Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2021 Season 3 Signups are now closed !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are now closed apart from the GT4 Amateur Series and the Formula Renault 3.5 Pro Series where we still have places left !
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details.

Round 5: Canada - Circuit Gilles Villenueve (28Apr18 @ 7pm BST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Canada.png

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Division 1:[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Session host is Michemery[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Division 2:[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Session host is Macca[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Qualifying starts at 7:00pm (UK time) followed by the race[/font]

PRE-RACE QUESTIONS

1) Many peoples favourite for the D1 title Carre, has unfortunately left the league. Meanwhile in D2, V5s strategy blunders coupled with Kallek and NeWaluigi joining has left both divisions with no obvious favourite. Who do you think will win (and why) in D1 and D2?

2) Many drivers seem capable of winning races in both divisions. Name a driver(s) from each division that hasn’t yet won a race but you would like to see win one and why you would like them to win one.​

3) S16 has seen the introduction of the power rankings for drivers who are performing well. However, on the flip side, if you had to name 3 drivers from any division who really need to up their game(and why), who would they be?​

4) Canada has a short pitlane. Do you think a 2 stop strategy is a viable strategy this weekend?​

5) Who do you think will finish top 3 on Saturday?​

A

armytricks

1) D1: Michaelangelo - Consistent, fast and will work up the leader board over the season
D2: V5HRL - Although he had a couple of strategy issues, I still think he's the most all-round driver in D2 with very good pace at every single track so I'm still backing V5 for the championship win.

2) D1: Michaelangelo
D2: I'd definitely like to see someone from last season who didn't win grab one. Robert or Dave look like good contenders for a surprise win this season

3) Oldschool tends to have great pace at most tracks, it's a bit unfortunate his results don't show it. Other drivers who I think really should be further up are Jamez and Tigaby.

4) Not sure yet. Haven't gotten around to practising.

5) V5, Kallek, Danny

Michemery

Name
1. I think Falcon will win D1 because of the gap he has, and his incredible pace.
Kallek will win D2 because he looks a cut above the rest.

2. Sam hahahahahahaha because he will never win another race

3. Sam, Haribo and Sam

4. Possibly, it creates a lot of strategy opportunities.

5. Me, Falcon and Neyo

Oldskool3000

Premium Member
Name
1. I would say Neyo. He seems to have a groove back. D2 Ita Kallek sadly. He belongs in division 1.5.

2. Army. It really would throw it all back in the mix.
3'.  Me. Ive been terrible. So have Tigaby Stevo and Dave to a lessee degree.
4. Ill be 1 stopping. Good luck gettong past 😂
5. Tigaby V5 and Army

Smithy

Premium Member
Name
1) Michael if his connection permits him / Kallek, he seems like a man on a mission.

2) Jume or Flair as i think both have good speed and are fair racers.

3) Me xD, Haribo, Simsi

4) Nope, as tyre wear is not an issue

5) Mich, Deki, Faclon

ne-yo1993

Premium Member
Name
1. Hard to pick one driver. Think we have 4-5 driver on the same level. Little things will decide this years title fight

For D2, seems like kallek is the favourite. I don't know much about D2 so everyone feel free to prove me wrong ;)

2. I don't want anyone to win a race or races apart from me. It's a lie imo if someone says he would like to see him or him winning. I can only speak for myself but I was never happy seeing someone else winning. Whoever wins worked hard for it. We all have enough time to prepare ourself the best.

3. I really need to step up my quali game. Pace has always been there but I just bottled every qualifying this season. Qualified only once inside the Top10 when I'm right. Making life harder for myself at the moment.

I don't like to judge about others performances so far as I don't know what happend to them. Behind every result is a story. Looking at the tables, think we all expected more from Jari. Same can be said about the mercedes team I believe. but as I said, I don't know what happend in their races.

4. Agree with sam. Easy one stop

5. Me, michemery, deki

deki106

Name
1) d1:me d2:kallek
2) i would love to see me winning a race ngl lol
3) Sam Jume me
4) one stop for the win probably
5) me mich neyo

xjari-075

Name
1. It think Falcon will win D1, as he has the pace and has also kept it quite clean this season. for d2 I am sticking with V5, he just needs to make less mistakes and then he can probaby win it.

2. in D1 I would love it if F1racer would win a race, just so he can annoy Gary with it. In D2 I would love it if Ibbo would somehow be able to win a race.

3. one of the 3 is definitely Haribo, he has the pace, but somehow isnt able to finish the races, I also think Macca needs to up his game, just like Haribo he isnt able to finish races and the last one would be myself then, as I also havent been able to finish races, although my dnf's may have been caused by other people.

4. A 2 stop is definitely a viable strategy, but it depends on your position and the gaps between you and other drivers.

5. Haribo Neyo Falcon

ibbopaul

Name
1) In D1 Killer, Ne-yo and maybe surprise return of Carra when see best being with PRL. D2 anyone V5 is just testing the waters making things interesting.
2) Can I answer this question? Me, Old, Stevo, Davejavu
3) Think Power Rankings is a fun and great idea we all need to up our game, it's like the Tennis World Rankings.
4) I think slowing down in time for that Pit Line enter is the most important part that will determine how many drive-throughs I have to do, sorry I mean pit stops
5) Not sure. Always want you all to win. Photo finish.

PS. Thanks Jar for saying me. :).

PPS. At a hospital appointment in the waiting room hopefully will be back in time for the race. Reception lady is a 9 out of 10 so I'm ok here for a little bit.