Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 5: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Classic Pits (Jan 23 2020)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Spa-Francorchamps - Classic Pit.png

Practice: 2020-03-01 07:00
Qualifying: 2020-03-01 10:00
Race: 2020-03-01 10:15
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview-

1- After a short lap around Road Atlanta, we head to the large and in charge Spa!  Which is the most satisfying corner to get right here?

2- Spa is one of those tracks where it is very feasible for either e high or low downforce setup to work.  Which way will you favor?

3- Superbowl prediction time!  49ers or Cheifs?  If you can correctly predict the score, a Crash for Cash team member will "eliminate" one car of your choice in the next race!

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Note - the session times (in-sim) have been moved up so the practice session does not begin in complete darkness.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
Ah darn i will be missing spa. Sorry boys i wont be wrecking this race. Good luck to all. Well almost all... Matt eat a tail pipe

Joshuadaniels

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Joshua Daniels
iRacing ID
1. pouhon bc it is so easy to over slow the car or turn in slightly to late but such a beautiful thing when you get it just right!
2. high downforce for sure
3. I don't follow the sport and never heard of the crash team

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1) any time I get rivage right I am happy

2) Have not decided yet, leaning more towards HDF, but the more I practice the more the wings get lower

3) KC, score 45-38

Joshuadaniels

Premium Member
Name
Joshua Daniels
iRacing ID
Joshuadaniels said:
1. pouhon bc it is so easy to over slow the car or turn in slightly to late but such a beautiful thing when you get it just right!
2. high downforce for sure
3. I don't follow the sport and never heard of the crash team

ah I see team #7 lol

Hootius

Director
Staff member
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. God forbid I could hit 8 and 9 like I know what I'm doing, I could be a real fake race car driver!!!

2. I cant throw it in the corners like the guys with skill in this league, so I might try a little less wing and see if I can make it up on the straights.

3. I got 49ers 35-31. I think both teams are pretty even, I like the 49ers defense to be able to make a play that could turn the game.

robdel12

Name
Hey everyone, new to the league this week! Can't wait to get out there and race with y'all. :cool:

1. I think it has to be the chicane for me. Getting the braking just right, turning into 18 and then nailing the setup for the exit out of 19 is real satisfying.  Also seems to be the corner I mess up & lose the most time.

2. Currently I'm running a higher down force setup. Ran a race last night in the Simcube series and it was a TON of fun to battle someone running a low down force setup. They would walk away from me on the straights (if I didn't get close enough for the tow) and I'd pull it back in around the corners.

3. Cheifs -- Mahomes is a machine! 34-17

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
1- After a short lap around Road Atlanta, we head to the large and in charge Spa!  Which is the most satisfying corner to get right here?
I really like the 12-13 complex it always feels so nice to drive when you get it right.

2- Spa is one of those tracks where it is very feasible for either e high or low downforce setup to work.  Which way will you favor?
In general I tend to use a little more wing than my compeditors for some added stability.  Its hard for me to drive low DF and be consistent enough.

3- Superbowl prediction time!  49ers or Cheifs?  If you can correctly predict the score, a Crash for Cash team member will "eliminate" one car of your choice in the next race!
I think I will go with the 49s but hopefully this will be a close game. 31-28.

davidsirois

Name
Contrats David Holland for the win! Congrats also to Greg Seitz and Rod Clinard for the podium!

I had a good initial pace but I had too much oversteer after 5 or 6 laps. Could not follow your pace.

crich88848

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
Thanks Jeff Steffey for the clean racing last night. Also, good battle there at the end Daniel. I had you coming into the backstraight, but I didn't tuck in behind you enough and then dove in to deep into the bus stop. Oh well, it was a good race and good last lap battle.