Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 5: Long Beach Street Circuit (Apr 29)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Long%20Beach.png

Race Time of day: 2021-05-01 09:20 1x
Race Length: 36 laps
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited:

ShadowNinjaPug

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Raymond Deux
iRacing ID
Hi All,

I am hosting a Long Beach practice session tomorrow night (Thursday the 22nd) from 8:30 PM ET to 10:30 PM ET. All PRL Thursday night drivers are welcome. No password required, the session name is "PRL Indy Pro 2000"

*The 6:30 PM time shown in the image is my local Mountain Time Zone not ET.

1619020129820.png

Last edited:

mclachlanol

Organizer
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Here you go guys! Love this place, basically my home track. I'm getting high 15s with race fuel, and low 15s in qually.

Likely there will be a few wrecks here, and maybe even a blocked track, or two. It's going to be all about survival, so set your car up to be safe and reliable and don't worry too much about trying to squeeze out an extra tenth during the race. Qualifying however is very important, the further up you are the less likely you will get involved in a blocked track situation, so definitely practice your low fuel runs.

See you guys on Thursday!

Attachments

• LongBeach_O4.sto
    4.9 KB · Views: 15

millenix

Organizer
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
JR Williams
iRacing ID
All, I'm sadly making the call to step down from the Thursday league. Some changes in my personal life and going back on-premise full time at work has reduced my in-sim availability. So I am stepping away from Thursday to only focus on the Monday league.

Hope to see you folks in official races though as I don't plan to stop racing these cars when I have time!

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Hey guys @Indy Pro 2000 Series 2021/S2,

We are going to try something different this week and start qualifying for tomorrows race 15min earlier (8:45est) and have a long 30min qualifying session. The race will still start at the same time 9:15est, and the broadcast will start at 9. This should give everyone plenty of time to get their fast lap in.

Cya guys tomorrow!

dkranes

Premium Member
Name
DANIEL KRANEFUSS
iRacing ID
It's not looking good for me to make tonight's race. Still working, have production push starting at 8, could be done in 30 minutes or it could take several hours. Hoping for the former, planning for the latter.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Sorry guys about that hairpin blockage, my wheel came off and I couldn't find the esc key on the keyboard fast enough

Reactions: TRG

mclachlanol

Organizer
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
That was a fun race for me, spent about 80% of it 0.5sec behind someone so I got a lot of close driving practice which is always exciting.

When you guys get a chance, give us some feedback about the longer qualifying session. Have a good weekend guys and I will catch you all next week!

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Sorry guys about that hairpin blockage, my wheel came off and I couldn't find the esc key on the keyboard fast enough

No worries Dan! Running the AI races prepared me for this exact scenario!!! I was wondering what was going on when i came across the scene.

Threefiver

Premium Member
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
That was a fun race for me, spent about 80% of it 0.5sec behind someone so I got a lot of close driving practice which is always exciting.

When you guys get a chance, give us some feedback about the longer qualifying session. Have a good weekend guys and I will catch you all next week!
Yeah, we were all under a blanket and that was fun. Once we pulled away from Joey enough I decided to just let you go after those other guys...they were dicing hard and I was afraid of getting caught up in it plus I think you were faster than me anyway and with me being AM there was nothing to gain.

I liked it though it was still a bit crowded but that is a streetcourse I guess. I was actually talking to my teammates earlier in the week about wishing iRacing, since they are doing the Indycar thing, would develop a group qualifying format as they do in real life. I don't see how it would be that difficult because it is basically just a heat race.

Thank you all for trying something different

Seca

Name
Brett Acord
iRacing ID
Had a good time. This is one of my favorite tracks. I made a couple mistakes with one resulting in just over a minute in damage plus it didn’t fully repair. My times were way off after that. Without those I think I could have been up with the top 5 AM drivers. I’ll take the top 10 though.

crich88848

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
To this day I have never survived more than the first few laps at this track. Bit of a pile up in the water fountain on the first lap resulted in my front wing missing.

ShadowNinjaPug

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Raymond Deux
iRacing ID

Thanks for the Q change, I think it was helpful for most at this track. Personally, I was a big fan of the solo Q in the LMP2 series.

Shawn Duhamel

Premium Member
Name
Shawn Duhamel
iRacing ID
I had a fun time last night. Definitely got lucky at the fountain. Someone hit me from behind and I got a 4X. No damage to the car, just rattled me.

I also liked the new 30 minute qualifying. Can that become standard for future races?