Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 5: Knoxville Raceway (06 Aug)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Knoxville_Raceway.png
 ​
Sponsored by Over The Wall Photography!

Over_The_Wall_Photography.jpeg
 ​
Time of day: Night
Heat 1: 12 laps
Heat 2: 12 laps
Featured: 25 laps
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-race Interview
1. Knoxville this week! What's your thoughts on this circuit?
2. How many real live races are you attending in a year? Where and what series?
3. What's your thoughts on new damage model ongoing at iRacing?

fotors3

Premium Member
Full Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Pre Race Interview

No idea - I have never raced this track. I still need to buy it.

On average, probably 5-10. I attend 1-2 IndyCar races a year (Gateway and Indy), 1-2 World of Outlaws races (I-55 Pevely), a few late model and modified races (I-55 and Tri-City), NHRA (Gateway), and random races I can find. I might even try to go to Indy for NASCAR next month. Also can't forget that I'll be going to my first Formula Drift event next weekend! 

I wish they would hurry up with it, but I'm afraid it'll affect FPS too badly. 

Rory Collins

Pre-race Interview
love the track. should be pretty racey.

oh heck idk. about 1-2 per week and more during midget and sprint weeks. i do take a week off every once in a blue moon. Was supposed to take this weekend off but im kinda itching to hit the Jack Hewitt race in Ohio. Usually hit races here in Indiana and once a year the wife and I will venture to PA or Ohio sprint weeks for our vacation together. We were gonna hit the Knoxville Nationals this year but those plans got squashed by work stuff.

I also have the fps fear. I don't think it is that important yet as other things like brake fade, tire wear type stuff are a greater need. But then again at least I'm complaining about the order of stuff they are doing instead of why aren't they doing anything. The iRacing team sure seems to stay very busy.

JeffSteward72

Premium Member
re Race Interview

Fast and fun

Past couple years I got to go to about 4 races but this year I've already hit that mark and been out to Williams Grove and went to my first Kings Royal. Went out to Atomic Speedway last night for the Open Wheel Championship. Planning on hitting a race next weekend and for sure going to the Four Crown again this year. So far this year I have seen the World of Outlaws twice once with the USAC series and then the Kings Royal at Eldora. Seen the OVSCA 410 series last night at Atomic with some 305's and I'm not sure what the series was at Williams Grove but it was 410's and 358's.

I'm all for anything that makes the game more realistic but like a few others have said i'm worried about how it will effect the FPS.

Robert Scott

Q1. Knoxville is awesome in game and in real life.  Heading there wednesday for the Nationals.  
Q2. I attend 25 or so races a year. All dirt including late models sprints midgets and flat track motorcycles 
Q3 haven’t researched new damage model much.  I’m sure they are working to improve the product.  

John LaBaff

Premium Member
Full Name
John LaBaff
iRacing ID

Gonna be some tight close side by side racing

Usually attend 4 races all nascar print cup 2 at charlotte 2 at Martinsville

Hoping it gets closer and closer to real life I kow it will never be there in my life time but one can only hope

I wanna send a big thanks to Jeffery for sponsoring this race greatly appreciated and I also wanna thank Jerome for helping us out behind the scene with points and stuff greatly appreciated.

Rory Collins

Just a fyi and I know were just testing but I was checking the results and it has me finishing ahead of Billy in this race and I know he was a good 2-3 car lengths ahead of me at the end.

And it was another fun race. 

Ken Osborne

Pre Race Interview

Knoxville is awesome, as long as I stay off the infield lol

I attend roughly 60 races a year, most of them are dirt, I have only been to a couple nascar races. I work for the ASCoC so obviously I attend all of our races, but then I hit up a lot of Outlaw shows and some local shows when we have a weekend off throughout the season.

More realistic damage sounds great, but like previously mentioned I hope it doesn't hurt the FPS

I would also like to apologize for missing Mondays race at Knoxville. I was with my oldest son at his football practice and it ran over a bit and then by the time I got home it was too late to jump on. Sorry fellas