Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 4: Road America - Full Course (Oct. 10th)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
GT4 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Road America_Full Course.png

Time of day at session start: Sunrise
Practice: 2019-05-15 5:28 am
Qualifying: 2019-05-15 8:28 am
Race: 2019-05-15 8:43 am
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview

1- After a roller coaster ride at Mosport, we head for a much longer lap at Road America!  With 3 significant straights, there is sure to be plenty of passing.  Where are you planning on licking the stamp and sending it?

2- Last week we saw changes to the new tire model, which included tire warmers (yay!) as well as some other tweaks.  How do you feel about the changes so far?

3- After our fill of poutine last week, I need a recommendation.  If I am hanging around in Wisconsin, what should I be sure to try?

ShadowNinjaPug

Premium Member
Name
Raymond Deux
iRacing ID
1. Whenever I see a mailbox on the backside of someones car you can be assured I will lick the stamp and drop it in the mail.
2. I am liking NTMV7 now with the recent patch. I did however, like the cold tires on the 1st few laps and prefer it over tire warmers.
3. You can have the cheese curds I withheld from last week's poutine...something popular in Wisconsin.

Gunner

Organizer
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
1- After a roller coaster ride at Mosport, we head for a much longer lap at Road America!  With 3 significant straights, there is sure to be plenty of passing.  Where are you planning on licking the stamp and sending it?
My thought is if you want the pass to stick, turn 5 is likely the place.  T1 is an easy enough place to have drafted and make the pass, but you are at risk of losing it right back on the straight after turn 3.  Same thing with Canada corner, not much chance to make a gap to break the draft before the main straight. 
2- Last week we saw changes to the new tire model, which included tire warmers (yay!) as well as some other tweaks.  How do you feel about the changes so far?
I really like the new model, but after the recent patch it feels like less of a dramatic change. The tire warmers get rid of the cold tires which personally I am ok with.  The tire degradation is less severe now with the higher minimum pressure, so taking care of the tires may be less important. Time and different tracks will show if this is essential or not. 
3- After our fill of poutine last week, I need a recommendation.  If I am hanging around in Wisconsin, what should I be sure to try?

I don't know much about Wisconsin other than they are "cheese heads". So cheese? I like cheese, but I'm hoping some locals can fuel my fat-guy eating impulses! 

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
will have to miss this one unfortunately will be on vacation. hope you guys have a good race! this is a great track.

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1) I will return all mail to sender

2) made no real difference to me

3) 911 system, so they can get you an ambulance from eating all that poutine

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
T1L1, of course!

I like it so far. Seems like it doesn't get quite so slidey after a few laps, and it recovers better after spinning them or over-driving.

Cheese, I guess...?

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S3
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S3
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. T5 I feel is the safest opportunity and the only one I would really push an issue with. T1 and T12 with the way they sweep, I am normally on the cautious side.

2. I like the warmer change, but a little sad that the wear is not as much as before. Being a slower driver, I guess I liked tires being more of a strategic play and really having an effect on under/overcuts.

3. Deep fried cheese curds. You can thank me from the hospital. Lol

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
I'm not going to race tonight. I've been sick the past few days and I just don't have the energy. See you all next week.

Fmontini

Name
Francisco Montini
iRacing ID
I want to apologize to Kyle. I got distracted and totally lost the braking reference and ruined the race.
I feel very bad about what happened, lately I'm having a bad run in the championship. What I did today I still can't believe it.
Thousand apologies

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Well, after that race management has informed me that I will be transitioning to a new role with Blown Tranny Racing.

I will be driving our big rig hauling the cars to the next round, as well as flying the cargo plane to get us across the pond.

Off I go to uninstall iRacing, and add Flight Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator. Hopefully I can get that right and the team makes it to Australia!

Wingnut

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Kevin Santana
iRacing ID
TRG said:
Well, after that race management has informed me that I will be transitioning to a new role with Blown Tranny Racing.

I will be driving our big rig hauling the cars to the next round, as well as flying the cargo plane to get us across the pond.

Off I go to uninstall iRacing, and add Flight Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator. Hopefully I can get that right and the team makes it to Australia!

Now see you’ve already screwed it up in your new role.  You need Ausi Truck Simulator, not Euro Truck Simulator.  :lol:

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
TRG said:

It's weird they would want you to crash all of the cars and equipment instead of just your car  :?:

:mrgreen:

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Lol, I searched for South American Truck Simulator but apparently it doesn't exist...

Kenny Rodriguez

Organizer
GT3 Sprint Series 2022/S3
Name
Kenneth Rodriguez
iRacing ID
After having had to run the obstacle course 500 feet into the start of last night's race on the start/finish straight, I think the biggest take away that we all can benefit from is that you just can't push these little gems 100% at the green light. But as is so often the case, next week we will have those that are just too dense to get it. SMH!

andyspicer

Name
Andy Spicer
iRacing ID
DeamingPie said:
TRG said:

It's weird they would want you to crash all of the cars and equipment instead of just your car  :?:

:mrgreen:

I would be happy to preside over your check ride. I mean, I can't think of a reason why a "lack of success" driving a car should in any way cause concern for you being PIC of an airplane. Nope. Just out of curiosity, what actual model of airplane is it that you are planning on flying? Asking for a friend.

andyspicer

Name
Andy Spicer
iRacing ID
Hey, good news, I checked the FAA list for you and the telephony designator "BlownTranny" is available! Shocking, I know. So, you can use that along with flight number or designator for your call sign when talking to ATC. The flight number is at your discretion so you could use something like.. BlownTranny Sixty Nine, for example.