Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2023 Season 1 Signups now open to all !

Hi Guest, Signups for 2023 Season 1 are now open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 5: Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (18 Apr)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Canadian_Tire_Motorsports.png

Time of day: Afternoon
Practice: 2:46 PM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 5:46 PM (in-game time)
Race: 6:01 PM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max. Fuel: 35%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview:

1- After racing on the skating rink in Germany, we head to everyones favorite country Canada, for Canadian Tire Motorsports Park!  With the race later in the day, grip levels look to be high for this race.  Do you prefer a slippery track, and finding the limits at each corner, or a high grip situation where you can chuck it in and have confidence the car will stick?

2- This track is a rollercoaster ride, with very little breaking and a fast lap.  With passing likely going to take several corners and some side by side racing to happen, where are you looking to set up your overtakes?

3- Lets all pretend for a moment we are real race-car drivers here.  There are 2 distinct types of drivers in motor-racing.  Those who pee in their race-suit, and those who don't.  Which side are you on, and how long would the race have to go before you inevitably join the wet side?

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
This is going to be interesting. The default iRacing set is pretty good. Very stable and easy to drive. I put down a 1:12:2xx in one of the official races with it. I’ll have to run a custom set to see how much I can improve. 

There is literally only 2 braking zones, that’s it. Turn 3 and turn five. Passing is going to be...interesting. 

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
1 - Everyone prefers high grip when its available... its just how well you can deal when there is none. Its a fine line, but I think my pace doesn't really change all that much. I am slow regardless of track grip.

2 - I will set up the majority of my overtakes on the first two laps by using Turn 5 carnage.

3 - Pee all the way. How else do you triple stint at Daytona?

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
1- After racing on the skating rink in Germany, we head to everyones favorite country Canada, for Canadian Tire Motorsports Park! With the race later in the day, grip levels look to be high for this race. Do you prefer a slippery track, and finding the limits at each corner, or a high grip situation where you can chuck it in and have confidence the car will stick?

I'm a corner speed kind of guy (which is why I am having so much fun at this track). Thanks to Mr. Duval's help, I've been learning to deal with lower grip scenarios to adjust to a point and shoot style.

2- This track is a rollercoaster ride, with very little breaking and a fast lap. With passing likely going to take several corners and some side by side racing to happen, where are you looking to set up your overtakes?

If things go my way, I won't have to worry about passing anyone. Start at the front and check out :) Since that won't happen it will have to be a block pass into one of the sweepers. Passing at the hair pin is a big no no unless you like the wall. I've met Mr. Wall, he's a butthole.

3- Lets all pretend for a moment we are real race-car drivers here. There are 2 distinct types of drivers in motor-racing. Those who pee in their race-suit, and those who don't. Which side are you on, and how long would the race have to go before you inevitably join the wet side?

One must learn the skill of letting just a little out at a time so you are not sitting in a pee soaked puddle seat.

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
DeamingPie said:
One must learn the skill of letting just a little out at a time so you are not sitting in a pee soaked puddle seat.

Unless you are Jefferson - the glitter acts as a urine diffuser that increases his gluteal crease downforce by a factor of 3.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
TRG said:
DeamingPie said:

Unless you are Jefferson - the glitter acts as a urine diffuser that increases his gluteal crease downforce by a factor of 3.

Hardcore drivers get a catheter... :shock:

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
DeamingPie said:
TRG said:
DeamingPie said:

Paul is so hardcore he enjoys the catheter

crich88848

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
1- After racing on the skating rink in Germany, we head to everyones favorite country Canada, for Canadian Tire Motorsports Park! With the race later in the day, grip levels look to be high for this race. Do you prefer a slippery track, and finding the limits at each corner, or a high grip situation where you can chuck it in and have confidence the car will stick?

I like it slippery wet, soaked... Wait are we talking about racing or.......

2- This track is a rollercoaster ride, with very little breaking and a fast lap. With passing likely going to take several corners and some side by side racing to happen, where are you looking to set up your overtakes?

I don't care what Erik says, I'm passing on the hairpin.

3- Lets all pretend for a moment we are real race-car drivers here. There are 2 distinct types of drivers in motor-racing. Those who pee in their race-suit, and those who don't. Which side are you on, and how long would the race have to go before you inevitably join the wet side?

Everyone knows you use Tyler's car on the grid prior to the race.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
TRG said:
DeamingPie said:
TRG said:

Paul is so hardcore he enjoys the catheter

I knew there was something off about him.  Things are starting to make sense.

TheGreatC81

Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
1- After racing on the skating rink in Germany, we head to everyones favorite country Canada, for Canadian Tire Motorsports Park!  With the race later in the day, grip levels look to be high for this race.  Do you prefer a slippery track, and finding the limits at each corner, or a high grip situation where you can chuck it in and have confidence the car will stick?

Slippery is OK in a car with a handbrake, otherwise give me that kung fu grip.

2- This track is a rollercoaster ride, with very little breaking and a fast lap.  With passing likely going to take several corners and some side by side racing to happen, where are you looking to set up your overtakes?

