Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022/S4 - Seasonal prizes draw!

Hi Guest, The list of eligible drivers to the 2022/S4 end of season draw is now available! We will be doing a live event on Discord on Sunday December 11th at 9pm EDT!
    Click here for more details and to see the list of eligible drivers.

Round 4: Texas Motor Speedway - Oval (Jan 16)

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S4
NASCAR Cup Series 2023/S1
NASCAR Xfinity Series 2023/S1
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Texas Motor Speedway - Oval.png

Laps: 145

Sim Date/Time: 2022-01-15 18:40 1x

Last edited by a moderator:

Jose Medina

Premium Member
Name
jose medina
iRacing ID
Hello Fellas I won't be able to race on 1/16/22 at Texas cuz i will be flying from California to Texas with my Brother for my 1st NFL Playoff game in Arlington Tx we're both Cowboys fans hopefully we win Lol !! So you all have a Great race & see you on the following race my Brothers.

codahex

Organizer
Name
Nicholas Hunter2
iRacing ID
That sounds like an awesome time, enjoy your trip!

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
Alrighty Crew, its Race Day.

• We have started off the season with (2) Lap 1 cautions and a Lap 3 caution. That right there is just unacceptable. In all cases, it was contact that didn't need to happen. Clean starts help lead to a clean race, so there is my first challenge to everyone.
  • We have our first suspension on the Season, and 6 more drivers within 1.5pts of a suspension in the next 2 races.
  • 22 drivers have gotten at least a .5pt through 3 races. Over half the league!!!! Its been new guys, returning guys, front runners, back markers, high iRating guys, low iRating guys. This is why I say its on the entire league to clean this crap up. Every single one of us.
I truthfully believe in this league. We are FAR better than what we have shown so far this season, that's why I am as passionate as I am about us. Don't put it all on me to clean up the league by parking more guys and having to rule with an iron fist. We all signed up for cleaner racing than what we get in official lobbies, so lets race like it.

Joshuadaniels

Premium Member
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Joshua Daniels
iRacing ID
Should be a different race if everyone knows the rules. I had no idea if you cant pass some clean you can just doorbang them or if there trying to pass you you can just do the same thing. This would have won me alot of races or better yet i could have waited until i knew i couldnt win the race and just tearup everyones car that could beat my teammates. I hope everone sees this so we can all have a fair fight i really like alot of you here and hate seeing people being confused on the rules. Here is 2 protests i sent that was deemed legal moves.

hopefully these replays clarify the rules for those of you who didnt know like i once did not.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
See Josh, this is the kind of crap I'm referring too with he wrong mentality of this league. You brought this public, so I am replying public.

In our PM, I didn't say they were legal. In the Abner case, you getting slowed by a lapped car was a contributing factor. yes he went for a pinch, there was a touch and there was no damage, and directly right after the situation with Abner, you got cleaned out by someone else losing control so giving the spot back really wasn't an option. In Richard's situation, I mentioned the 3 wide and close quarters so he was given the benefit of a doubt in that particular situation because of the circumstance. The next lap the same thing happened, so no leniency was given and Richard got the full caution point where in other circumstances (some other happened in the race that's spelled out in the reviews), it might have been a lesser penalty had the first situation not happened. At no point did I say it was legal, I was letting you know my insight into the situations which you are trying to turn on me publicly because I took the time out to have a conversation with you. Obviously my time was wasted.

To your other point, I already addressed that in the Stewards post. For the first time, I have forced my hand and gave a Admin penalty for lack of a better term because of what I deemed was poor judgement by Taylor. And I will do it again to anyone who forces my hand with something I deem ridiculous or effects the integrity of the race in my eyes. As I put in that post for everyone to read, it wasn't the end of the race. I would consider staying out a strategy if we were at the end of the race. But this was something else. And this will continue to be looked at until I feel like this league is where it needs to be.

You situation is against Hype, there is no hiding that with your past. I do question if you make this post against anyone else to be honest. So we can either continue this discussion to clarify any more questions you or anyone else might have, or drop the drama and just not post anymore.

