Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 4: Nürburgring Grand-Prix-Strecke - Grand Prix (11 Apr)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Nurburgring - GP.png

Time of day: Morning
Practice: 8:05 AM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 11:05 AM (in-game time)
Race: 11:20 AM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 24
Max. Fuel: 35%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview:

1- After a thriller at Monza, we head to Germany for the Nürburgring Grand Prix-Strecke!  While it isn't the full Nordschleife, it still offers good racing and some challenges.  What parts of the track do you find the most difficult?

2- The battle for the championship is very close!  The fight for 2nd in the team championship as well!  What is your strategy to try and stay ahead of your rivals?

3- Ahh, Germany.  Famous for a favorite thing of mine, BEER!  Would you prefer a light and refreshing [font=arial, sans-serif]Kölsch, a tangy Berliner Weisse, or possibly a flavor filled Dunkel?  Please note Bud Light is not an acceptable answer to this question, penalty points may be applied![/font]

eshhh

Name
[ol]
[li]One of my favorite tracks though I have yet to run it in iRacing series yet. Definitely T1 thru T4. Laps are made and broken here and any one of those corners can and will result in some lockups and/or spins this week.[/li]
[li]Consistency and avoiding wrecks.[/li]
[li]Here is one of my local-ish favorites of recent: https://untappd.com/b/naked-dove-brewing-company-banned-in-cologne-kolsch/3074957 I don't mind any of those styles but prefer the general lower ABV of a Kolsch of late.  [/li]
[/ol]

crich88848

Premium Member
Name
Christopher Richards
iRacing ID
1- After a thriller at Monza, we head to Germany for the Nürburgring Grand Prix-Strecke!  While it isn't the full Nordschleife, it still offers good racing and some challenges.  What parts of the track do you find the most difficult?
Getting through the arena is critical.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- The battle for the championship is very close!  The fight for 2nd in the team championship as well!  What is your strategy to try and stay ahead of your rivals?[/font]
Two words... A$$ Ram

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- Ahh, Germany.  Famous for a favorite thing of mine, BEER!  Would you prefer a light and refreshing [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Kölsch, a tangy Berliner Weisse, or possibly a flavor filled Dunkel?  Please note Bud Light is not an acceptable answer to this question, penalty points may be applied![/font]
For a normal night.. rolling rock or PBR will do. If I'm feeling fancy I'll take a Triple karmelet.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
1- After a thriller at Monza, we head to Germany for the Nürburgring Grand Prix-Strecke! While it isn't the full Nordschleife, it still offers good racing and some challenges. What parts of the track do you find the most difficult?

Turn 2 has always given me fits and I have no idea why.

2- The battle for the championship is very close! The fight for 2nd in the team championship as well! What is your strategy to try and stay ahead of your rivals?

Punt them, then wreck them, then make fun of their mother.

3- Ahh, Germany. Famous for a favorite thing of mine, BEER! Would you prefer a light and refreshing Kölsch, a tangy Berliner Weisse, or possibly a flavor filled Dunkel? Please note Bud Light is not an acceptable answer to this question, penalty points may be applied!

If it's not a stout, it's not really worth drinking. Some lesser people prefer a vodka and cranberry, but they are just on their period.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- After a thriller at Monza, we head to Germany for the Nürburgring Grand Prix-Strecke! While it isn't the full Nordschleife, it still offers good racing and some challenges. What parts of the track do you find the most difficult?[/font]
That stupid chicane at the end, it's only single file, you can't use the curbs much, the exit is horrible, and it destroys your rhythm.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- The battle for the championship is very close! The fight for 2nd in the team championship as well! What is your strategy to try and stay ahead of your rivals?[/font]
Strategy? No sticking strategery! Just trying to survive each race and we will see where we are at by seasons end.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3- Ahh, Germany. Famous for a favorite thing of mine, BEER! Would you prefer a light and refreshing Kölsch, a tangy Berliner Weisse, or possibly a flavor filled Dunkel? Please note Bud Light is not an acceptable answer to this question, penalty points may be applied![/font]
Kolsch for me.

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
FYI, unless I'm blind there is no default set for this track. I used the Interlagos set but added some rear wing. Expecting the same tt temps as Monza so definitely needed some help with grip.

Attachments

• Nuber2.sto
    2.8 KB · Views: 4

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
1- I hate this track
2- I hate this track
3- If it ain't dark, I don't drink it. Oh and I hate this track

MattMiles44

Premium Member
Name
Matthew Miles
iRacing ID
This entire track is difficult. It requires patience in some corners, then balls to the wall in others. Hard to balance that while trying to get the best lap you can.

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]2- The battle for the championship is very close!  The fight for 2nd in the team championship as well!  What is your strategy to try and stay ahead of your rivals?[/font]
5th so far and really haven't had any extravagant finishes. 7th is my best finish so far and I'm 5th in points, the math doesn't add up but I'm not complaining. Guess the goal now is to keep being consistent and placing top 10s and see how that does.

