Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 5: Daytona International Speedway - Road (29 Jan)

Would you like to see the PRL Tuesday league add the BoP mid-season?*

• Yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Daytona International Speedway - Road Course.png

Time of Day: Afternoon
Race Length: 60 minutes
Max Incidents: 30
Max. Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Kirru

Premium Member
Name
Cory
iRacing ID
There is a possibility I will be out of town for work for this race. I am supposed to be flying back in on Tuesday. Hope to be here for it.

EDIT: I will be racing.

athacker

Name
*PRE-RACE COMMUNITY QUESTIONS*

1). What a wild Daytona weekend at the real track! Did you watch?
2). We are at Daytona Tuesday, too! And, it's a 60 minute race. Did you remember to pack extra fuel & snacks?
3). COMMUNITY FEEDBACK: We have become aware that recent iRacing GTE BoP was not applied to leagues and must be manually added. Would you like to see the PRL Tuesday league add the BoP mid-season?*

*50% OF ENTRANTS (18) MUST VOTE IN ORDER FOR ACTION TO BE CONSIDERED. ONE DRIVER = ONE VOTE. VOTING CLOSES 1/31/19 22:00 EST.

deadguy79

Name
Yes and rebuilt an engine.
2). We are at Daytona Tuesday, too! And, it's a 60 minute race. Did you remember to pack extra fuel & snacks?
Only extra uppers.
3). COMMUNITY FEEDBACK: We have become aware that recent iRacing GTE BoP was not applied to leagues and must be manually added. Would you like to see the PRL Tuesday league add the BoP mid-season?*
No.

Ozymandias

Organizer
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
3.- Since each driver chose his car prior to the change of BoP and that by regulation the chosen car can not be changed, my vote is that the new BoP has not been applied (NO).

....also, Carl is already the fastest enough without the change of BoP  :eek:

C_Valenzuela

Name
Yep, lot of action and seeing Alonso making history was great.

I'm going for my Andes Mints :p

3). COMMUNITY FEEDBACK: We have become aware that recent iRacing GTE BoP was not applied to leagues and must be manually added. Would you like to see the PRL Tuesday league add the BoP mid-season?*
I don't like changes in between the season, my vote is NO.

A

Anonymous

I may not make the race tonight due to a prior engagement - it depends on the efficiency of the NYC subway. So I probably won't make the race tonight.

Regarding BoP - if you're not allowed to change car mid-season then you shouldn't implement BoP changes mid-season.

Fmontini

Name
Francisco Montini
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3) my vote is that the new BoP has not been applied (NO).[/font]

Kirru

Premium Member
Name
Cory
iRacing ID
I watched the last 3 hours in my hotel room while freezing in Minnesota... too bad it didn't go the full race with the weather issue. Still a good running either way.

2). We are at Daytona Tuesday, too! And, it's a 60-minute race. Did you remember to pack extra fuel & snacks?
This should be stressful. No snacks. Maybe a little extra fuel. Just got off the plane a few hours ago so this should be a blast.

3). COMMUNITY FEEDBACK: We have become aware that recent iRacing GTE BoP was not applied to leagues and must be manually added. Would you like to see the PRL Tuesday league add the BoP mid-season?
Since we follow iRacing's official schedule (with the exception of this season) and this is based on the official series, then I believe we should change BoP... not that it is going to help, or hurt, me in any way.

Hotwir3

Name
Tyler DeZubay
iRacing ID
Sorry Denayer.  Didn't think anyone got around the spin on the outside of lap 1 turn 1 so I thought I was all clear to the right.  I swear my crew chief said "clear right" as well.  We probably would've had another great battle.

With that said, definitely the least-disappointed I was with getting knocked out of a race.  I'm just so tired of Daytona.  Practicing Daytona 24, Roar before the 24, more practicing Daytona 24, driving the actual Daytona 24, then a whole week of IMSA at Daytona...I'm okay not seeing that track again until January next year.

Kirru

Premium Member
Name
Cory
iRacing ID
Tired of Daytona too. Besides the fact it kills my frame rate in VR- it's really boring to drive.. Unfortunately it's on the schedule for next season too :/

Disappointed with the start but stuff happens. I Wish i could have finishes but I think that little damage I got messed the aero of the car and made it super loose. Fought it the whope race until it won with 5 min to go.. Ugh. Oh well. Have fun battling it out with Aaron and Cristobal.

athacker

Name
*FULL PRE-RACE ANNOUNCEMENTS*

Good evening PRL Tuesday series racers! Welcome to Daytona International Speedway for Round 5 where many of you spent 24 hours driving a few weekends ago and know you're thrilled to see it again. Tonight we have 60-minute race instead of the usual 45 minutes. I hope you planned an extra bathroom break before the green and packed an extra snack. You may need it. 