Joshuadaniels

Premium Member
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Joshua Daniels
iRacing ID
Never had any issue with team hype till now. Any one who told you that is a liar. Evidently these moves legal or not was deemed not punishable. I never tryed to do anything but help the ones here that might not know. Because iv just learned this myself.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
I'll be upfront and honest Josh, no one at Hype has said anything to me about it. That was all from my own personal observations over the time since you left the team. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong for assuming and apologize publicly. And you have been here for a while Josh, and you have help set up sessions in the past so you are absolutely right about wanting to help others and it has been proven, and I personally trust you on track and you are talented. But you also have had what I would consider outbursts in the past and that's why lead to my approach on your post, because that felt to me like a public slam after a private conversation.

Now to everyone. Yes the rules are there and I've tried to make them as black and white as possible. I try to stick to that black and white as much as possible for consistency, which is easy to do with a spin or someone moving lanes at a time when contact happens. I never want favoritism or personal bias to ever cloud my judgment (either for or against, I'm human and I have the same emotions as everyone else and like all of you, I also have my own personal list of who I trust and don't trust on track, but I put that to the side when it comes to reviews). but this is racing, and there are always the chances for other factors on track to grey up that black and white, and I try to handle that as best as possible. This goes back to my original point a few weeks ago. Maybe I am too lenient, but we are also not Pros, nor is there a prize fund we are fighting for so maybe I need to stop thinking like that and just bring the hammer every single time like how iRacing does with it's sometimes shitty black flags, which we try to right those wrongs too. The money we pay is for the fun of being on GSRC, not one penny of it hits my pocket. That's what makes it even more frustrating to me personally when we are in a situation like the start of this season and there is that much more of my free time I have to take away from, which gets to a point of feeling like babysitting.

To wrap this post up, I am not asking for pity with that last little bit about me, all I am asking for clean racing, which is what we all want here.

Also.... GO BUCS!!!

Richard Regan Jr

Premium Member
Name
Richard Regan Jr
iRacing ID
Should be a different race if everyone knows the rules. I had no idea if you cant pass some clean you can just doorbang them or if there trying to pass you you can just do the same thing. This would have won me alot of races or better yet i could have waited until i knew i couldnt win the race and just tearup everyones car that could beat my teammates. I hope everone sees this so we can all have a fair fight i really like alot of you here and hate seeing people being confused on the rules. Here is 2 protests i sent that was deemed legal moves.

hopefully these replays clarify the rules for those of you who didnt know like i once did not.
I don't know why you are attacking me, I made a mistake, I was on at least 45 lap old tires and we were three wide. If you have a problem with me my DM's are always open. I race hard but I also try to race clean. I don't go out there and wreck week in and week out. I got tight when we were three wide, I also didn't know that I had as much room on the inside as I did until I looked at the replay. I have been in this league for a long time and my reputation here is not me junking people for the fun of it. Just because I have been as successful as I have been doesn't mean that I am a perfect driver, that I will never ever make a mistake. If I wanted to clean you out then I wouldn't had turned left coming off the turn. Also prior to that we were racing to the lead and I never ran you dirty. Just because you may have an issue with my teammates doesn't make it okay to just blast everyone on the team. I am sure you have made mistakes in the past as well.

Joshuadaniels

Premium Member
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Joshua Daniels
iRacing ID
Just to clarify Team hype i can relate them to TY Stover. And when he came to the PRL i was his 1st pick 馃槉 soon after me he added regan jr which i thanked TY for the opportunity to get to work with regan and was excited of the future we had. Unfortunately i had different views of decisions to make the whole team get there cars painted at the same place because i had made deals with other paint shops to paint my car. It was a peaceful disagreement one where he gladly excepted a return of the $50 he had paid me and we decided to part ways in gentleman type of manner. Afterwards the paintshop that i chose did not want to continue supplying me with a paint for reasons unknown to me. So much for trying to be loyal lol. BTW James Duerr paints my car now and he does a fantastic job thank you james.
Other than that i would like to add most drivers here have amazing skill. And we go to bed at night dreaming of ways to push the limits and rules. So i would agree with a heavy hammer there is just no other way.

