Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 4: Suzuka International Racing Course - Grand Prix (24 Jan)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Suzuka_GP_course.png

Time of day: Morning
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max. Fuel: 40%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview:

1- Post Daytona 24hr weekend!  Did you participate, and how was your experience?

2- We are headed back to Japan, for the famous Suzuka Circuit!  Some call it a drivers track, and most agree it is thrilling to drive here.  What is your favorite section of the track?

3- Beer, Wine, or Whiskey, what is your choice?

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
DeamingPie said:
I

Love

This

Track

Saaaammee. I'm running 1:55.265 with a consistent 1:55.5/6. What are everyone else's lap times?

My optimal lap is 1:54.4 but I cant seem to break into the 54s

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
Good luck boys! Unfortunately I will be out for this one (But still have to drive interlagos...). Go get that win Erik!

Early prediction: Erik Luke 1st, Kerlan Andrew 2nd, Owen Mclachlachlan 3rd. Overbay in neon green tights this time.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
DEADZERO said:
DeamingPie said:
I

Love

This

Track

Saaaammee. I'm running 1:55.265 with a consistent 1:55.5/6. What are everyone else's lap times?

I've been getting prepped for the 24 so I haven't turned a lap here in the radical yet.  I tend to do well on courses that are not pure stop and go.  What will be tricky is turning the fast lap while not hitting the curbing.  In the GTE's and LMP1's you rape the crap out of the curbing in 2, 8, 9, 15 & 16 which allows you to carry huge corner speed.  Not sure how the radical will react but my prediction is it will give me the giant middle finger and send me into the wall while making fun of my mother.  

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
paulwildridge said:
Good luck boys! Unfortunately I will be out for this one (But still have to drive interlagos...). Go get that win Erik!

Early prediction: Erik Luke 1st, Kerlan Andrew 2nd, Owen Mclachlachlan 3rd. Overbay in neon green tights this time.

It's going to be hard.  Kenny, Overbay and Jefferson are going to be very tough to beat here.  

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
DeamingPie said:
DEADZERO said:
DeamingPie said:
I

Love

This

Track

I've been getting prepped for the 24 so I haven't turned a lap here in the radical yet.  I tend to do well on courses that are not pure stop and go.  What will be tricky is turning the fast lap while not hitting the curbing.  In the GTE's and LMP1's you rape the crap out of the curbing in 2, 8, 9, 15 & 16 which allows you to carry huge corner speed.  Not sure how the radical will react but my prediction is it will give me the giant middle finger and send me into the wall while making fun of my mother.  

Could you monster truck the car and set up the dampers to absorb the hits instead of giving you the big pogo-stick? 

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
paulwildridge said:
DeamingPie said:
DEADZERO said:

Could you monster truck the car and set up the dampers to absorb the hits instead of giving you the big pogo-stick? 

We haven't been able to do it without affecting the overall handling of the car.  You can make it absorb the hit, but then it will actually turn and handle like a monster truck.  We tried it at Road Atlanta and it was way off pace.

It's also hard to unlearn your mind brain.  In pretty much every other car you can hit the curbs and not lift the throttle.  In this car, doing that spells disaster, which I think is one of the reasons why there was so much spinning going on last night.  It's also near impossible to get on the gas unless the car is completely settled as there is no TC crutch.    

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
True. I love the no TC but it does create the issues with the simple spins. This car has the awesome grunt and aero of a current car but also has the old school technology with the TC and ABS being controlled by the pedal.

Kenny Duval

Name
Kenny Duval
iRacing ID
DeamingPie said:
paulwildridge said:

It's going to be hard.  Kenny, Overbay and Jefferson are going to be very tough to beat here.  

Beating me appears to be pretty easy...it's happened 3 times already. Of course I keep doing it to myself and that doesn't help. I may try to force my brain to back off the pace or give some up to setup with more wing in it. I like the front to go where I point it so the rear is usually just barely hanging on and following. That probably cost me at least 2 of those spins last night. The rest were simply just driver error. I wasn't in the best head space last night anyway as you know.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
Wow totally forgot that you can look up records online. Nice to know my pace is decent. And that screenshot is terrible lol

eshhh

Name
crich88848 said:
Wow that screenshot looks horrible. World records are showing 1:53s and 1:54s at the top

FWIW, there haven't been many races w/SR8 at Suzuka last couple years and never w/fixed setup. Those times are with open sets and at various versions of the game, maybe even different tire model altogether.

All that said this will be a back of pack race for me. Haven't really run at Suzuka since Gran Turismo 5 and never in the Radical.

Edit: Aaaand disregard all that, VRS best lap at 1:53.4xx 2 days ago.

https://virtualracingschool.appspot.com/#/DataPacks/27380001/1547719245

Kenny Duval

Name
Kenny Duval
iRacing ID
53.4's are totally doable. How many you can do without crashing would be the question. It's a pretty quick pace and prone to disaster.