Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 2 Signups are open !

GT3 Sportscar Series is now full but we still have room in the Tuesday LMP2/GTE Sportscar Series for our sportscar enthusiasts.

For our NASCAR Drivers, we have a few more spots in the Sunday Cup Series and the Wednesday Truck Series is closed.

Our open wheel Indy Pro 2000 series also has a few spots left for Season 2.

Round 5: Donington Park Racing Circuit - National (18 Oct)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
 ​
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD

[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​

Time of day: Afternoon
Race Length: 30 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. fuel: 100%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 1

Pre-Race Interview
1. Lots of battles last week at Monza. Do you prefer a race where you build a gap and maintain, or a race where you get to battle back and forth?
2. This week we are at Donington - a circuit well suited to the Skippy. What do you like/dislike about this track?
3. If you had to pick a rival driver in this series, who would it be? Yes, you are free to call out your nemesis here!!

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-Race Interview
1. Lots of battles last week at Monza. Do you prefer a race where you build a gap and maintain, or a race where you get to battle back and forth?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Battles are always a ton of fun. Not always good for finishing position, but don't we race for the battles? If I wanted to win I would just play an F1 game on easy mode, or race in the 2k cup  :lol: :lol:  But seriously, I will happily go wheel to wheel for an entire lap with nearly anyone here. It's why I like league racing so much. [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
2. This week we are at Donington - a circuit well suited to the Skippy. What do you like/dislike about this track?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]It has a real nice flow for this car.  Not a draft track by any means, might be tougher to pass but that's ok. I am happy we are running the National config, I'm not a fan of those last 2 hairpins. [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
3. If you had to pick a rival driver in this series, who would it be? Yes, you are free to call out your nemesis here!![/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Gotta be Paul if I'm picking one! Him and I always seem to be beside each other after qualifying and (sometimes) with the same race pace. We went wheel to wheel for half a lap last season at Belle Isle with P2 in the championship on the line! If that doesn't create a rivalry not much will. Hopefully some of Owens fantastic luck this season gets to his teammate too. :twisted: [/font]

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Full Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. Lots of battles last week at Monza. Do you prefer a race where you build a gap and maintain, or a race where you get to battle back and forth?

Plead the 5th on this one... I def enjoyed the battle at the end of the race last week with Richie.

2. This week we are at Donington - a circuit well suited to the Skippy. What do you like/dislike about this track?

I love the run out of turn 8 into the 9-10 combo. Best passing opportunity. 1 is also good. I believe Matt and myself went side by side for most of the race here last season pre-season so I do think this has a lot of potential for good battles.

3. If you had to pick a rival driver in this series, who would it be? Yes, you are free to call out your nemesis here!!

Owen... Jk I think it is a very obvious choice. Gunner. Problem is we also work well together so it is this weird love hate relationship that works. I love to wreck him and hate when he wrecks himself. #dontinsideinvegas

Another guy that is a blast to race against, not necessarily a rival, Dany. I seem to always find him at one point or another on the track. Seems like that racing has gone on for 3 or 4 seasons.

Gunner

Organizer
Full Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Some of these tracks, I just don't like driving in the hot conditions. Just did a very brief test and had a track temp of 42C, felt like driving on ice. Gonna be a rough one.

DeamingPie

Organizer
Full Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID

There are different challenges with both. While I enjoy the battles in the Skippy more than the GTE (simply because there are more of them), I also enjoy trying to maintain a gap. Both require different levels of concentration. My only complaint is some people need to learn how to work together. The gap to the front runners, especially on tracks like Monza, can be smaller if people wouldn't treat every corner as a passing opportunity. The more you battle, the more you slow down.

Fun flowing track. Unfortunately this layout will be challenging to pass as there are no hard brake zones.

Overbay, hands down. That baw bag always seems to find a way to go faster then me. I throw down a time and he has to beat it. That in turn means I have to beat it (phrasing?). It's a never ending swap and one day I will be victorious and do back flips while wearing a kilt and free balling it. I will then send him the video every day for 6 months. Then when he thinks it's over I will send him a 60"x120" autographed poster mid flip.

SuperHawk

Premium Member
1) I like both. As each has it's plusses and minuses.

2) I think this layout it will be more difficult to make passes without losing time. Also will require alot of give and take so that you don't run people off track and cause incidents.

3) I would probably say Erik, but in order for it to be a rivalry I think it needs to be more competitive. I mean watching Erik go around the track is like watching a snail trying to beat a Cheetah. Sometimes I feel so bad for him, that I just let up and help him along with the draft. :) Maybe I should let him beat me every now and again just so he continues to run with me in the LMP1. Plus, I'm sure Jefferson would love to see that free balling video. He can send you his video with the pink tights!