Only one announcement this week. The PRL Management team has been made aware the GTE BoP released by iRacing this month *was not* applied to leagues and it must be manually applied. There is currently a pole in this weeks forum asking if you would like to see the BoP added mid-season. 50% (or 18 drivers) are required for a decision to be considered. Not enough people vote, nothing happens. Simple! 

That's all for now. Any questions or comments before qualifying? 

As always, a full transcript of these announcements have been translated into Spanish in Discord and will be posted to the forum post-race.

----------------

Buenas noches, corredores de la serie PRL de los Martes! Bienvenidos a Daytona International Speedway para la Ronda 5, donde muchos de ustedes pasaron 24 horas conduciendo hace unos fines de semana y sabemos que están encantados de verlo nuevamente. Esta noche tenemos una carrera de 60 minutos en lugar de los 45 minutos habituales. Espero que hayan planeado una parada al baño adicional antes de la luz verde y que tengan una merienda extra. Pueden que lo necesiten.

Sólo un anuncio esta semana. La administración de PRL ha sido informada de que el BoP de GTE lanzado por iRacing este mes *no se aplicó* a las ligas y debe aplicarse manualmente. Actualmente hay una encuesta en el foro de esta semana que le pregunta si desean ver el BoP aplicado a mitad de temporada. Se requiere el 50% (o 18 conductores) para que una decisión sea considerada. Si No hay suficientes personas que voten, no habrán cambios. ¡Sencillo!

Eso es todo por ahora. ¿Alguna pregunta o comentario antes de la clasificación?

Como siempre, una transcripción completa de estos anuncios se ha traducido al español en Discord y se publicará en el foro después de la carrera.

C_Valenzuela

Name
Nice race!
Lot of close race action, good points and 0x bonus.

Again, congrats to the winner and all the guys in front. They put a hell of a show, iRacing Network must be glad of this series. Top!

See you at the next one!

athacker

Name
*PROTEST SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED*

*PRL ORGANIZER NOTE*

Due to the BoP Poll not meeting the required minimum 18 votes, PRL Management will take no action on the proposed motion.

I will speak for myself only, and this is not representative of PRL Management: As the Tuesday Organizer, I do my best to maintain a high level of engagement with the community and most importantly listen as everyone pays to be an entrant. It's frustrating to see when asking the community for feedback, only 17 drivers (less than 50%) deemed it worthy of a response.

Please let me know what I could have done better to encourage everyone to vote on an item we believed was of importance. Or, if the issue was not worthy of a vote to begin with, I'd like to know that, too.

A

Anonymous

Hey Aaron - first off, let me say that I am thankful for the enhanced effort you have put into community communication and feedback this evening. For what it's worth, I have voted in the poll above, and given a bit more feedback on this issue.

Regarding your broader point about lack of community involvement, I think this is just a facet of being a part of being a small league in a much larger quasi-corporate enterprise. Judging by the scope of PRL, with multiple championships across multiple platforms, there is no benefit to the larger entity in wishing to build a true community of racers in a small subsection of the business.

Racers in this league exist as paying mercenaries, and there is minimal effort to build a community beyond this. This is evidenced by the consistently inconsistent stewarding decisions (made by a "team" far removed from the actual event and even from the sim), the complete lack of consideration given to very real issues with session configuration (event times meaning the races sometimes end in the dark with no notice of this before the event), and a haphazard approach to waitlists, driver entry requirements, and driver and team points scoring that is consistently incorrect.

The results of this approach can be seen with the fairly high turnover of drivers each season, and the continued driving standards that result in lap 1 incidents at almost every race. They are also the reasons that I will not be returning next season.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Notes for all drivers.

Yesterday, around 10:45pm, the PRL management team has decided to give a lifetime ban to Rapido (Tom Ellison) after posting disrespectful comments toward the league and its management. We have quickly deleted the post after we had an urgent meetings about the situation. With all the work and hours we put into PRL, we can't accept such comments. We are always open to comments but it must be said in respect. Since Tom joined PRL, he has built a bad reputation here, and he was always complaining against our rules and decisions. We doubt he was happy racing here with all the negative comments he said about us, so we think by banning him, we helped both side. Since Aaron join as an organiser, we think we are more close to Tuesday series community and we have made positive changes. We will comtinu to work in that way in favor to provide you the best place to race at. PRL is and always will be in a state of evolution and improvement. Negativity will never play a role in our development and we have no place for it.

Thanks for your understanding and we are sorry about this unfortunate situation.

Have a good rest of season!!

Status
Not open for further replies.