Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• RaceSpot broadcast information & paints

Hi Guest,

We recently updated the Broadcast information page under league information with the announcement of our new partnership with RaceSpot.

Note that RaceSpot is not using Trading Paints on their broadcast and all members will need to update their paints on RaceSpot.media.

Please consult the Broadcast information page for more details and procedures.

Round 4: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Full Course (July 9)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Mid%20Ohio%20Sports%20Car%20Course_Full%20Course.png

Race Time of day: 2020-07-11 15:40
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 1

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Some early sets to play with for the holiday weekend.

iRacing has improved the baseline setup and it's a lot easier to drive now. With the iRacing baseline I had a 1:24'0, with the MidOhio set I had a 1:23'8, and with the MidOhioR set I had a 1:23'7. Probably a lot more work to do to find the right set to fit your driving needs but there wasn't a whole lot of difference for me between very different sets and the baseline was much safer to drive. If you are struggling switch back to the baseline and start from there. With this track it's all about being consistent and staying off the grass (well that's pretty much true everywhere) and you will be sure to have a great race.

Attachments

• MidOhio.sto
    1.5 KB · Views: 8
  • MidOhioR.sto
    1.5 KB · Views: 9

Wingnut

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S3
Name
Kevin Santana
iRacing ID
mclachlanol said:
Some early sets to play with for the holiday weekend.

iRacing has improved the baseline setup and it's a lot easier to drive now. With the iRacing baseline I had a 1:24'0, with the MidOhio set I had a 1:23'8, and with the MidOhioR set I had a 1:23'7. Probably a lot more work to do to find the right set to fit your driving needs but there wasn't a whole lot of difference for me between very different sets and the baseline was much safer to drive. If you are struggling switch back to the baseline and start from there. With this track it's all about being consistent and staying off the grass (well that's pretty much true everywhere) and you will be sure to have a great race.

Do you happen to recall the track temp?  

mclachlanol

Organizer
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
Paul and I just did a quick run with a 109 track temp. I was able to get down to 1'23.5s with a modified baseline setup. I'm starting to like theat new baseline set a lot more now. I made a couple of adjustments (attached) and it seems pretty stable. Paul was able to get a 1'23.4 with a looser set, so you definitely can gain a little bit of time with a more aggressive set but maybe not a whole lot more (unless you are a super fast driver like Eric and Kenny  ;))

Speaking of track temps, it looks like iRacing has every race for this car at afternoon default (hot track) which to me can be a little annoying. Anyone have any thoughts about mixing it up for the rest of the season?

Attachments

• baseline_V2.sto
    1.5 KB · Views: 13

Threefiver

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
I wouldnt mind mixing up the start times.....is a bit annoying to always run on a hot track

Threefiver

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
What's the fastest lap any of you have turned here? I popped onto the iRacing USF2000 official series server to get some badly needed familiarity/practice. After some laps I managed a 23.8 or so. I decided to look at other's results....the lead guy had only 1 timed lap and it was a 23.0...im still wondering how that is even possible....I could see it after a few laps, tires warmed up, fuel lower...etc. But an outlap and then a 23.0? I apparently have a really long way to go.....*sigh*

Threefiver

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
Im certainly slow but then Ive never been great here for some reason in any type car even though I love the track. This track was 111F and it was his only hotlap...I need at least a couple to even break into the 23s.

Threefiver

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Dave Peterson
iRacing ID
Sorry for the contact Eric. I couldn't initially say anything because i hide the talk button from myself to stay out of trouble. Finally found it and said something and again after the race but got no reply. Not really sure what happened...guess i underestimated your speed up the hill and into that corner. My fault nonetheless and i apologize...hopefully giving you a spot back later will help make up for it.

I started out good but really starting to throw this season away.....frustrating.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
Threefiver said:
Sorry for the contact Eric. I couldn't initially say anything because i hide the talk button from myself to stay out of trouble. Finally found it and said something and again after the race but got no reply. Not really sure what happened...guess i underestimated your shooed up the hill and into that corner. My fault nonetheless and i apologize...hopefully giving you a spot back later will help make up for it.

I started out good but really starting to throw this season away.....frustrating.

No worries Dave.  I came in shallow after the block and had to scrub a little for the left which you probably weren't expecting.  Very much the gentleman for giving the spot back, thank you for that.