Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• Only a few places left for 2021 Season 4 in our MX-5 Cup! Other series signups are closed!

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 4 are currently closed for all series except MX-5 Cup!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Round 4: Russia - Sochi Autodrom (18Apr18 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Russia.png

Pre-Race Interview
1. How do you feel about this track ?
2. How is the relationship with your teammate this year ? Any team work, team orders or each their own stuff ?
3. What do you think about the Chinese Grand Prix ? Do you think Ferrari has the best car package of the grid ?

Darklol

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Marco Oliveira
iRacing ID
Pre-Race Interview is up !

kub

Name
1. How do you feel about this track?

Hate it.

2. How is the relationship with your teammate this year? Any teamwork, team orders or each their own stuff?

We just practice together ;)

3. What do you think about the Chinese Grand Prix? Do you think Ferrari has the best car package of the grid?

I think Red Bull team is the best at the moment. Hopefully, other teams can catch up.

patlessard

Premium Member
Name
Pre-Race Interview
1. How do you feel about this track ?not a favorite ...
2. How is the relationship with your teammate this year ? Any team work, team orders or each their own stuff ?Very good he helps me a lot since I still struggle a lot without assists , we take a little time before each race to talk about the race and strategies
3. What do you think about the Chinese Grand Prix ? Do you think Ferrari has the best car package of the grid ?it was a good race !yeah Ferrari seems strong but its still early in the season

Sucuri

Name
Dang it! I thought this was a break week, I am so screwed! (just got back to the States...)
Pre-Race Interview

Don't know, never raced here and I have just a few hours to practice.

2. How is the relationship with your teammate this year ? Any team work, team orders or each their own stuff ?

piboye is an awesome teammate. His racecraft is miles above mine, and I am learning a lot! No team orders yet, but we get along great so I think its a case by case issue.

3. What do you think about the Chinese Grand Prix ? Do you think Ferrari has the best car package of the grid ?

What a race! Riccardo's overtake on Hamilton was brilliant! It sure looks like Ferrari is the car to beat, but remember Australia? What were they doing? So who knows?!?

piboye

Name
Pre-Race Interview

I have nothing against the track itself, I just don't have the pace here that I do at other tracks.  

We are working really well together (of course, we've only had one race where both of us were there, but we did get 1-2).  We help each other with the setup, I help him with the race strategy and overtaking, and he helps me with having better pace.  I'm sure we will let each other by when it makes sense (different strategy, different pace and a chance for the other to take another position).  But, if Sucuri doesn't have an opportunity to catch the next guy, I'm going to defend with all I got ;).

I think that Ferrari and Mercedes have similar packages and the better car will come on a race by race basis.  I loved the Chinese Grand Prix.  It had a lot of good drama and racing.  I know that one of the F1 2017 special events is going to be "Safety car just came out, you and your team mate pit for fresher tires, can you win with 10 laps to go?"  I just wish that Haas pit under the safety car like everyone else around them (Haas mess up their strategy way too much).

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Bad! I'm 3 sec. of the pace :(  If I manage to get a point here it's gonna be a victory! However, I like the track except the last sector.

Bad! Marco is really bad and don't give me any tips! .... I'm kidding hahaha, the relation is fantastic and we have a lot of fun, that's the important point!

What a GP! Was boring until SC came! Verstappen could have win but he is too aggressive. Ricciardo is a master to overtake! Ferrari has the best car package I think, but it's still early in the season.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
1. How do you feel about this track?
It's not terrible but I really hate that last turn right before the finish line. If you go wide and cross the finish line, you automatically get a 10 second stop and go penalty which I think is bogus. Last year year I saw it gave me a warning and then instantly change to a stop and go penalty in the same instance just because I passed the finish line off the track. Terrible design. Hoping to change that this season.

2. How is the relationship with your teammate this year? Any team work, team orders or each their own stuff?
He's okay I guess :lol: We are close to having the similar skill level but I am slightly better and I more or less make the setups we use. We do encourage each other to do well and just stay in the race but we do try to work together to get us finishing higher. Neither of us is a designated competitor so we don't always give up positions from each other but if one of us is obviously faster, we won't slow the other down. We stayed teammates from last year because our personalities work. It makes my races more enjoyable (at least when I crashed and I'm racing alone). I think we both have more fun when we see the other do well. Thats why I'm here, to have fun and not take it too seriously, my teammate reminds me of that.

3. What do you think about the Chinese Grand Prix? Do you think Ferrari has the best car package of the grid?
I have yet to watch an F1 race this season but I'm still cheering against Ferrari. They are like the Brad Marchand (hockey) of racing. Terrible personalities and oversized egos. I see F1 teams through their drivers, if you have terrible drivers (no matter the skill) you aren't gaining a fan out of me. Humble and charismatic drivers like the Red Bull team, that's my kind of team. Ferrari needs to fail this season and get rid of the one driver who doesn't care anymore and get rid of the ego driven monster who thinks he's entitled to everything.

AtomicTurtle

Name
I will unfortunately have to miss this race as well do to school. I probably wont be back until May 2 after my classes are over. Good luck to everyone in the next couple of races and have fun!

Tron4949

Premium Member
Name
I'm sad to say that I am going to miss this one, I love this track but I'm in America's most awful state, Florida. At least I can try to make the best of it with a spaceX launch if the awful traffic let's me.  Good luck all and I'll see you next week 

kub

Name
>gearbox stuck in 4th gear
>wot
>cant shift up/down
>checking gearbox wear
>5%
>???
>i guess just a bug :)

Which one of you gave me a russian gearbox for this race :thinking:

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
kub said:
>gearbox stuck in 4th gear
>wot
>cant shift up/down
>checking gearbox wear
>5%
>???
>i guess just a bug :)

Which one of you gave me a russian gearbox for this race :thinking:

I stole 3rd this race but I ain't admitting to anything.

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
This race was rifled with issues. I literally had no desire to race on this track during qualifying. I really hope 2018 is polished and works well

DEADZERO

Premium Member
Name
The track itself is cool but the way CM ruined it with penalties is bonkers. If I remember right, I think everybody got at least 1 penalty this race.

Bobino12

Premium Member
Name
DEADZERO said:
The track itself is cool but the way CM ruined it with penalties is bonkers. If I remember right, I think everybody got at least 1 penalty this race.

That's not Codemasters fault if many drivers go too fast into these tight corners. Simply get there, touch the apexes and everything will be fine. I've got some penalties also during the qualif and the race and I know what I did wrong. I never blame Codemasters for any mistakes I do on track.