Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 5 - Mount Panorama Circuit (July 25)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Mount%20Panorama.png

Time of day: Sunrise
Practice: 5:50 AM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 8:50 AM (in-game time)
Race: 9:05 AM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max. Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview-

1- We make the journey down under now to Australia for Bathurst!  Sure to be another battle of attrition, what is your strategy to survive until the end?

2- iRacing had a bit of a mixup with the 24hr at Spa regarding the incident limit this last weekend, stirring up many opinions.  Do you think the penalties for abusing track limits (like the corner exits at Spa) are fair, or need to be tougher?

3- Not really a question, but lets call it a PSA for this track.  Aside from the dangerous mountain section, the Conrod straight can cause issues as well.  Even with a raised ride height, driving down the center of the back straight will cause you to bottom out quite a bit and cost you a lot of time.  Everyone keep this in mind with drafting, as I am unsure if these bumps could potentially unsettle a car making a move for a pass.

a_espinosa

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Anrdes Espinoza
iRacing ID
1- We make the journey down under now to Australia for Bathurst! Sure to be another battle of attrition, what is your strategy to survive until the end?
Avoid carnage at all cost. Hope for no pile-ups down the hill, close my eyes and full throttle!

2- iRacing had a bit of a mixup with the 24hr at Spa regarding the incident limit this last weekend, stirring up many opinions. Do you think the penalties for abusing track limits (like the corner exits at Spa) are fair or need to be tougher?
I believe limits on every track on the sim should be as close to a real-world track. If there is any advantage, you should get the appropriate penalty.

3- Not really a question, but lets call it a PSA for this track. Aside from the dangerous mountain section, the Conrod straight can cause issues as well. Even with a raised ride height, driving down the center of the back straight will cause you to bottom out quite a bit and cost you a lot of time. Everyone keep this in mind with drafting, as I am unsure if these bumps could potentially unsettle a car making a move for a pass.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
crich88848 said:
 I'll be missing this race along with the next one. I'm sure Erik will finish the next race?!?! 

You have more faith than I do...

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
I may have to miss this one as well but not 100% sure yet.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
1 - Use a safe setup and stay out of trouble! Last week I was pushing too much, will take it easy this week.

2 - In general they are fair, but with track like Spa, it's a bit ridiculous. They need to fix it or rescan the track.

3 - I'll be slow so I won't have problem!

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
1- We make the journey down under now to Australia for Bathurst!  Sure to be another battle of attrition, what is your strategy to survive until the end?
Drive as slow as necessary to keep myself out of the walls!

2- iRacing had a bit of a mixup with the 24hr at Spa regarding the incident limit this last weekend, stirring up many opinions.  Do you think the penalties for abusing track limits (like the corner exits at Spa) are fair, or need to be tougher?
I think it's ridiculous that the winner of our race had over 1000 incidents. The Incident limit can work as they intend it which is to eliminate teams blatantly cheating to gain an advantage. Unfortunately they removed the ability to do that when they screwed up the incident limit TWICE! I feel if they can effectively utilize slow downs like LeMans they would be able to fight the abuse more effectively.

3- Not really a question, but lets call it a PSA for this track.  Aside from the dangerous mountain section, the Conrod straight can cause issues as well.  Even with a raised ride height, driving down the center of the back straight will cause you to bottom out quite a bit and cost you a lot of time.  Everyone keep this in mind with drafting, as I am unsure if these bumps could potentially unsettle a car making a move for a pass.
Thanks for the tip!

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. I'm slow everywhere, so my strategy is always just that... survive lol My setup will be whatever is safest in the mountain, not what's the fastest.

2. I personally think they should be tougher, but that would require making contact/loss of control incident points different than track limit incident points. So then it could be X amount of off tracks would give you a drive thru or something of that nature. The whole Spa deal was just silly though in both directions.

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- We make the journey down under now to Australia for Bathurst!  Sure to be another battle of attrition, what is your strategy to survive until the end?[/font]
Going to use a stable, forgiving setup and pay close attention to my spotter, especially coming down the hill. I did an official race yesterday and was very surprised to find some really good racing with very few incidents. So it can be done!

