Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 4: Long Beach Street Circuit (April 12)

Laughlin

Organizer
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Nick McLaughlin
iRacing ID
Long%20Beach.png
Race Time of day: 2022-04-09 08:10 1x
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 13x, DSQ at 17x
LMP2 Max Fuel: 85%
GT3 Max Fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Exceptionally for this round, everyone must respect the following race start procedure. We will have an organiser acting as race control for this event.

- Both car classes must ignore the iRacing Green Flag
- Approaching the hairpin, all cars must run in a single file. DON'T GO TWO WIDE AT THE HAIRPIN
- After the hairpin, the leader must keep pace car speed in his line even if the pace car enter into the pit
- The leader of EACH class must wait the race control indication saying the grid is completed before starting the race
- Once the race control indicate the field is ready, the race leader is free to start the race whenever he wants between that point and the start/finish line
- Above guideline apply for BOTH classes. So when race control indicate the field is ready for LMP2, IT IS NOT FOR GT3. Once GT3s have passed the hairpin, the race control will indicate when the field is ready and gridded
- Again, all car classes MUST IGNORE IRACING GREEN FLAG. The leader of each class will determine when the race start
- Chief steward will look at the race start after the race and protests may be submitted if needed

Mañana, corremos en Long Beach, Como saben, la última curva (horquilla) es muy cerrada, así que excepcionalmente para esta ronda, se debe respetar el siguiente procedimiento de salida de carrera. Tendremos a un organizador actuando como control de carrera para este evento.

- Ambas clases de coches deben IGNORAR LA BANDERA VERDE de iRacing
- Al acercarse a la horquilla, todos los autos deberan formarse en UNA SOLA FILA
- Después de la horquilla, poleman debe mantener la velocidad del pace car en su línea (incluso si el pace car entra en el pit)
- El líder de CADA clase debe esperar la indicación del control de carrera, quien indicará cuando la parrilla está completa antes de comenzar la carrera
- Una vez que el control de carrera indique que la parrilla está lista, el líder de la carrera es libre de empezar la carrera cuando quiera entre ese punto y la línea de salida/meta
- Las directrices anteriores se aplican a AMBAS clases. Así que cuando el control de carrera indica que la grilla está lista para LMP2, NO ES PARA GT3. Una vez que los GT3 hayan pasado la horquilla, el control de carrera indicará cuando la grilla esta lista.
- De nuevo, todas las clases de coches DEBEN IGNORAR LA BANDERA VERDE DE IRACING. El líder de cada clase determinará el momento de inicio de la carrera
- El jefe de comisarios revisará la salida de la carrera después de la misma y se podrán presentar protestas si el procedimiento no fue respetado.

Last edited by a moderator:

teddywoods72

Premium Member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
I, unfortunately, will be missing this race. I’ll be out of town :/ Best of luck to everyone next week, Long Beach is fun, but annoying lol
I’ll still host a practice session Monday night.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
I, unfortunately, will be missing this race. I’ll be out of town :/ Best of luck to everyone next week, Long Beach is fun, but annoying lol
I’ll still host a practice session Monday night.
Nooooo wanted to try to beat you after I miss time few season ago in the GTE to catch you up!

teddywoods72

Premium Member
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
Nooooo wanted to try to beat you after I miss time few season ago in the GTE to catch you up!
😂 I did a race over the weekend for a different league, and the hairpin requires so much steering lock that my wheel disconnects from the cord being pulled too much lol I come out of the corner and can’t upshift, so, you’d definitely catch me 😂

Laughlin

Organizer
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Nick McLaughlin
iRacing ID
😂 I did a race over the weekend for a different league, and the hairpin requires so much steering lock that my wheel disconnects from the cord being pulled too much lol I come out of the corner and can’t upshift, so, you’d definitely catch me 😂
Oof this happened to me a few seasons ago at RBR but I didn't know what was causing it mid race it just kept disconnecting lol

millenix

Organizer
Name
JR Williams
iRacing ID
Folks, with the hot mess that the final turn is for the race start I wanted to get some feedback.

We can run it as is, and if there is a traffic jam it is what it is... we can force single file until the front straight, or GT3s can ignore green until the front stretch (maybe GT3 leader starts at pit entry) so we aren't piling in 2 wide into the final turn.

Happy to hear feedback, I think single file is the easiest to manage but I want to get thoughts. Whatever is decided will be announced in the pre-race briefing, and failure to follow will result in a penalty.

teddywoods72

Premium Member
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
Folks, with the hot mess that the final turn is for the race start I wanted to get some feedback.

We can run it as is, and if there is a traffic jam it is what it is... we can force single file until the front straight, or GT3s can ignore green until the front stretch (maybe GT3 leader starts at pit entry) so we aren't piling in 2 wide into the final turn.

Happy to hear feedback, I think single file is the easiest to manage but I want to get thoughts. Whatever is decided will be announced in the pre-race briefing, and failure to follow will result in a penalty.
I think waiting for all GT3s to clear the corner is best, no matter how you go about it.

teddywoods72

Premium Member
Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
HosTed session is scheduled to launch, Monday @ 7PM ET.
Length: 5 Hours.
Starting State: 50% Usage
Static Conditions.

