Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 5: Iowa Speedway / Late Afternoon - Oval (May 14)

PRL-Sammy H

Premium Member

Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Race Length: 135 Laps
Start Type: Rolling
Fuel Amount: 60%
Track State: 25%
Clean Marbles: No
Weather: iRacing Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Late Afternoon

Pre-Race Interview
1. Only 7 points seperate the top 4 (Steven A., Dallas, Markell, and Corey). At this point in the season, who is your pick to win the championship?
2. What are your thoughts on Fernando Alonso's Indy practice last week?
3. Will Danica Patrick ever make it to victory lane, by her own victory in Nascar?

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
1. Only 7 points seperate the top 4 (Steven A., Dallas, Markell, and Corey). At this point in the season, who is your pick to win the championship?
Markell and Dallas are very impressive. As I said in my Charlotte race recap, I had a fun fight against Markell and I was not able to hold him. He is by far one of the best driver I've raced against! Dallas prove last season how good he is so it's not a surprise to see him up there. Regarding Steven and Corey, they are two excellent drivers as well and I think they also deserve a shot on the title. But... I'm pretty sure Jaymes O'Brien still got a chance!

He better win it! I'm very happy to see him on track on board of an Indy Car. Maybe he will ended up there after F1, who knows!? But the Indy 500 is an extremely hard race and anyone on the grid can win it. 

3. Will Danica Patrick ever make it to victory lane, by her own victory in Nascar?
I don't really know her, but obviously, she's not there because of her skills. She got good sponsor and as the only women in Nascar, she got a very good exposure. So will Danica Patrick ever make it to victory lane... no.

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Full Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
1. Not picking favorites but those guys separated by such a low margin should prove to be a great batle.

2. Pretty neat. Didnt get to see much of it but I saw where he killed I think two birds on his out lap lol.

3. WOAH! Jerome throwing heat Danica's way lol. I think it's gonna take a storm to let her win. Better cars, better feedback and probably a plate track or maybe a road course or short track for her to pick one up. I'm not really a fan of hers but I try to give her more credit than most of the internet world is. Although she is absolutely there because she can draw sponsorship I think she has enough talent to pull some good finishes together if she plays her cards right.

I personally think she needed more time in Xfinity because she only had 1 full time season in that and some scattered starts before that year. So I don't think she was fully prepared for stock cars but maybe I'm being too lenient.

RangerPhenix

Premium Member
1. Well hopefully me, although it won't be easy.
2. It was nice to see something finally be a success in his recent racing years, he deserves to win the 500 and more in F1.
3. I'm really not a big fan of her, but given how she's performed with the equipment she has I don't see a win coming anytime soon if ever.

Eric Roberts

Premium Member
1. Only 7 points separate the top 4 (Steven A., Dallas, Markell, and Corey). At this point in the season, who is your pick to win the championship?
I think it might be a little early for picking a winner, but I am saying someone not on the list will win the championship.

I have to apologize as I do not know who this is :oops:

It would be great to see she seems to be running better but, I would not hold my breath.

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member

If I have to pick one of the four, I would go with Steven A. He is consistent and in the end I think that will pay dividends. But aside from that I think someone driving the lone Ford in the top 8 could win.

Huh?

Only when she congratulates one of her teammates for winning. But her finishing first? LOL. A top 15 would be a WIN for her. No disrespect really, as she is in the big show, but she certainly is no where near a talent at all. She would not have a ride if she wasn't a female.

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
Just a suggestion.  Instead of hot lapping for 2 hours prior to the race, and then for the 20 min just prior to qualifying....how bout running some clean laps.  Its obviously only a few guys had even a clue on how to race here.  It's pretty pathetic that by lap 100 we still have guys spinning out.  Move your brake bias forward, Slow down going in, ease on to the throttle.  The league has some fast guys but the racecraft is just short of comical.
Here is my suggestion to help clean this up.....and it works in other leagues im in....
When setting up the race make a 2 hour practice (like we have seperate) then Q then Race.  Sometime during that 2 hour practice make it mandatory on 1.5 mile tracks they run 15 laps incident free in a row at some point....on tracks smaller make them run 25 continuous laps incident free.  If you dont get those continuous laps you dont race.  Period.  This hotlapping crap isnt practice....they crash on every turn in practice then do it in the race....except there it counts.
Trust me...THAT up there will clean up the racing.  Ridiculous.
Fast without racecraft is useless.
And take the incidents to DQ off too.  I was DQ and was hit 3 times.  Do the above suggestion and we will have a league again where we can get some green flag laps in without having to resort to brain dead tracks that drive themselves.
This isnt me venting, this is me offering a suggestion to the league so that we can clean this up.  STOP HOTLAPPING.  I know many of you will agree and feel free to do so....

MikeTaylor

Ik I'm the new kid here but I kinda like that idea.... Unfortunately ill be one that gets booted 😂😂 but it would help some. The 2 of my 3 spins tonight where just braking too hard to miss a crash and the third was everyone checked up quicker then usual and I hit the brakes to avoid hitting anyone and hit the wall.. But that suggestio Will help. However how can we monitor 26 drivers running laps? 

Jeffery Ford

Premium Member
MikeTaylor said:
Ik I'm the new kid here but I kinda like that idea.... Unfortunately ill be one that gets booted 😂😂 but it would help some. The 2 of my 3 spins tonight where just braking too hard to miss a crash and the third was everyone checked up quicker then usual and I hit the brakes to avoid hitting anyone and hit the wall.. But that suggestio Will help. However how can we monitor 26 drivers running laps? 

Easy.  The other leagues do it. Soon as the driver says he completed the run a race admin verifies by looking at laptines.  Pretty easy. 

If a driver doesn't speak up when he completes it he diesnt race.  Works well and guys take extra precaution not to hit wall or spin and actually learn the track. This hotlapping BS is stupid. 

soupflakes

Premium Member
Good and tough race tonight everyone. Was maybe a couple too many wrecks, but we had some good longer runs mixed in. I watched the broadcast and it looks pretty dang good. Main issue was people getting loose, I did as well and bumped Craig into the wall (Sorry about that)

I don't remember Iowa being so slippery...

I can't WAIT for Talladega!!!

Eric Roberts

Premium Member
Wanted to apologize to Corey I came down a little, and made some contact which ended my day with a DQ.
Good racing out side of that on to Tally

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Good idea Jeffery and we will surely talk about it.

Just so you know guys, the management team in addition of some other members will meet soon to discuss about the future of this series. We really need to have better race... Unacceptable to see too much spin like that. We will change talk about rules change and we will also talk about even changing the car back to the truck series.

This actual season will probably remain like it is now, but we will surely make changes again for Season 7.

We are offering free place to race where it's broadcasted live on iRacing Live, so we can't tolerate to have unprofessional driving like that. 10 safety car in a race is wayyy too much...

MikeTaylor

I agree. I've honestly had better runs in the trucks with fixed sets then I do in the b cars. Like u said, we are running live on iracing.com. Any one interested in trying this out will see that and they will be like uhhh no. And move on. We are representing not only this league but iracing at this point. We have to stop and find out what's best for both.

Junkyardspecial

Premium Member
Full Name
Jaymes Peter O'Brien
iRacing ID
My race was ruined after being stuck on pit road during an unlucky caution.

Steven and I had easily the fastest pace during the race so far.

Spinning during the later stages of the race happen though, You drive harder, and put yourself in situations that you wouldnt normally to try and gain points.

I made a rare mistake, but still feel bad about ruining Jasons race as well.

The cars do need some tweaking I think. The fixed sets dont work well sometimes and can be a huge challenge to hang on to the car even for the most experienced drivers.

Junkyardspecial

Premium Member
Full Name
Jaymes Peter O'Brien
iRacing ID
Its not any one thing, The problem could be the weather or a small tweak in a setup will help it.

Iowa is known for lots of cautions thats just its nature. but the track was very slick.

They will be changing the dynamics of the cars soon so It might best to wait and see how they feel.

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Hi

I agree about those iRacing fixed setup.  Seems that they made them always loose.  Iowa in a day session is a very hard track to drive.  Don't think that if we had raced in trucks, that there would have been less cautions.  Don't forget that trucks are usually looser than the B car.  B car has more downforce.   It seems that this is always happening on less than a mile track.  We had the same situation last season.

bige3dalejr88

Premium Member
I have never done this before, but I'm going to go on a little vent.
 We will discuss how to fix the racing in this league this week. We will take all suggestions and discuss all options.
But I've heard every week, from multiple drivers that this needs to be changed, we need to have the same weather, and that's stupid idea, or they don't know what to do. And so on, and so forth. I agree that open setups will probably help out a lot. Everyone has different driving styles and that's a given. Dallas and me had a discussion during the practice on Sunday with the VERY FEW that even showed up. Seems to be the same few people every week that even bother to show up and turn laps. Dallas and me both agreed that we would push for open setups next season. Maybe not for every race, but it's something we've been talking about.
I've seen many people in this series, not even bother showing up for practice until it's almost time for the league session to open. The other practices that I've attended during the week are the same way. We give everyone a chance to get laps in, and yet few do. I'm not any better at showing up to the week day sessions we host, but I'm there for the full 2 hours of the Sunday practice. And that's on top of the little bit of practice I do 2 times a week for about 25 minutes before I go to sleep. This week for example, there was only 10 people in the session until 30 minutes before the league session opens.