Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 5: Nürburgring Combined - Gesamtstrecke 24h (Apr 26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
NurburgringCombined24h.png

NOTE THAT QUALIFYING WILL START 15 MIN EARLIER FOR THIS RACE (8:45PM EDT)

Drivers Meeting Will Start Promptly @ 8:40PM
Make sure you keep track of the time as not to take any time away from
qualifying !!!!!

Race Time of day:
2021-04-24 14:00 1x
Race Length: 40 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 17x
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Dflanagan

Premium Member
Full Name
David Flanagan
iRacing ID
Last night I was leading the AM drivers and a pro driver forces a pass hits me and causes me to have required repairs thus ending my first place bid. In my opinion having pro and am drivers on the same track is the problem. A pro driver won’t sit patiently behind the am drivers. Said pro also had damage and held me up for half a lap. I passed him cleanly. Might not pass him cleanly next week or the week after that as well. No pro driver should ever wreck an am driver period esp not the leader! This is why I’ve decided to retire for the rest of the season.

Gary Schilling

Organizer
Full Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
I had a similar thing happen to me twice.
I have to watch the entire race again before submitting a protest.
If you recall I made it a point to tell the faster drivers that did not get a clean qualifying lap in to be patient when coming through the field .
There's always a few that think they own the track.
For the most part everyone has been really good this season.
I hope you saved a replay.
If not message me about it and I will take a look .

Dflanagan

Premium Member
Full Name
David Flanagan
iRacing ID
I had a similar thing happen to me twice.
I have to watch the entire race again before submitting a protest.
If you recall I made it a point to tell the faster drivers that did not get a clean qualifying lap in to be patient when coming through the field .
There's always a few that think they own the track.
For the most part everyone has been really good this season.
I hope you saved a replay.
If not message me about it and I will take a look .
Gary I do appreciate what you said to the faster drivers but Espinoza only caught me because of M Davies wrecking in front of me. I had to not only lift but heavy brake and that’s when Espinoza took it upon him to try a skerry pass at best. That’s when he hit me and ended my race. Plus he is still liking all my posts. Not the kind of racer I want to be around and to me these racers are killing Monday nights...

millenix

Organizer
Full Name
JR Williams
iRacing ID
Incidents happen in a race and in the heat of the moment I am very known to get angry and vent on my teams discord. With that said there are always 2 sides to every incident and the only thing we are in control of is how we handle the incident and what we do with ourselves to move on. My honest opinion for you David would be to protest the driver if you feel strongly about the incident and consider moving on to the next race. The stewarding is here to review and will offer a third party view of the incident.

Ken Rodriguez

Organizer
Full Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
Last night I was leading the AM drivers and a pro driver forces a pass hits me and causes me to have required repairs thus ending my first place bid. In my opinion having pro and am drivers on the same track is the problem. A pro driver won’t sit patiently behind the am drivers. Said pro also had damage and held me up for half a lap. I passed him cleanly. Might not pass him cleanly next week or the week after that as well. No pro driver should ever wreck an am driver period esp not the leader! This is why I’ve decided to retire for the rest of the season.

Just to be clear, threatening retaliation is not condoned in this league. Constructive criticism is highly encouraged as is spirited debate about incidents that will provide lessons learned and points made to help grow the community's awareness around how to avoid said incidents.

Personal, emotional opinions do little to grow a community as everyone has their own opinion on issues from politics down to what pair of sneakers they're going to wear that day. ;)

Gary Schilling

Organizer
Full Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
I've been told to tone it down here, as everyone is not as passionate about the series as me.
I requested it last season when we raced here and got shot down, that if a driver is found to be responsible for ending someone's race at this track the penalty be much more severe.
For the life of me I don't understand how a driver with IR about 2k can't put 1 clean qualifying lap that would put them in front of most AM drivers.

Gary Schilling

Organizer
Full Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
Just to be clear, threatening retaliation is not condoned in this league. Constructive criticism is highly encouraged as is spirited debate about incidents that will provide lessons learned and points made to help grow the community's awareness around how to avoid said incidents.

