Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 5: Nurburgring Combined - 24hr / Afternoon (17 Apr)

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member
Name
Nurburgring%20Combined%20-%20Gesamtstrecke%2024h.png

This race has been sponsored and brought to broadcast by Apex Button Box!
 ​
Apex_Button_Box.png

Broadcast Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-1j4_6iUZY

Time of day: Afternoon
Max. incidents: 40
Race length: 60 minutes
Max. fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

The session will start 30 minutes later because this race is 60 minutes.

Practice: 6:30pm EST (150 minutes)
Qualifying: 9pm EST (30 minutes)
Race: 9:30pm EST (60 minutes)

Pre-Race Interview
1. The Green Hell! What are your thoughts about this circuit?
2. How's your season going so far? Have you achieved what you expected so far?
3. Do you own a car? What is it? Are you a DIYers?

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Ok guys,

I've heard that there was some discussion about changing this circuit and drivers saying they will not attend.

Even if I understand you, because I don't know the track as well, we cannot cancel or change this race and here are the reasons:

[ul]
[li]This has a lot of impact for the broadcaster. They will need to double work to make it possible;[/li]
[li]A big impact as well for iRacing Live. It's a privilege to be on iRacing Live, not all leagues and broadcasts are there. So if we start to change our races in a schedule iRacing already have, this will put more work for them, and we may lost this opportunity;[/li]
[li]When we develop this series, we have decided to follow the official iRacing series because it was what the majority of the members last season wanted. So this is why we have added Nürburgring 24h;[/li]
[li]You all signed up knowing this circuit layout was there. If we would have been inform before the season start, maybe something would have been possible;[/li]
[li]We have been criticism in the past because we had to change rules and schedule while a season was underway. Following those criticism (which we understand), we decided to never change any rules while a season is underway. It's about keeping the integrity and the professionalism of the league.[/li]
[/ul]
With that said, I can promise you that it's a lesson learned for us and we may not use this circuit again in a schedule. If this circuit is on the next season schedule, we will change it for the GP layout.

I hope you all understand the reason, and we hope to see a maximum of drivers on track tomorrow! At least to support GSRC broadcast because it's not easy to broadcast this circuit :p

MrCaringi

Name
I'll be there for sure, the most amazing track in the world.... so, if nobody is there.... maybe (if I get the finish line) just maybe, I could do a podium? :D

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
jeromef1 said:
Ok guys,

I've heard that there was some discussion about changing this circuit and drivers saying they will not attend.

Even if I understand you, because I don't know the track as well, we cannot cancel or change this race and here are the reasons:

[ul]
[li]This has a lot of impact for the broadcaster. They will need to double work to make it possible;[/li]
[li]A big impact as well for iRacing Live. It's a privilege to be on iRacing Live, not all leagues and broadcasts are there. So if we start to change our races in a schedule iRacing already have, this will put more work for them, and we may lost this opportunity;[/li]
[li]When we develop this series, we have decided to follow the official iRacing series because it was what the majority of the members last season wanted. So this is why we have added Nürburgring 24h;[/li]
[li]You all signed up knowing this circuit layout was there. If we would have been inform before the season start, maybe something would have been possible;[/li]
[li]We have been criticism in the past because we had to change rules and schedule while a season was underway. Following those criticism (which we understand), we decided to never change any rules while a season is underway. It's about keeping the integrity and the professionalism of the league.[/li]
[/ul]
With that said, I can promise you that it's a lesson learned for us and we may not use this circuit again in a schedule. If this circuit is on the next season schedule, we will change it for the GP layout.

I hope you all understand the reason, and we hope to see a maximum of drivers on track tomorrow! At least to support GSRC broadcast because it's not easy to broadcast this circuit :p

Totally agree with Jerome.

Whats the problem with Nordshleife? It is an amazing circuit. It is known that it is a dangerous circuit that requires practice and skill, but it is tremendously entertaining to race and practice. Undoubtedly one of my favorites of the season (although I'm not good at it).

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
GT3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
The problem is guys don't want to put in the time to learn the track.
Only thing I can agree with some of the people post on the motorcycle forum we are on and some on the I Racing forum is that it's going to be difficult to put in a clean qualifying lap. I absolutely love this track.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
The problem is not, not wanting to put time in to learn the track, the problem is finding the time it takes to learn the track. Between my day job, and the evenings doing my side business, I have little time to spare. 1:20 second lap around Brands will net me almost 5 learning laps compared to one lap at the ring, and that's if I put in a clean lap at the ring. Please do not make it sound as if I am lazy and don't want to take the time to learn it. Believe me, I wish for nothing more.

TRG

Director
Staff member
F3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
I guess this will be many guys' drop week.

I will be there, learned the track or not... I just know enough to adjust my pace accordingly.

Phyrexius

Premium Member
Name
Meanwhile I've been over here excited as heck that I finally get to try the GTE's around the Nordschleife as I have never gotten to drive one there yet (never bothered to do offline testing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ). Quite an amazing track that is so rewarding to learn.

Fmontini

Name
Francisco Montini
iRacing ID
The calendar was known from before the start of the tournament. There was time to know the circuit since then, so it does not seem right to ask to be removed from the calendar from April 9. In any case the complaint should have been to know the calendar. It is a difficult circuit, extremely long but equally entertaining and different. It does not matter to be fast here, it only matters to finish the race.
See you guys in the Green Hell

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
TRG said:
Will there be an official practice session?

Since we are following iRacing schedule,  there are lots of officials practice sessions, plus many hosted ones.  Just join one if these and since it is not a popular track, there should be less cars in them. 

TRG

Director
Staff member
F3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Sounds good. I will be on TS Monday night for a while if anyone wants to join me in a specific session.

Pittenger5

Name
Im probably going to miss this race, though not by choice. I like having it on the calendar, but I can see how other people might not.