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]3- Ahh, Germany.  Famous for a favorite thing of mine, BEER!  Would you prefer a light and refreshing [/font][font=arial,sans-serif]Kölsch, a tangy Berliner Weisse, or possibly a flavor filled Dunkel?  Please note Bud Light is not an acceptable answer to this question, penalty points may be applied![/font]
Hefeweizen. 

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
1- After a thriller at Monza, we head to Germany for the Nürburgring Grand Prix-Strecke! While it isn't the full Nordschleife, it still offers good racing and some challenges. What parts of the track do you find the most difficult?

The arena section takes a lot of discipline and finesse with the pedals. The Bilstein-Kurve can be tricky too. Getting the turn-in just right allows you to carry a lot of speed all the way to the chicane. With the draft you can get in the radicals I expect that to be crucial.

2- The battle for the championship is very close! The fight for 2nd in the team championship as well! What is your strategy to try and stay ahead of your rivals?

I'm just going to try to have a good race and not do anything stupid this week.

3- Ahh, Germany. Famous for a favorite thing of mine, BEER! Would you prefer a light and refreshing Kölsch, a tangy Berliner Weisse, or possibly a flavor filled Dunkel? Please note Bud Light is not an acceptable answer to this question, penalty points may be applied!

I'm a big fan of Oktoberfest Marzens. Paulaner's is very good and so is their Salvator Double Bock.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID

The car feels surprisingly good around here. But the trickiest part for me is setting up the first four turns. They're so tied together that messing up one throws off all the rest of them, so I'm probably losing a lot of time coming out of turn 4 and hitting the straights. The last chicane is also a little difficult so expect me to be braking early into it.

Just trying to keep it on track and seeing where we land once everyone's destroyed their cars. Seems to be the only viable strategy in the Radical.

I prefer wine....but yeah lets go with the Dunkel.

andyspicer

Name
Andy Spicer
iRacing ID
PRL Overlords, I want to inform you that I've changed my iRacing name. I don't know if you have to make a change as a result. I've been meaning to do that since about two weeks after I joined iRacing.. which was a while ago. Anyway, it's now Andy Spicer instead of Andrew Spicer. And no, before anyone asks, no pronoun change, just first name. Thank you, that is all.

Jehdye

Name
I'm going to put up a 2 hour practice sesh up for the late nighters. Just got off work and realized I don't even know the track for tommorow's race LOL. :) :oops: :roll:

Didn't see Eric's session so made another just in case.
SORRY. wrong thread.../faceslap

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Jehdye said:
I'm going to put up a 2 hour practice sesh up for the late nighters. Just got off work and realized I don't even know the track for tommorow's race LOL. :) :oops: :roll:

Didn't see Eric's session so made another just in case.
SORRY. wrong thread.../faceslap

All good.  I only ran mine for two hours last night, so yours filled in the gap nicely.  I think you had more people in yours as well.  

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
1. Not a big fan of the track. In the skippy it was a different story. I struggle most with turn 2 and 4. Just cant seem to get through there well.

2. Wreck em

3. Rolling rock! Everything else is piss water. Well except a couple others lol.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
paulwildridge said:
1. Not a big fan of the track. In the skippy it was a different story. I struggle most with turn 2 and 4. Just cant seem to get through there well.

2. Wreck em

3. Rolling rock! Everything else is p*** water. Well except a couple others lol.

Turns 2-4 are tricky for a couple reasons (IMO).  The "fast line" through 3-4 opens you up to attack, but you can fight back at 5 if you get the better drive.  Finding the right line at the apex of 4 is tricky as well.  You want to be close to the curbing but too much and you hit the bumps, upsetting the car and spinning out.  

I've seen more accidents in 3-4 than turn 1.  At least at 1 there is room to escape, not so much at 3-4.  I fear there is going to be some unintentional punting happening there.  

What I really like about this track are the amount of passing opportunities that can be made safely.  

P.S. Indy car sucks  :mrgreen:

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
DeamingPie said:
paulwildridge said:

2. Wreck em

3. Rolling rock! Everything else is p*** water. Well except a couple others lol.

Turns 2-4 are tricky for a couple reasons (IMO).  The "fast line" through 3-4 opens you up to attack, but you can fight back at 5 if you get the better drive.  Finding the right line at the apex of 4 is tricky as well.  You want to be close to the curbing but too much and you hit the bumps, upsetting the car and spinning out.  

I've seen more accidents in 3-4 than turn 1.  At least at 1 there is room to escape, not so much at 3-4.  I fear there is going to be some unintentional punting happening there.  

What I really like about this track are the amount of passing opportunities that can be made safely.  

P.S. Indy car sucks  :mrgreen:

+1000

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Had a VR problem....don't know why, but I had a big circle in the middle of my screen showing my headset camera, so it was sowing my monitor..really weird...happend sudenly..had a top 10 easy