Nesquik

Premium Member
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Abner Acosta
iRacing ID

I already apologized to you in the race in regards to me locking up on entry - yes racing u hard. Was it my fault? - Yes. I'm glad you didn't wreck or had any significant damage but I don't know what you want me to do besides apologizing, it's not like I'm crashing everyone every week. In fact, it looks like you got a penalty point for something =/.

I have never messaged anyone or made a show about it when I get crashed into. I know that everyone here either makes a mistake or just a racing deal, no one is trying to crash anyone on purpose. on all my seasons here, I have sent ONE report to stewards against rondo when I got door banged out of a race and it was called netcode. I didn't make a post or make a show in regards to it. Report it and move on, it's racing.

This whole team thing also it's getting out of hand in my opinion, for me, this is a video game and just that. This is not Coke series or RTP. I work 50+ hrs a week and have a 7month old son which keep me plenty busy during the week. I come here to have fun and idgaf what I finish, who I get beat by, or who I have to race hard (even my own teammates).

and I'll take this time to apologize for who I crash next into next. hugs and kisses =]

Joshuadaniels

Premium Member
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Joshua Daniels
iRacing ID
Abner i wanted you to be penalized thats why i sent the protest but good for you. You somehow didnt.

Nesquik

Premium Member
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Abner Acosta
iRacing ID
Abner i wanted you to be penalized thats why i sent the protest but good for you. You somehow didnt.
and im fine with you sending it, but it looks like it didnt go through so why even make this post?

It wasn't a crash, you got no damage, or spun.

Move on man lol

James Duerr

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2023/S1
Name
James J.Duerr
iRacing ID
Completely off topic:
One, that lap 3 deal with Bob Clement. My apology, what happened wasn't due to aggression. From my standpoint I just locked up the front brakes getting in there. I dunno if I came off a bump and locked, or it was all driver error on my part. Either way... I am sorry.
Two: Having some equipment issues again. Had to start from the pits Wednesday because as we left for the parade lap I was unable to shift. Cable is broke, keeps cutting out so I am gonna play it safe and take the night off. Parts on order, see ya'll next week.

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 4

Joshuadaniels

Premium Member
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Joshua Daniels
iRacing ID
Abner you said so why even make this post?
If you go back and read you will see that i say its to let every that dident know that the 2 moves from the 2 protest was deemed legal. So to make the racing fair i was enlightening people about parts of the rules that iv been misunderstanding. If there not legal then you should have gotten penalized. Simple as that.

Nesquik

Premium Member
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Abner Acosta
iRacing ID
Abner you said so why even make this post?
If you go back and read you will see that i say its to let every that dident know that the 2 moves from the 2 protest was deemed legal. So to make the racing fair i was enlightening people about parts of the rules that iv been misunderstanding. If there not legal then you should have gotten penalized. Simple as that.
Alright man, this my last post about this but you are using the wrong term, 'legal'.

Good luck tonight.

Joshuadaniels

Premium Member
GT4 Fixed Series 2023/S1
Name
Joshua Daniels
iRacing ID
Ok ill help you out Abner The legal i refer to is number 2 what we are permitted to do or not to do.

legal
[藞l膿伞蓹l]
  1. of, based on, or concerned with the law.
    "the American legal system"
    synonyms:
    judiciaryjuridicaljudicatoryforensic 路 jurisdictive 路 official
    • appointed or required by the law.
      "a legal requirement"
      synonyms:
      judicialjuridical 路 jurisdictive 路 judicatoryforensic
    • law
      recognized by common or statutory law, as distinct from equity.
  2. permitted by law.
    "he claimed that it had all been legal"
    synonyms:
    lawfullegitimatelicit 路 within the law 路 legalizedvalidpermissible
    [more]
  3. US
    (of paper) measuring 8 陆 by 14 inches.
    "a yellow legal pad"

Hootius

Director
Staff member
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
At this point gents, everyone has gotten it out, so let's not talk ourselves into circles. We all have an aligned focus on tonight, so that is our goal.

DarkXenomorph

Premium Member
Name
Peter A Bladon
iRacing ID
sorry guys im out tonight, still sick from COVID so dont want to risk trying to concentrate that long in the race and messing up anyways race. Hopefully back next week.