Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2023 Season 1 Signups now open to all !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2023 Season 1 are now open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 5: Mount Panorama Circuit (Oct. 17th)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Mount Panorama.png

Time of day at session start: Noon
Practice: 2019-11-15 12:00 pm
Qualifying: 2019-11-15 3:00 pm
Race: 2019-11-15 3:15 pm
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview:

1- This week we are headed way across the pond to Australia for "The Mountain" (no, not Hafþór Björnsson from Game of Thrones, he is Icelandic) Bathurst! Do you enjoy this track, and how have your previous experiences been here, heartbreak or success?

2- Historically, we always see the races here be filled with attrition.  Do you think this track will spice it up and we could see some surprise finishes?  

3- Its the halfway point in the season!  Are you happy with how it has gone so far?

TheGreatC81

Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
1) I love the mountain. It's always a challenge to find those extra tenths here, and being consistent while on the limit is very difficult. Last season, I had a DNF here after getting caught up in an incident coming through the downhill section, but I also had some great races in the official series that week, so I know it's possible. I just want to put down a decent consistent pace, and hopefully a good helping of luck with get me to the end.

2) Anything can happen at the Mountain. We're racing against it as much as we are against each other. We really need people to be cautious when a yellow flag comes out. It's very easy for a car to block the entire track. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a pile-up in T18 at some point.

3) I've missed some races and have had some incidents, so it hasn't been great so far. I'm not worried about the championship, but I'd like to have some decent finishes before the end. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming.

ShadowNinjaPug

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2023/S1
Name
Raymond Deux
iRacing ID
1. This is a new track for me and its a difficult one that said, its enjoyable. I feel like its controlled chaos and every time I reach the straight on the downside of the mountain I breath a sigh of relief.

2. I can see how this track can wipe out a lot of the field...I hope we all take it easy on the 1st few laps, space out and finish!

3. I have had some highs and lows but overall I am having a lot of fun. I enjoy this a lot more than the standard iRacing championship races. Its fun racing the same people and also seeing some of them in practice sessions.

CajunGrit

Organizer
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- This week we are headed way across the pond to Australia for "The Mountain" (no, not Hafþór Björnsson from Game of Thrones, he is Icelandic) Bathurst! Do you enjoy this track, and how have your previous experiences been here, heartbreak or success?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I actually really like this track, it’s a total roll of the dice on crashing. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- Historically, we always see the races here be filled with attrition.  Do you think this track will spice it up and we could see some surprise finishes?  [/font]
Chaos is a ladder.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- Its the halfway point in the season!  Are you happy with how it has gone so far?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Nah, not really. I’ve made a little bit of progress from last season but I’m still too far off the pace for my liking. It’s a shame because i enjoy the car. [/font]

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
1. This is an insane track for this car and I'm always pretty show here, but I usually survive so I end up doing ok in most races here.

2. There will be Chaos here guaranteed!

3. So far so good, I've had one bad race but have been ok in the others. I'm a mid packer for life!

TheGreatC81

Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
Anyone have setup tips for dealing with the bumps better? Or a setup they want to share? I think I could be a little quicker but the car gets thrown around so much it get's really sketchy and usually ends badly.

CajunGrit

Organizer
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
TheGreatC81 said:
Anyone have setup tips for dealing with the bumps better? Or a setup they want to share? I think I could be a little quicker but the car gets thrown around so much it get's really sketchy and usually ends badly.

sent you what I've been using on Discord.

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Good racing last night, until I decided to push it a little harder than needed to going up the hill and barely tapped a wall and the night was over.  I am blaming my crew chief (actually the app), it tells me I need 5.9 gallons to finish the race, than 5 laps later tells me we need to ad another 2 gallons, so after making another stop, I decided to out race myself and disaster strikes.

dan

TheGreatC81

Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
My stupid PC crashed towards the end of qual. I got back in just before the start but then didn't have FFB in my wheel. I pitted after the first lap to reset it and got a speeding in the pits penalty. Then I had FFB but my paddles and buttons weren't working, so I just bailed. I didn't want to have something go wacky mid race and take someone else out. I got it all working after but I'd love to know what the hell happened. Pretty frustrating after putting in a decent amount of practice for the race.