Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 5: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Classic Pits (Jan 9)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
9,683
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
iRacing ID
177904
Spa-Francorchamps - Classic Pit.png
 
Sponsor this circuit for only $6.95 USD
 
[circuit_7][/circuit_7]​
 
Race Length: 45 Minutes
Start Type: Rolling
Fuel Amount: 55%
Weather: Dynamic Weather
Time of Day: Morning

Pre-Race Interview
1. How was your holiday break? Have you race during the last 2 weeks?
2. What's your thoughts on Spa-Francorchamps?
3. Which car will you get if you win $50 000!?
 

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
9,683
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
iRacing ID
177904
Please note that starting this race, we have migrated to a new TS Server. More information following the link below:

http://precisionracingleague.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=1108
 

Carsten Quint

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
Name
Carsten Quint
Joined
Feb 13, 2017
Messages
304
Location
Canada, British Columbia, Parksville
iRacing ID
205003
It was good to get back to racing again. I felt really good in practice, and it showed in qualifying. Best qualifying result for me in a while. Got a bit too wide on turn 9 lap 1 which had me spin into the wall. Got stuck in it so had to tow. Exited pits right behind Cristian when our tows where done and somewhat kept up with him for 4 or 5 laps, then just cruised to make it to the finish. See you guys next week.
 

MrCaringi

Well-known member
Name
Joined
Jan 4, 2018
Messages
173
Location
Mexico, Monterrey
Very exciting race guys, congrats
I was using JRT (timing) and nobody got less than 4 incidents, so, maybe there is an error in standings calculation?
 

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
9,683
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
iRacing ID
177904
MrCaringi said:
Very exciting race guys, congrats
I was using JRT (timing) and nobody got less than 4 incidents, so, maybe there is an error in standings calculation?

From the results sheet of iRacing, only Matthew St.Germain got less than 3 incidents.
 

Kenny Duval

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Nov 12, 2017
Messages
212
Location
US,Georgia, Cumming
I had a much better race than I was expecting. The early nose to tail with Matt was a lot of fun. I think I spent a little too much time in the pits and took too much fuel. That cost me a spot to Igor and I just couldn't run him down with the time that remained. Happily this was a brain fart free race and I managed it with only 8 incident points. On to Daytona.
We had a couple new guys that ran their trial by fire race last night  and they all seemed to do a solid job. Congrats to Eric Luke on his 15th place finish. He jumped in feet first on that one.
 

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2021/S4
Name
Erik Luke
Joined
Jan 8, 2018
Messages
603
Location
Florida
iRacing ID
308605
Kenny Duval said:
I had a much better race than I was expecting. The early nose to tail with Matt was a lot of fun. I think I spent a little too much time in the pits and took too much fuel. That cost me a spot to Igor and I just couldn't run him down with the time that remained. Happily this was a brain fart free race and I managed it with only 8 incident points. On to Daytona.
We had a couple new guys that ran their trial by fire race last night  and they all seemed to do a solid job. Congrats to Eric Luke on his 15th place finish. He jumped in feet first on that one.

Thanks Kenny!

I unfortunately spun out at the high speed chicane on lap four, which after my return to the pits to fix damage meant a very lonely race.  Other than that I was pretty much incident free for the rest of the race.  Not having enough seat time in the car was a challenge but hopefully I will be better prepared for Daytona.  

A big thanks again to SharkV for getting me registered on such short notice.  
 

igortg

Member
Name
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
7
Location
Florianópolis, Brazil
Kenny Duval said:
I think I spent a little too much time in the pits and took too much fuel. That cost me a spot to Igor and I just couldn't run him down with the time that remained. Happily this was a brain fart free race and I managed it with only 8 incident points.

I didn't expected that either. A lot of pressure at the end since I had to do perfect laps to keep you from getting close.

It's a bit of sacrifice to stay awake till 1am, but the races had being awesome. Nice to see that more people are joining.
 

Kenny Duval

Premium Member
Name
Joined
Nov 12, 2017
Messages
212
Location
US,Georgia, Cumming
igortg said:
Kenny Duval said:
I think I spent a little too much time in the pits and took too much fuel. That cost me a spot to Igor and I just couldn't run him down with the time that remained. Happily this was a brain fart free race and I managed it with only 8 incident points.

I didn't expected that either. A lot of pressure at the end since I had to do perfect laps to keep you from getting close.

It's a bit of sacrifice to stay awake till 1am, but the races had being awesome. Nice to see that more people are joining.

My only hope would have been a mistake. You were faster through some sections and I had a little more in a few but the overall lap times were too close for me to make much headway. I think I got it down to a second but it would have taken 5 or 6 more laps for me to get close enough to even attempt a pass.
 
Top