoid running off the track and he had no where to go. I feel super crappy about it and I think we were robbed of a really fun end battle. 
It was a great race to that point and it’s made me really excited for the upcoming rounds. 

nickthequick

Organizer
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
I need to also apologize for cutting down into Liam's line on the last corner of lap 1 which damaged his wing and I believe collected Byron after that. My rejoin in the corner after the first lap spin was not the greatest. I had a 0x on Daniel when 4 of us were battling. It was very slight contact but I saw he got out of shape so wanted to apologize for that as well. Not happy with my driving this week and sorry for who it effected.

dkranes

Premium Member
Name
DANIEL KRANEFUSS
iRacing ID
Hey Nick, no worries about our contact on lap 9. That was a fun scrappy battle. When it happened I actually thought I squeezed you a bit on the entry into Tower. I looked at the replay and it's definitely not your fault, I consider it a racing incident. My left rear was mangled for less than a second but then got the magic repair, car seemed unaffected.

nickthequick

Organizer
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
Okay thanks Daniel. We have had some great battles this season, the midpack is where its at! So many of us are close there on pace.

I know i am being a bit hard on myself I just never want to see someone else's race get effected by something i could potentially avoided but i guess sometimes this happens in racing and i am happy it did not effect your car.

I have a feeling spa is going to be crazy with the short 6th gear in this car lol, cant wait for next week!

dkranes

Premium Member
Name
DANIEL KRANEFUSS
iRacing ID
Haha, Spa with a short 6th gear. Yeah!

Having flashbacks to Jonny Edgar insisting on bump drafting down the Kemmel straight in F3 every lap.

CaptainCanada

Name
Marc Ponick
iRacing ID
nickthequick said:
 the midpack is where its at! 

Lol, isn't that always the way? Or am I just always Mid Pack and don't know any better? - 1. I am, 2. I do now after watching the replay - Seitz / Chin was pretty amazing racing.
I've always said that I don't care if I'm racing for 1st or 21st as long as it's fun, and the racing is clean. Fortunately I do usually get both.

Wondering if anyone is running VRS setups essentially as-is? Not really sure how to tune beyond the basics (wings, diff, toe / camber, ARB, BB) and with time being a bit tight, much prefer to practice consistency with a stable car than experiment with tuning. Don't expect to get up to speed w/ top guys, but I do feel I'm missing something with this car.

nickthequick

Organizer
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
CaptainCanada said:
nickthequick said:

Lol, isn't that always the way? Or am I just always Mid Pack and don't know any better? - 1. I am, 2. I do now after watching the replay - Seitz / Chin was pretty amazing racing.
I've always said that I don't care if I'm racing for 1st or 21st as long as it's fun, and the racing is clean. Fortunately I do usually get both.

Wondering if anyone is running VRS setups essentially as-is? Not really sure how to tune beyond the basics (wings, diff, toe / camber, ARB, BB) and with time being a bit tight, much prefer to practice consistency with a stable car than experiment with tuning. Don't expect to get up to speed w/ top guys, but I do feel I'm missing something with this car.

I typically try Craigs setup and vrs and then choose whichever one works better.  Sometimes minor tweaks but i find i gain more time keeping it mostly the same and comparing my sectors to the vrs telemetry.  Keep in mind im probably average at best :D

CaptainCanada

Name
Marc Ponick
iRacing ID
nickthequick said:
CaptainCanada said:
nickthequick said:

I typically try Craigs setup and vrs and then choose whichever one works better.  Sometimes minor tweaks but i find i gain more time keeping it mostly the same and comparing my sectors to the vrs telemetry.  Keep in mind im probably average at best :D

I do check the telemetry vs the VRS laps a lot, probably my favourite feature of that service. It never occurred to me to use the VRS blap ghost car when testing in the same track settings as Julianne used. By using the comparison lap by sector I found I just wasn't trusting the car's grip enough and had more apex speed available than I had thought. Whether my driving skills can utilize that properly remains to be seen.  :geek: