Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 5: Eldora Speedway (18 Jul)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Eldora_Speedway.png
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Night
Laps: 75
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race Interview
1. This is the first time we are running at Eldora at PRL! What are your thoughts on this circuit?
2. Do you prefer night or day race? Why?
3. What is your favorite racing movie?

ColtonLayne

Premium Member
Full Name
Colton Layne
iRacing ID
1. My body is not ready for the carnage.

2. I like a bit of both. Gotta mix it up.

3. I've not watched too many but either the ESPN 60 for 60 on Tim Richmond or Rush.

ahunter27t

Premium Member
Full Name
Austin Hunter
iRacing ID
1.i have been trying to practice. i am awful here. i have been considering using it as a drop.
2. i like the night as it makes it more realistic as most dirt races are ran at night.
3. not sure. does talladega nights count?

Paul48

Premium Member
Full Name
Thomas Sink
iRacing ID
1. Eldora going to be a blast! If we can get going and run green laps.
2. I'm with Colton, a mix of both is about right.
3. Day's of Thunder! I love them old Lumina's in the film. Wish iRacing would do some nostalgia NASCAR vehicle's.

fotors3

Premium Member
Full Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Pre-race Interview

1. This is the first time we are running at Eldora at PRL! What are your thoughts on this circuit?

Eldora has a lot of history and prestige to it. To be able to run it on the best sim in the world is a great opportunity. 

I prefer night racing. Race cars look great at night under the lights and the track conditions are more favorable. 

Probably 3 - The movie about Dale Earnhardt's life. I thought it was well done. 

Also guys, I am super excited to announce that I'll be running a special scheme at Eldora! I decided to treat this as a throwback to my favorite driver Kevin Harvick's beginnings in NASCAR. The Spears #75 scheme is what he ran in 1997 and 1998 in Winston West and the truck series, winning the 1998 west title. I thought this was appropriate to design and run for this race for 2 reasons. One - humble beginnings (dirt + small teams that Harvick ran for) and 2 - the Eldora Dirt Derby is a unique event as it's the ONLY dirt track on any of the top 3 NASCAR series schedules. I really hope we can see an Xfinity or Cup race there one day.

R5_Eldora_Scheme_Preview.jpg

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Love the track, but I am struggling so far in the trucks

Day, the heat and wire wear seem to fit my style a little better I feel.

Senna was a great doc. Talladega Nights is a guilty pleasure.

L33iZzle

I love Eldora. Eldora the track, running Eldora. I've yet to find the nack for dirt, but I have been prepping for this so hopefully I can be pretty decent in my first outing.
It does not bother me one way or the other. Night time, the trucks have more grip and tend to "stick" to the track more and seem o really like being a one groove track no matter where you go, where as during the daytime you have multiple lines and options on how to run the track. So if I had to choose, I'd say day.
It'd have to probably be Senna, 3 (the Dale Sr. movie) or Rush. Rush according to Niki Lauda who the movie is partly about is only 80% correct, however, the movie is absolutely fantastic and gives you and idea what went on at that time between Lauda and Hunt.

Rob H

Premium Member
Full Name
Rob Haynes
iRacing ID

Only a handful of serious runs at Eldora. It's Dirt: I like Dirt.

Don't think I've raced Eldora enough to say which I'd prefer but I'm thinking night for grip^^^ as said above.

I'm going to say CannonBall Run.

Good Luck tonight guys.

fotors3

Premium Member
Full Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Guys that was so much fun. Would have loved to be in control just a bit more but a pole plus 5th? I'll take it. Great racing everyone! I'll do points after the Dirt Derby is over.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
It was fun. It was just very aggravating for me because I got engine damage from an X2 when someone bounced off the wall, yet guys with X18 and X22 didn't have any significant damage and were still faster than me. Oh well.

Gratz to Jobes on the win. Amazing ending to the race.