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- iRacing had a bit of a mixup with the 24hr at Spa regarding the incident limit this last weekend, stirring up many opinions.  Do you think the penalties for abusing track limits (like the corner exits at Spa) are fair, or need to be tougher?[/font]
I've been saying for a while that the off-tracks need to be handled differently. Hanging a tire shouldn't count as an incident. Only crashes or loss of control should be counted. Off-tracks would be better managed with slowdown penalties or drive-throughs. I like the idea of getting a drive-through maybe every 5 off-tracks. It's fair because you get ample warning and opportunity to figure out where the limit is, and it's also safer, since sometimes slowdowns can cause issues when people don't move off the racing line, or they pick a bad spot to serve it. It also eliminates using them for an advantage. But I also think off-tracks should be re-defined as cuts or runouts that give an advantage only. Going off to avoid a wreck should not get you a drive through, or even a warning. *gets down off soapbox*

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- Not really a question, but lets call it a PSA for this track.  Aside from the dangerous mountain section, the Conrod straight can cause issues as well.  Even with a raised ride height, driving down the center of the back straight will cause you to bottom out quite a bit and cost you a lot of time.  Everyone keep this in mind with drafting, as I am unsure if these bumps could potentially unsettle a car making a move for a pass.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Good looking out. Also, this might be obvious but I'll say it anyway. People need to be prepared to stop in the mountain top section. If someone spins they can pretty much block the whole track. Coming down the hill, if you don't slow down when your spotter tells you there's a stopped car, you may not be able to stop by the time you see it. [/font]

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview-

1- We make the journey down under now to Australia for Bathurst! Sure to be another battle of attrition, what is your strategy to survive until the end?

If i survive lap 1, then I’ll be more worried about people passing me than anything.

2- iRacing had a bit of a mixup with the 24hr at Spa regarding the incident limit this last weekend, stirring up many opinions. Do you think the penalties for abusing track limits (like the corner exits at Spa) are fair, or need to be tougher?

I don’t really have an opinion, but the idea of slow down penalties instead of 1x’s sounds logical. But if they do that Id like for them to reconfigure the way slow downs are calculated too.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
1. With Summer time in full swing I'm just not practicing as much as I like, so safe setup for me and hope I can survive.

2. Drive through instead of incidents makes sense. I'm curious, did any of these teams get protested for their abuse?

kart7990

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Holland
iRacing ID
Sorry for the scare Zegers, I hit my brake marker(ish) but there was no grip off the racing line. I forgot track state got cleared and there was no way that was going to work. Very quickly I realized I was in over my head and just tried to sacrifice myself to save you and the train behind us.
David

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Some seasons ago, ran bathurst in Tuesday series. 0x finish.

Tonight, ran bathurst in the F3 with no practice. 1x finish.

Not bad.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
well 12 out of 27 finished, glad I didn't stay up to watch the stream. Amazing how the line I took for the first 4/5 laps worked with no issue, on the 6th it sends me into a wall

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
2 races this season ive now started in the rear, with no qualifying, and they are my 2 best results in the F3 almost getting a top 5  each time  :?:. This should not be happening, and i think it's alarming to say the least. If you can run a few fast laps and qualify well, then you should be able to race in traffic, and design a setup that's good down the stretch. I was running 58 flats in practice on full fuel, and my race pace was 2:01's, taking my time hitting my marks and keeping control of my car, while driving miss Daisy  :lol:. I do this for the fun of it, trying not to be so serious because I've learned it can really take the fun out of it. If we could all just realize where we belong on the grid, and just get in a few laps before we fight so hard with each other, then things could be so much smoother. We all know who our dance partners will be each week during the race, it should get easier, patience patience patience  :D

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Mark Phile said:
2 races this season ive now started in the rear, with no qualifying, and they are my 2 best results in the F3 almost getting a top 5  each time  :?:. This should not be happening, and i think it's alarming to say the least. If you can run a few fast laps and qualify well, then you should be able to race in traffic, and design a setup that's good down the stretch. I was running 58 flats in practice on full fuel, and my race pace was 2:01's, taking my time hitting my marks and keeping control of my car, while driving miss Daisy  :lol:. I do this for the fun of it, trying not to be so serious because I've learned it can really take the fun out of it. If we could all just realize where we belong on the grid, and just get in a few laps before we fight so hard with each other, then things could be so much smoother. We all know who our dance partners will be each week during the race, it should get easier, patience patience patience  :D

I agree, it seems as of lately my dance partner is the devil in the pale moon light