Personal, emotional opinions do little to grow a community as everyone has their own opinion on issues from politics down to what pair of sneakers they're going to wear that day. ;)
Best to message the person 1st, but I would highly suggest using the protest form.

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Full Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID

Not that I should get involved in this at all, but reading your statement, Ken, got me thinking about what transpired here in the last day or so.

I get that threatening or retaliatory behavior is against the (PRL) rules, and is even against iRacing code of conduct - but I don't think David meant that he was going to actually wreck someone (namely Espinosa) in a race. It sounded more like a sarcastic remark to someone who is almost trolling a good, competent member of PRL.

Here's an example in this thread:

1619624625298.png

He (Espinosa) has been "Liking" David's incident explanation with smart-ass emoticons . . . the entire time. When all that is needed is a quick apology of some sort from the driver that caused the incident (100% knocked him off track). Have you guys even noticed that Espinosa has been responding to Davids posts in this thread like a middle school aged girl?? Or is that kind of sarcastic response 'OKAY', but not someone who has a legitimate frustration from being taken out of a race, yet again, by a supposed 'better driver'?? Just jumping on the comm real quick with a 'sorry 'bout that, David', would've went a long way in avoiding this - but I, as anyone, can tell by the little emoticons that he's not sorry for wrecking someone. Hence David's sarcastic, albeit unnecessary, response.

Having raced with David numerous times in 'Official' races recently, and for almost 3 full seasons here at PRL, I can confidently say that he is not the problem here...

And I know you didn't ask, but just my $0.02.

Dflanagan

Premium Member
Full Name
David Flanagan
iRacing ID
Honestly, my three seasons in prl GT3 and gte should speak for my comment about wrecking Espinoza. I think the way he drives and conducts himself if what should Not be tolerated here or in any league, as if I want to get wrecked I can do an official race. Not only did Espinoza end my race but now I have no way Of making back the points I’ve lost for the season. This is why I’m so frustrated. If you think I went to far then tell me not to come back. I’m with Barry on this one and thanks Barry for sticking up for me. Notice Espinoza hasn’t said a word... think he will like this post??? He is not faster as I qualified in front of him and I tried not to go as fast as I could to allow the slower pros to be in front of me. FYI

Gary Schilling

Organizer
Full Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
I meant to come back here and do some editing.
But you guys beat me to it.
The threaded was locked, I unlocked it for the simple fact that I know how hard it is to put so much time in for this race only to have it ruined by someone's inability to be patient enough to wait for the right spot to pass.
And I'm not talking about Espinoza as I've not watched the race yet.

But keep it civil and it's not the best idea to be calling out a driver by name until you've messaged or spoke with them online.

I know it's still a ways off, but next season will be a whole different ballgame. Please be patient .

And please don't make me lock the tread again.

Last edited:

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Final post to this thread and let me expose the fact!

First, both Flanagan and Espinoza received official warning because of their behavior on the PRL forum.

As for the incident, we can discuss through PM but the outcome so far will be a racing deal... Bot drivers have been deemed at fault in this. Extended stewards panel think it's a racing deal.

Now... Yes Espinoza liking Flanagan posts is unacceptable and he received an official warning. But something everyone need to know before pointing finger at Espinoza is that Flanagan posted a disrespectful reply in this thread right after the race against Espinoza that I HAVE IMMEDIATLY DELETED! So I'm probably the only one who saw it. There are also other things that have happened between drivers privately that I will not expose here.

Both drivers are to blame in this and have received warning.

You guys just need to move on... Let me share an experience that happened to me yesterday... In the GTE series, which is VERY competitive, I've been taken out by another drivers while I managed to qualify P8 when usually I'm qualifying P12-13. After being taken out on the first lap, I was super mad... Did I yelled all over the place? Did I post disrespectful comments? No... Because what would it bring exactly?? I submitted a protest and that's it. It's a game, we are here to have fun, and what's happening right now in this thread is childish and remove the fun of running in a league. So to everyone, be mature and move on!

Status
Not open for further replies.