La sesión está programada para iniciarse el lunes a las 7 p.m. ET.
Duración: 5 horas.
Estado inicial de la pista: 50% de uso
Condiciones estáticas.
1649441677212.png

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
@LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2 VERY IMPORTANT TO READ!

Tomorrow, we are racing at Long Beach, yes Long Beach!! As you all know, the last corner (hairpin) is very tight, So exceptionally for this round, everyone must respect the following race start procedure. We will have an organiser acting as race control for this event.

- Approaching the hairpin, all cars must run in a single file. DON'T GO TWO WIDE AT THE HAIRPIN
- After the hairpin, the leader must keep pace car speed in his line even if the pace car enter into the pit
- The leader of EACH class must wait the race control indication saying the grid is completed before starting the race
- Once the race control indicate the field is ready, the race leader is free to start the race whenever he wants between that point and the start/finish line
- Above guideline apply for BOTH classes. So when race control indicate the field is ready for LMP2, IT IS NOT FOR GT3. Once GT3s have passed the hairpin, the race control will indicate when the field is ready and gridded
- Again, all car classes MUST IGNORE IRACING GREEN FLAG. The leader of each class will determine when the race start
- Chief steward will look at the race start after the race and protests may be submitted if needed

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
@LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2 VERY IMPORTANT TO READ!

Tomorrow, we are racing at Long Beach, yes Long Beach!! As you all know, the last corner (hairpin) is very tight, So exceptionally for this round, everyone must respect the following race start procedure. We will have an organiser acting as race control for this event.

Mañana, corremos en Long Beach, Como saben, la última curva (horquilla) es muy cerrada, así que excepcionalmente para esta ronda, se debe respetar el siguiente procedimiento de salida de carrera. Tendremos a un organizador actuando como control de carrera para este evento.

- Ambas clases de coches deben IGNORAR LA BANDERA VERDE de iRacing
- Al acercarse a la horquilla, todos los autos deberan formarse en UNA SOLA FILA
- Después de la horquilla, poleman debe mantener la velocidad del pace car en su línea (incluso si el pace car entra en el pit)
- El líder de CADA clase debe esperar la indicación del control de carrera, quien indicará cuando la parrilla está completa antes de comenzar la carrera
- Una vez que el control de carrera indique que la parrilla está lista, el líder de la carrera es libre de empezar la carrera cuando quiera entre ese punto y la línea de salida/meta
- Las directrices anteriores se aplican a AMBAS clases. Así que cuando el control de carrera indica que la grilla está lista para LMP2, NO ES PARA GT3. Una vez que los GT3 hayan pasado la horquilla, el control de carrera indicará cuando la grilla esta lista.
- De nuevo, todas las clases de coches DEBEN IGNORAR LA BANDERA VERDE DE IRACING. El líder de cada clase determinará el momento de inicio de la carrera
- El jefe de comisarios revisará la salida de la carrera después de la misma y se podrán presentar protestas si el procedimiento no fue respetado.

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
LMP2 I'm very sorry, I hit the wrong button when calling the grid was complete. However, you guys did a fantastic job on that start!! Very clean!

GT3 also, very good job, it was very clean at the start!

Kaynor

Premium Member
Name
Kaven Norris
iRacing ID
I really don't understand why Quero did multiple pass on GT3 at the Hairpin... I mean, Gt3's are faster there.

anyway, have to forget this race :(

Last edited:

rrusso

Premium Member
Name
Rafael Russo
iRacing ID
I really don't understand why Quero did multiple pass on GT3 at the Hairpin... I mean, Gt3's are faster there.

anyway, have to forget this race :(

It's an endless discussion my friend 😅

Congrats all...even with 6 min opt repair due to a nice lmp move and a lot of netcode...i survive...only 4x....

Really hard track for the Porsche...no pace at all

millenix

Organizer
Name
JR Williams
iRacing ID
It's an endless discussion my friend 😅

Congrats all...even with 6 min opt repair due to a nice lmp move and a lot of netcode...i survive...only 4x....

Really hard track for the Porsche...no pace at all
I raced the Porsche the last 2 seasons, it really struggles on street courses. It should do decently the rest of the season with exception of maybe Homestead, that may be a tough one for you also if I remember right.

Modoff

Name
Carl Modoff
iRacing ID
Sorry about the start from my end guys, I was so ready for Jerome to say green, that when the green lights popped up I floored it lol, then I realized I messed up so I lifted, then I noticed we were at the start finish already so I went again. Anyways it was a bit confusing and I didn’t mean to go stop then go again. See y’all next week. Congrats to the winners

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Sorry about the start from my end guys, I was so ready for Jerome to say green, that when the green lights popped up I floored it lol, then I realized I messed up so I lifted, then I noticed we were at the start finish already so I went again. Anyways it was a bit confusing and I didn’t mean to go stop then go again. See y’all next week. Congrats to the winners
Not your fault at all Carl! We will surely not redo that start procedure in the future! Lesson learned!