Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 5: Sebring International Raceway - International (Jan 28)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Sebring%20Intl.png

Race Time of day: 2021-01-30 13:15 1x
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Feeling under the weather after working outside in the cold all day, going to bed. See you next week.

dan

FriskyCanuck

Premium Member
Name
Frank Nguyen
iRacing ID
Fun race everyone! Could've qualified better but still happy with my 6th place.

Good racing with you Olivier, well defended. I had the speed but that's not enough, well earned 5th!

gseitz

Name
Greg Seitz
iRacing ID
Perhaps you could explain exactly what I did wrong to warrant a 17 point penalty at VIR since I can't respond in the stewards thread.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Per PRL Racing Rules Sec 5.2.1(https://precisionracingleague.com/forum/index.php?pages/RacingRules/)
Rolling Start (for road and oval): The pole sitter must maintain a pace +/- 5mph (8kph) and may not overly fluctuate speed on the pace lap.

On the pace lap, the pace car speed was ~88 km/h. Through the final corner, you dropped your speed to 50 km/h prior to accelerating. The resulting accordion effect resulted in collisions involving 7x cars. The penalty is 10 points, plus a 7-car multiplier.

crich88848

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
So turn three of lap one, I need to apologize to about 4 people, at least. I checked up trying to not punt anyone, locked up and got into the grass. Ended up in a very precarious position.

I love Sebring and am typically smarter than that.

I was the one the got stuck in your side pod during that incident. It effectively ended my race as my front wing was damaged and lost major top end speed an aero. I appreciate the apology though and not really upset. This season has been a complete wash for me. My aggressiveness at Long Beach and VIR costed me DNFs when I had pace to finish top 3 AM. Shit happens, it was a racing incident. This is Sebring and there is always a pile up in T3 on L1. I

Threefiver

Premium Member
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
Matthew, So sad this battle ended due to netcode.....great battle and very respectful racing.

MontanAggie

Premium Member
Name
Bart Douglas Cook
iRacing ID
I had a blast racing wheel to wheel through multiple turns with a couple of you, then trying to catch Barry for the last third of the race or so. I don't think I would've caught you or gotten by you anyway, but I wish I had added one more click of fuel in my stop. I got the "one lap left" warning on the back stretch before the white flag. Was happy to finish and somehow stay in front of Williams.
And no worries about the tap and spin, Brett. Just racing, and thankfully, I got no damage.
This season has been a huge learning experience and also really fun.

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
I had a blast racing wheel to wheel through multiple turns with a couple of you, then trying to catch Barry for the last third of the race or so. I don't think I would've caught you or gotten by you anyway, but I wish I had added one more click of fuel in my stop. I got the "one lap left" warning on the back stretch before the white flag. Was happy to finish and somehow stay in front of Williams.
And no worries about the tap and spin, Brett. Just racing, and thankfully, I got no damage.

Yeah, that was a great race - and I did much better than my practicing went...
With about 3 laps left (wasn't sure exactly how many we were gonna do) I started to get worried that I hadn't put enough fuel in. Had already made the mistake of taking tires (they were ALL over 90% after I pitted - LOL!!), so started lifting here and there - next thing I know you're 8 tenths behind!! 😳

Figured screw it, I either run out of fuel or I don't!! 😁 I had 0.2 coming out of Sunset bend on the last lap (kinda glad I lifted a couple places though).
Good race, man! 🍺

And yes, I learned a ton last season (my first time in this car) and have now just tried to improve my consistency - not so much speed, but just getting consistently slow lap times. 🤣🤣
On to Silverstone. . .

Seca

Name
Brett Acord
iRacing ID

I am really sorry. I was trying to stay close to get a good run on to the backstretch. I am not sure if it was you or I , but I was carrying a bit more speed as we went right and I touched you. Karma got me with about 6 minutes left though as I crashed out of 15th going into Sunset Bend.

MontanAggie

Premium Member
Name
Bart Douglas Cook
iRacing ID
I am really sorry. I was trying to stay close to get a good run on to the backstretch. I am not sure if it was you or I , but I was carrying a bit more speed as we went right and I touched you. Karma got me with about 6 minutes left though as I crashed out of 15th going into Sunset Bend.
It's all good! Some of both. I had a bad run coming out of 15 and into Le Mans and you were just a little too close, but that's racing. I took out Nick when I spun in front of him on the final turn of the final lap at Barber while he was running 2nd, so I have zero room to complain about any incident. Part of my learning this season, being aware of upcoming leaders, but not so much that you're distracted on a turn exit and spin in front of them.