Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 5: Brands Hatch Circuit - Grand Prix (21May17)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
8,128
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
177904
 
Sponsor this circuit for only $2.95 USD
 
[circuit_3][/circuit_3]​
 
Race Settings
Dynamic Track: Start at 100%
Time of Day: 4.00PM
Weather: Clear
Air Temp: 27
Track Temp: 33
Temp Variation: 2
Start Type: Standing
Laps: 28
 

mdoherty20

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
629
Location
UK, Lancashire, Oldham
I have noticed there will be an Assetto update on Thursday 18th May including a new DLC car pack, read about it here http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-update-and-ready-to-race-dlc-coming-may-18th.135708/

Nothing car wise will change in this championship!
 

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
8,128
Location
Nicolet, QC, Canada
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
177904
mdoherty20 said:
I have noticed there will be an Assetto update on Thursday 18th May including a new DLC car pack, read about it here http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-update-and-ready-to-race-dlc-coming-may-18th.135708/

Nothing car wise will change in this championship!

Toyota Celica ST185 Turbo! Sweet!
 

Xaidenb29

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
690
Location
Leicester
With 2 exams the next day I may not be able to race for this round of the championship unfortunately
 

xoSx

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 15, 2017
Messages
138
Location
USA, CO
Are we planning on having races at a different time of a day? Tracks in AC look wonderful in an afternoon sunlight, and besides, the midday is just getting boring, at least for me.
 

Xaidenb29

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
690
Location
Leicester
xoSx said:
Are we planning on having races at a different time of a day? Tracks in AC look wonderful in an afternoon sunlight, and besides, the midday is just getting boring, at least for me.

But then sunlight is a problem as it creates a glare
 

mdoherty20

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
629
Location
UK, Lancashire, Oldham
I can set it later, but then will have to go with cloud cover as sun too low, well i think that and want to see my brake markers clear, not through blinding sun, but hey, will change it if its a problem.
 

xoSx

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 15, 2017
Messages
138
Location
USA, CO
Xaidenb29 said:
xoSx said:
Are we planning on having races at a different time of a day? Tracks in AC look wonderful in an afternoon sunlight, and besides, the midday is just getting boring, at least for me.

But then sunlight is a problem as it creates a glare

Yes, and the glare adds to the realism of the sim. 
That's what all those drivers doing 24 hours races experience, and they have to deal with it.

If the only way of getting the races to start in the different time of a day is with the cloud cover, then there's no reason to change it.
I only say that the races all at the same time of day are getting visually boring and dull, besides in VR midday light is just very flat, the road surface is almost white.
 

mdoherty20

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
629
Location
UK, Lancashire, Oldham
OK, I have had a test, and because of the trees close to track most of the way round there is no issue with the sun, just plenty of shadow off the trees so I have changed it too 4pm
 

mdoherty20

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
629
Location
UK, Lancashire, Oldham
You have got to remember that it takes me a good 40 mins to gather together and then enter in all the results and then trying to set up the server straight after, and thats after doing the race too.  therefore I leave the sun angle and just change the temp slightly to get the track up and running, but i will start testing different sun angles for the next track through the week to give some variation.
 

xoSx

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 15, 2017
Messages
138
Location
USA, CO
mdoherty20 said:
You have got to remember that it takes me a good 40 mins to gather together and then enter in all the results and then trying to set up the server straight after, and thats after doing the race too.  therefore I leave the sun angle and just change the temp slightly to get the track up and running, but i will start testing different sun angles for the next track through the week to give some variation.

Easy, easy. I was only asking, not demanding.
I'm sorry if you saw my post as a complaint.
It was just a question and my point of view.
 

VRPlayer

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 14, 2017
Messages
127
Location
England
I agree with the time of the day as in VR we need shadows and good lighting. I actually like light fog in the morning as the sun breaks through and creates good lighting and maybe improves performance due to less draw distance. Thanks
 

mdoherty20

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
629
Location
UK, Lancashire, Oldham
Changed the jump start penalty from being returned to pits and locked to Drive through penalty which I think is fairer and less severe.

There is a new time multiplier for servers in the latest update, I have set this to 2x, this means the time for the weather settings are doubled, so we start at 4pm in game as an example, instead of the sun angle being 4.45 when we finish race, it will be 5.30.
 

Xaidenb29

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
690
Location
Leicester
mdoherty20 said:
Changed the jump start penalty from being returned to pits and locked to Drive through penalty which I think is fairer and less severe.

There is a new time multiplier for servers in the latest update, I have set this to 2x, this means the time for the weather settings are doubled, so we start at 4pm in game as an example, instead of the sun angle being 4.45 when we finish race, it will be 5.30.

Sounds good 
Is there any chance track temp could be lowered slightly as it is causing a lot or overheating doesn't matter if not just seems a little high to me
 

mdoherty20

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
629
Location
UK, Lancashire, Oldham
Xaidenb29 said:
mdoherty20 said:
Changed the jump start penalty from being returned to pits and locked to Drive through penalty which I think is fairer and less severe.

There is a new time multiplier for servers in the latest update, I have set this to 2x, this means the time for the weather settings are doubled, so we start at 4pm in game as an example, instead of the sun angle being 4.45 when we finish race, it will be 5.30.

Sounds good 
Is there any chance track temp could be lowered slightly as it is causing a lot or overheating doesn't matter if not just seems a little high to me

I could do but I read somewhere, if the track temp is below 90 (30) its like driving on ice, dont know how true this is but thats why I always set to above 90, maybe it has changed during all the updates, if someone has any other info?
 

Xaidenb29

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2017
Messages
690
Location
Leicester
mdoherty20 said:
Xaidenb29 said:
mdoherty20 said:
Changed the jump start penalty from being returned to pits and locked to Drive through penalty which I think is fairer and less severe.

There is a new time multiplier for servers in the latest update, I have set this to 2x, this means the time for the weather settings are doubled, so we start at 4pm in game as an example, instead of the sun angle being 4.45 when we finish race, it will be 5.30.

Sounds good 
Is there any chance track temp could be lowered slightly as it is causing a lot or overheating doesn't matter if not just seems a little high to me

I could do but I read somewhere, if the track temp is below 90 (30) its like driving on ice, dont know how true this is but thats why I always set to above 90, maybe it has changed during all the updates, if someone has any other info?
Its on 38 degrees at the moment and from previous races we have ran at about 32 33 just seems a little too high 
 

mdoherty20

Premium Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
629
Location
UK, Lancashire, Oldham
Brands Hatch Password now changed and reset, password in Team Speak info panel.

Here is the practice sessions screen shot, everyone on this list did a minimum of 10 laps and therefore receive the bonus point.

Cheche 73 receives the additional bonus point for fastest lap.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1meHBwAiqIFS3Bhc1p0Vm1OSEk/view?usp=sharing
 
Top