Apply pressure, wait for them to cook it wide into the hairpin or spin it coming out, carry on. If that doesn't work they are probably fast and consistent enough that I can't catch them anyway.

3- Lets all pretend for a moment we are real race-car drivers here.  There are 2 distinct types of drivers in motor-racing.  Those who pee in their race-suit, and those who don't.  Which side are you on, and how long would the race have to go before you inevitably join the wet side?

The way I sweat I really doubt having to pee would ever be a problem for me in a hot race car, but I'd just go. The real question is, what do you do when your tummy starts rumbling? :shock:

paulwildridge

Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. I like slippery grip

2. My overtakes will be everywhere and no where at the same time... white shadow

3. You always wait until your last lap in the car during an endurance event. That way it's still warm for the next guy. No one likes a cold hot tub!

Catheters are just for fun not function... jeez dont you know anything guys.

MattMiles44

Premium Member
GT4 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Formula 3 Series 2022/S4
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Matthew Miles
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]1- After racing on the skating rink in Germany, we head to everyones favorite country Canada, for Canadian Tire Motorsports Park!  With the race later in the day, grip levels look to be high for this race.  Do you prefer a slippery track, and finding the limits at each corner, or a high grip situation where you can chuck it in and have confidence the car will stick?[/font]
I definitely prefer a grippy track, as it means less risk of mistakes. 
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]2- This track is a rollercoaster ride, with very little breaking and a fast lap.  With passing likely going to take several corners and some side by side racing to happen, where are you looking to set up your overtakes?[/font]
I love Mosport, I look forward to this race as I always do well here in Canada. Passing is incredibly difficult here, theres only one real chance and that is the long backstretch after the infamous tricky double-apex. You could make a move after the long downhill hairpin (Turn 2) but it's not the best spot. 
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]3- Lets all pretend for a moment we are real race-car drivers here.  There are 2 distinct types of drivers in motor-racing.  Those who pee in their race-suit, and those who don't.  Which side are you on, and how long would the race have to go before you inevitably join the wet side?[/font]
Well if we were real racers and these incidents were real, I'm sure I'd be in the hospital after my incident @ Road Atlanta so it doesn't matter if I pissed my suit or not   :lol:

bonaduce

Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1) prefer grip, slip is nice on some corners but not for the whole track

2) I pass when I see the opportunity, more often than not that opportunity passes me by

3) who says I haven't?

andyspicer

Name
Andy Spicer
iRacing ID
MattMiles44 said:
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]1- After racing on the skating rink in Germany, we head to everyones favorite country Canada, for Canadian Tire Motorsports Park!  With the race later in the day, grip levels look to be high for this race.  Do you prefer a slippery track, and finding the limits at each corner, or a high grip situation where you can chuck it in and have confidence the car will stick?[/font]
I definitely prefer a grippy track, as it means less risk of mistakes. 
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]2- This track is a rollercoaster ride, with very little breaking and a fast lap.  With passing likely going to take several corners and some side by side racing to happen, where are you looking to set up your overtakes?[/font]
I love Mosport, I look forward to this race as I always do well here in Canada. Passing is incredibly difficult here, theres only one real chance and that is the long backstretch after the infamous tricky double-apex. You could make a move after the long downhill hairpin (Turn 2) but it's not the best spot. 
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]3- Lets all pretend for a moment we are real race-car drivers here.  There are 2 distinct types of drivers in motor-racing.  Those who pee in their race-suit, and those who don't.  Which side are you on, and how long would the race have to go before you inevitably join the wet side?[/font]
Well if we were real racers and these incidents were real, I'm sure I'd be in the hospital after my incident @ Road Atlanta so it doesn't matter if I pissed my suit or not   :lol:

Ah, a third option, a [font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]colostomy bag.[/font]

SuperHawk

Premium Member
Name
Michael Overbay
iRacing ID
This is possibly the worst track on iRacing for actual racing. It is a fun track to drive, a horrible track to race at. There are no passing zones. Can you pass, yes if you are much faster than someone, but you can not set someone up and make a pass, because there aren't any hard braking zones. Can someone please blow up this track before the race tonight and then we can go race Imola!

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
SuperHawk said:
This is possibly the worst track on iRacing for actual racing. It is a fun track to drive, a horrible track to race at. There are no passing zones. Can you pass, yes if you are much faster than someone, but you can not set someone up and make a pass, because there aren't any hard braking zones. Can someone please blow up this track before the race tonight and then we can go race Imola!

You shut your whore mouth  :evil:

:lol:

paulwildridge

Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
Out tonight boys. Someone wreck btr for me. And my race win prediction is kerlan Andrew. Dont know if he is fast here but if he actually pays his fueller his owed salary maybe he will put enough fuel in the car this time 😁

CajunGrit

Organizer
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Formula 4 Series 2023/S1
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
My apologies to Mark and Dany for taking you out with the spins. I’m still in disbelief that my race went down like that....