Love ya Brother!

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview

Battles all the way! If i wanted to run hot laps by myself I’d just jump in a test session.

It’s been a minute since I’ve run Donnington. But i just watched a track walk through and it looks like it’ll be a lot of fun!

Tyler’s always been the guy I’m looking to beat. We have similar pace, so it usually comes down to who can keep it on track and not crack like an egg. But this season has also brought in a few other guys around our speed. I also really like racing against McKnight. I believe he’s a fair bit faster than me, but he’s not too pushy so if i can manage to get ahead I’m comfortable battling with him. There’s also the Gritz, who’s sort of the flip side of McKnight. He’s got a more aggressive style, so seeing him in my mirrors always gets the heart rate up! Barnett is also fun to race against, he’s picked up his pace this season and I’m hoping to catch him on track more. I also miss Unsbee. I’m not sure if he’s still running in the league, but he’s also a fun aggressive guy to tangle with. And last but not least is my team mate Chris. It’s been really interesting to see how his speed stacks up against my consistency. I don’t battle him on track and I’m always rooting for him to finish as high up as possible, but we’ve got a nice little Tortoise vs the Hare situation going on.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
I like that I get your heart rate up. Means I can push you into a mistake which I prefer but I welcome all close battles. Am I too aggressive? I try to be as clean as I can.

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
I prefer to race where I get to battle back and forth, but Monza was boring. Monza is a draft race so as soon as you get our of a pack, your race is screw.

I like this circuit and I prefer National than GP. I don't like the last two hairpin of the GP version.

At the beginning of the season, I was more close to Matt Gunderson, but the last two races, I've been battling with Chris Gritsko. I think my pace is better than the results I get on the last two races, so this is why I can't say who is my main rival :p

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
DEADZERO said:
I like that I get your heart rate up. Means I can push you into a mistake which I prefer but I welcome all close battles. Am I too aggressive? I try to be as clean as I can.

I think aggressiveness is a spectrum and we all have our own place on it.  What’s “too” aggressive is all relative to the two people racing. As long as you’re racing to the best of your ability i don’t think it can really be held against you (unless you’re blatantly breaking the rules).  It’s what makes racing against real people so exciting!  The psychological side of racing is a big part of keeping yourself out of trouble.  Pretty much every accident I’ve gotten into was because i misjudged how willing the other guy would be to get in a wreck. 

TRG

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview
I love the battles. Hotlapping is boring.

Good track. Glad we are running the National.

1. Hebert since he joined. We've had a blast, but I absolutely love beating him. 
2. The Grits. Him and I have gotten into it quite well so far. Looking forward to more tusslin'! 
3. Kevin McKnight - I had to defend all damn race at Mid-O. Fun, fair racing. 
4. Owen McLachlan - worlds nicest guy. I try to get him fired up, but just can't. We are going to make him an honorary Canadian for his apology skills.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1) depends on if I trust the guys I am racing with, league wise I prefer close battle.  In the opens I tend to try to open a gap or leave a gap unless I recognize the drivers names that are close to me than it is on.
2) never really could get the feel for this track, I love the layout but I can never get turns 4,7, and 8 to work for me.
3) no real rivals, I pick a car/driver 2-3 spots ahead of me and try to stay with them, and that person changes week to week.

dan

DEADZERO

Premium Member
I have not purchased this track or gotten the chance to practice and because it's my birthday (tomorrow) week, I will be missing this weeks race.

crich88848

Premium Member
Full Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Back and forth definitely, love the adrenaline and the racing is all about the battle.

It's Donington.... not a fan of it in the skip.

I am my own worst enemy. There is a certain person new this season whos driving style irritates the living crap out of me, but for civilities sake I will not put them on blast. I think Paul and I are similarly fast, although he seems to have slowed down a bit this season. So any race that I'm hanging with him I feel like I'm in ok shape. When I make a mistake I always end up battling my teammate, the tortoise. A little slower than me but stupid consistent. I'm really trying to learn something from his driving that I seem to be missing.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Full Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
Happy B'day man, first dance at Mint's (if even still open) is on Jerome. :lol:

shawnkenning

I like battles. Much easier to keep focus than just hotlapping trying to keep a gap.

Just turned about 10 laps during lunch. Seems like it would be better to run the full track to get some hard braking zones in for passing. It really pays off to have the perfect exit line/get WOT timed perfectly which is where I think I struggle the most.

I've had some good battles with Chris Grits. Hope to get in some good scrapes tonight and stay clean.