Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 5: Phillip Island Circuit (17 Jul)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
 ​
One of the sponsors of this race is Blue Ridge Performance

​
 ​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKtpledP77w&feature=youtu.be​
  ​
Time of day: Morning
Max. incidents: 30
Race length: 45 minutes
Max. fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race Interview
1. Like last week, Phillip Island is a very fast circuit! What are your expectations for this week?
2. Are you still satisfied with the car selection you did at the beginning of the season? If not, which car would you take?
3. Are you a painter? Show us paints you have created or show us your favorite iRacing paint!

DeamingPie

Organizer
Full Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
I can’t do the 9pm practices so I will have as 2 hour session go up at 7pm for those in the same boat as me.

shawnkenning

1. Like last week, Phillip Island is a very fast circuit! What are your expectations for this week?
I've done a couple of races here and it's much like Mosport, fast and flowy with a couple of spots that you best not get
very far offline or you're going for a ride. Not a whole lot of spots that if you go off, you're race is done. Decent amount
of runoff.
2. Are you still satisfied with the car selection you did at the beginning of the season? If not, which car would you take?
Loving the Porsche. The only detriment is the lack of ability to make big changes to the gearbox.
3. Are you a painter? Show us paints you have created or show us your favorite iRacing paint!
I've only really done my current car and don't really have a pic of it.

Afawcett94

Pre-race Interview

To have a quiet race for once! I've had some pretty bad races, looking for a quiet race with no major incidents.
Yeah, I like the porsche and am finally getting comfortable with it. might have been  better to stick with a car I know better, but it's fine. 
I am! I did the FKN paint for James and Peter. My favorite paint I've done recently is the Manthey 911 paint.

FKNCommishLB

Premium Member
Full Name
James LeBlond
iRacing ID
Afawcett94 said:
Pre-race Interview

To have a quiet race for once! I've had some pretty bad races, looking for a quiet race with no major incidents.
Yeah, I like the porsche and am finally getting comfortable with it. might have been  better to stick with a car I know better, but it's fine. 
I am! I did the FKN paint for James and Peter. My favorite paint I've done recently is the Manthey 911 paint.

He did! Let me show you a picture of that right meow!

MrCaringi

Guys,

I got a lot work last weeks,

I havent been able to even open the iRacing page... so, I wont put in risk your clean race,

I hope see you next race, I miss to race with such gentleman drivers!

Good luck!

Sassy_McSassypants

Premium Member
Full Name
Pete Mobroten
iRacing ID
Hell of a race! Erik: Sorry for almost murdering both of us with two laps left. I had no intention of kicking off the eurobeat on the exit and I couldn't get her back under control. You caught up to me mid massive-tank-slapper.

DeamingPie

Organizer
Full Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Sassy_McSassypants said:
Hell of a race! Erik: Sorry for almost murdering both of us with two laps left. I had no intention of kicking off the eurobeat on the exit and I couldn't get her back under control. You caught up to me mid massive-tank-slapper.

No problems bud. 

Slinky13

P2 once again. Looking for the top step. Had some fun battles with Barie and Eissler. By the time I was in second place the Perez had a decent gap. I also made a bit of a whoopsie in some traffic which dropped me another 6 seconds or so. Just kept it calm and steady after the stop and it seems like Perez did the same since the gap was pretty stable the rest of the race. Looking forward to next week!

athacker

Premium Member
Michael O. - Again apologize for the incident in Honda corner with a few minutes left in the race. When I let Erik by I honestly thought it was you to make up for my mistake. I owe you one next opportunity.

SuperHawk

Premium Member
Aaron - No worries. I know I was a little upset initially, but really I understand sometimes things like that happen. I think that we had a great race going for awhile. I know you were a little faster at the end (my tires were done) and I was doing all I could to hold you off but also did not want to do any blocking as I didn't want us to get into each other as well and then give up a top 5 at least. That's why I tried to leave that inside open for you as I saw you had a nice run on me. I think you just overshot the corner a bit and locked up from what I could tell.

acaro

Premium Member
I am sorry for not giving notice that I would miss the race but it was a last minute call on my end. I have been facing some health issues for the past few days, and joining the race with almost no practice and a high fever would probably have cause some issues.

I didn't want to ruin anyone's race so I opted to stay out for this round.

I will hopefully be able to run next week.

Ozymandias

Organizer
Full Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
At the end, good result for me yesterday. Benjamin and Alexander were clearly faster and with a better pace than me. After a couple of mistakes in turn 2, I was in no-man's land for the rest of the race....
Congrats to Ben and Alexander, I will try to find more pace (and speed) for Zandvoort next week.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
FYI, I'm on vacation with limited access to internet/email. Stewards protest may take 2 weeks to be reviewed. Sometimes I need to make video clip for chief steward because he doesn't own all iRacing content.

Thanks for your understanding.

Slinky13

Ozymandias said:
At the end, good result for me yesterday. Benjamin and Alexander were clearly faster and with a better pace than me. After a couple of mistakes in turn 2, I was in no-man's land for the rest of the race....
Congrats to Ben and Alexander, I will try to find more pace (and speed) for Zandvoort next week.

I had good pace in the race but you guys were definitely quicker than me in quali. I haven't really been able to make the car work so well for quali and I've got to figure that out since passing is so difficult. Zandvoort should be interesting since there will be no IMSA setups to rely on. 

Ozymandias

Organizer
Full Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
Slinky13 said:
Ozymandias said:

I had good pace in the race but you guys were definitely quicker than me in quali. I haven't really been able to make the car work so well for quali and I've got to figure that out since passing is so difficult. Zandvoort should be interesting since there will be no IMSA setups to rely on. 

Neither Setups nor Reference Times to know how good (or bad) you are in practice....

Phyrexius

Premium Member
Ozymandias said:
Slinky13 said:
Ozymandias said:

Neither Setups nor Reference Times to know how good (or bad) you are in practice....

I hope you boys are ready because Zandvoort is one of my favorite tracks. So much fun  :lol:

Ozymandias

Organizer
Full Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
Phyrexius said:
Ozymandias said:
Slinky13 said:

I hope you boys are ready because Zandvoort is one of my favorite tracks. So much fun  :lol:

if you are willing to share setup maybe I can compete against you ... the first 2 laps ... :mrgreen: