Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 5: Great Britain - Silverstone Circuit (31May17 @ 8pm BST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member

Harvey12

I guess I will be here, but if anything changes (as I have school-leaving exams since Monday to Friday:D) Ill let you know in advance not in the last minutes. ;)

SamsterHam

Hi all, is anyone planning on hosting a practice session tonight at 7ish? If not I'd be happy to host one as I'd like to see how good my chances are at my home race! Looking forward to seeing you guys later! :)

ENiGMA

My After Action Report :
I decided I was gonna do a one-stop, so I qualified on the mediums. I did a 1:32:002, so a solid time, but could have done better – I was doing mid to late 1:31's on mediums in practice. I qualified at p10, which I was a bit annoyed at, as I would have rather taken the fresh tyres at p11.

Sala slammed into the back of me, so I had to sit on the grid for the formation lap :|

I had a decent start – no incidents and no places lost, in fact I think I gained one or two positions. I underfueled my car with 3 laps, so started at -3 fuel. I was thinking that I could run on standard for the entire race, and I'd have enough fuel for the end of the race, but the fuel was saving really slowly, so I had to run on lean for a bit. The first part of the race was decent, I had a couple of overtakes, but nothing special.

At the second half of the race I was suprised to see that my teammate, who had also qualified on mediums, went on the softs. After the race he told me that he had intended to do a one-stop but he forgot to pick hards :oops:. Anyways, I pitted on lap 11. I had 71% tyre wear. The mid race was quite dull for me, as I didn't really have any action, save for saving my tyres and a bit of fuel management. Roundabout lap 15 I was getting really nervous as I saw that dark clouds had started to gather around the track.

The last part of the race was also quite dull, save for the last laps when Millix and PhilFPS caught up to me. I tried to fight, but had to save my tyres so I couldn't really fight them to hard. I finished the race at 75% tyre wear, so I managed my tyres perfectly. I finished the race at p3, so I gained 7 positions, so all in all - a good race for me  :D

CrystalCatcha

Samsterham, Phil usually hosts one about then, if not I'm usually on with my team mate so we'll invite you in the future.

Well, that was again quite a frustrating race for the second time in a row, after not expecting much from my practice pace I qualified 9th, had a great start moving up into 6th until near the end of lap 1 I got spun by Samster. (No hard feelings, although it did seem a bit over ambitious haha :p I heard you apologise I just couldn't push my hotkey to respond). Then I was 18th starting lap 2, made my way back through the grid and catching my teammate Veoxic in around 9th until around the time he passed Aiden, who went off track and returned to track on the racing line.....as I was coming round the corner with a lot of pace so had to brake to avoid causing him and myself damage.... (I must say it's not the first time I've had to try and avoid your car Aiden haha) and lost another 2 spaces because of it. From there on in I was just playing catch up again and the race was virtually over. Disappointed to get the 2nd non-point scoring finish of this season, coming 12th, especially with the pace I had on lap 1, but looking forward to Canada.

Well done to Millix for winning!

jetzekoper

I went for the two-stop , S-M-H. My qualifying was ok, but i could have been 3 tenths faster. So i ended up on the seventh position.

I had a great start by overtaking EstCube and Yarmolenko, but unfortunately i pushed so hard i had to pit in the fourth lap, which gave me a tire disadvantage for the rest of the race, so i was unable to fight because of my tirewear. So at the end, i think it was an Ok race for me because the tirewear for me in Silverstone is really bad and 9th out of 21 isn't bad at all, especially for one of my worst tracks :)

Harvey12

another tragic race for me, would be last if nemesis(?) didnt retire..i just cant figure it out why i cant compete with you, when I played F1 2014 on controller, or wheel, i was always fast, always competed with AI, had good lap times that would allow me to compete with you, but in 2016, i just cant compete with anyone in multiplayer, career mode is fine, it made me think of joining online league as I thought I will provide a competition, but the time trials and multiplayer, I just dont understand and dont know what to do, maybe I set up the wheel wrongly, but lol I dont know how to set it up any differently, I am using enough of assists that all I have to do is push pedals and turn the wheel :D and yet, you guys have 6 seconds faster laps than me and the first 10 of you outlap me 2-3 times, its just..being that uncompetitive takes the whole fun out of the racing, ill try to do some changes (even though I dont know what changes) and see how I will end up in the next race, but if its gonna be like that Ill just let someone else to takeover my "seat" and maybe rejoin in F1 2017, thanks for the race though, had fun in the first lap and you all are funny guys so you made my evening better, see you next week.

ENiGMA

My advice would be to start practicing running without assists :p. You will drive faster without assists - even though in this game, the assist to no assist gap is lower than previous games, you will still go faster with using no assists. This is basically how I did it :

Full assist -> no brake assists -> medium tc -> brake lock off -> Manual/assisted gear change -> no traction

I'm still practicing going without the racing line :p. Anyways, I'd say to just keep at it, and you'll eventually get it.

Xaidenb29

CrystalCatcha said:
Samsterham, Phil usually hosts one about then, if not I'm usually on with my team mate so we'll invite you in the future.

Well, that was again quite a frustrating race for the second time in a row, after not expecting much from my practice pace I qualified 9th, had a great start moving up into 6th until near the end of lap 1 I got spun by Samster. (No hard feelings, although it did seem a bit over ambitious haha :p I heard you apologise I just couldn't push my hotkey to respond). Then I was 18th starting lap 2, made my way back through the grid and catching my teammate Veoxic in around 9th until around the time he passed Aiden, who went off track and returned to track on the racing line.....as I was coming round the corner with a lot of pace so had to brake to avoid causing him and myself damage.... (I must say it's not the first time I've had to try and avoid your car Aiden haha) and lost another 2 spaces because of it. From there on in I was just playing catch up again and the race was virtually over. Disappointed to get the 2nd non-point scoring finish of this season, coming 12th, especially with the pace I had on lap 1, but looking forward to Canada.

Well done to Millix for winning!

Well I'm sorry to hear that crystal and sorry it affected you. 
Anyway as for my race I had a good first lap to it cleanly but in the last corner ztikes divebombed and caused a crash with crystal which got me invloved unfortunately then I regained a few positions sala then decided to go for a gap that wasn't there and forced me wide at the last corner giving me front wing damage and two places lost but then pitted and it was straightforward from there and I came home for a point 

CrystalCatcha

No hard feelings as I said before Aiden :) I thought it was Samster who divebombed me cause he said sorry over chat but i guess it must have been ztikes haha. Bring on Canada!!

Veoxic

Accidentally clicked quit instead of retire so had to rejoin just before the race. I couldn't get back in my car until after lights out. The AI didn't even move my car off the start so when I got in and got going I was already down to 13th from 5th. The midfield battle was intense the first couple of laps and really enjoyed fighting through the field. Unfortunately when I wanted to pass yarm I was side to side with him into a corner and he misjudged how much space was left. No hard feelings. Just a pure incident. At least I didnt get any damage since it was a wheel to wheel bump that send me onto the grass. That made me lose 6 positions and I was back in 14th. From there I raced with fury and did solid times over and over with no mistakes. By the time my pitstop came at lap 18 for my stint on mediums I was back in 9th with 2 cars ahead of me on hards. Didn't take long to fight past them since they went ss m h where as I did my middle stint on hards and had much fresher and softer tires. So yeah all in all ended in 7th. Got a few points. Think I could have competed top 5 since my pace during the race matched theirs but made the mistake of missclicking :p

yarmolenko9

Suddenly a good race turned out for me, although in the UK it never shone)
Excellent qualification - 4 th place, then a good start without losing positions. At the end of the first round I rolled back to 6th place.
On the second lap just a little did not calculate the distance and encountered McLaren Veoxic, I ask for this forgiveness ...
Next was a great and intense fight with the driver Red Bull jetzekoper
On the 23rd round I went around McLaren Veoxic, who competently beat me on tactics. I just could not do anything on a hard set of tires against softer tires.
Congratulations to the winner and wait for Canada!)
[youtube]Wza5tV2lq_s[/youtube]​

SamsterHam

CrystalCatcha said:
No hard feelings as I said before Aiden :) I thought it was Samster who divebombed me cause he said sorry over chat but i guess it must have been ztikes haha. Bring on Canada!!

Nah it was me who divebombed you Crystal. Didn't mean to, was trying to hold postion on the inside of Aiden but because he was on the right I just missed my braking zone. Tried to avoid but there wasn't anyway I could've done it without taking out Aiden in the proccess.

After that though I got a bit of damage and was hanging around roughly where Harvey was (I think) but making mistakes because of the wing and couldn't gain any time back on you guys in front. Unfortunately when I came to pit my teammate came in and I had to do another lap by which time I'd lost so much time because of the shot tyres that I didn't think it was worth it to stay out as I'd only have a chance at a couple of places and it wouldn't be very interesting so I decided to go say hi to Glenn instead!

Good to watch the rest of you race though, especially the battle in the last few laps between Millix and Phil. I assume Millix had worn tyres on considering the amount of grip he seemed to be losing but it definitely made for an exciting race from where we were sitting! All in all, shame this was the race I retired on as I'd done the most practice of all season on it but hey, qualified horribly anyway so I doubt anything too exciting could've happened! See all you guys next week and apologies to Crystal for the bomb :?

Scintillic

I enjoyed one of my better races yesterday at Silverstone :D. Was a bit slower than Millix on my quali lap (was up 4 tenths on my lap but a mistake on the last corner cost me p2). I had a great start and was up to p2 after turn 2 and thus an eventful first stint began. I had a great time battling in a three-way fight for p1, with some nice moves and defending before I pit on lap 5 for the hard tires (I wanted to undercut). However this did not pay off as I was still sat behind Phil and Millix and gradually lost touch to the leading pack. ENiGMA jumped me with a 1 stop (props to him for making that work) and I had the other Haas of Ian pressuring me from behind. In the end I kept my composure and stayed in front of him whilst gaining significantly on ENiGMA, but the gap was still 3s if I only would have had another lap I think I could have caught the bastard xD.

Anyway thanks for all the battles in the top 3 that did not result in any crashes, the entertaining race that followed and a final well done for Millix and my teammate JetzeKoper for getting us the double points finish :D

kxz

Silverstone is not My favorite track. My qualify Wasatrafik good When i tried to go for the last lap i pushen to hard and got of the track. I got a good launch and drove slog behind a sauber then he braked no contact there, but someone ran into me from behind and i wars in the wall. And ofcoruce broke my front wing for the second time. At lap 22 i kost my back end and smashed into the wall. I have My wheel for the next race i hope that i dont destroy my front wing again