Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 4: Long Beach Street Circuit (Apr 13)

westracing01

Full Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
I knew if I got Discord I'd drive like an idiot.

Congrats to the podium!

That was hot garbage. All my own fault. Threw it away so many times. Don was definitely faster and no one was more surprised than I was with that pole. I'll take P6 and get out of here. Might've had pace to hang onto the podium without the grocery list of mistakes. Definitely needed to do a lot more practice than I did for this joint. Car wasn't bad, but Tom Cope was lightening fast at the end of that.

Actually... I take that back... It was WAY too on edge basically the whole race. Good for one or two laps, but I knew I was in trouble when I crashed it twice before I got one qualifying lap in.

Full Name
Patrick Arsenault
iRacing ID
Big sorry to everyone at the start especially Patrick Arseneau black screen from oculus saying that my link just crashed i can assure you that i was hitting my tow button so hard but i was seeing absolutely nothing!! When it came back i still in front of you so frustrating and sorry again to everyone involved!
No worries Philippe, it was like waiting at a drive thru of a McDonald's :ROFLMAO:

But it's ok, I understand the little game now, you, Vincent Trépanier are trying to slow me down it's all right ! lol

It is really nice racing with you guys, looking for next week!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran (1).png
    Capture d’écran (1).png
    5.7 MB · Views: 8

Fishhooks

Full Name
Ben Laughter
iRacing ID
Sorry to Luiz for tagging you in the hairpin. Not sure what caught me out that time through. Just close and on slightly different lines I suppose.

Magnan431

Premium Member
Full Name
Philippe Magnan
iRacing ID
No worries Philippe, it was like waiting at a drive thru of a McDonald's :ROFLMAO:

But it's ok, I understand the little game now, you, Vincent Trépanier are trying to slow me down it's all right ! lol

It is really nice racing with you guys, looking for next week
Cant believe this !!! Having a lot of issue with quest 2 and really thinking about changing it !

rrusso

Premium Member
Full Name
Rafael Russo
iRacing ID
That's the fun of races...by "default" I do a manual fuel calculation and as support i open chief and racelabs for the race...to see how much fuel each will suggest

Today I forgot to open both haha...result: 1 liter less of fuel and loose the p2 and also p3 at last corner....

Despite of that it was a fun race...amazing track my first race ever there in iRacing... That p2 didn't deserve to me haha...so p4 is not that bad at all

Unfortunately we wont have Glen next week, one of my favourite tracks...so let's see what will be possible to do at Catalunya

Congrats all for the race and specially the winners!

Full Name
Patrick Arsenault
iRacing ID
Big sorry to everyone at the start especially Patrick Arseneau black screen from oculus saying that my link just crashed i can assure you that i was hitting my tow button so hard but i was seeing absolutely nothing!! When it came back i still in front of you so frustrating and sorry again to everyone
Cant believe this !!! Having a lot of issue with quest 2 and really thinking about changing it !
Yeah for sure it’s not cool at all ha ont issues like this. Hope everything will be fine for you for next week

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Great race everyone! From the back field it was very clean race! Good job to LMP2 also for being patient!!

teddywoods72 I was catching ya!!! :p Wish we could have another 10 laps!

Magnan431

Premium Member
Full Name
Philippe Magnan
iRacing ID
I said especially Patrick Arsenau cause i rage quit 2 curve later having to many glitch so i was not thinking i haved ruined so many guys race!! This picture talk by itself hope you guys have some fun instead of this false start!

teddywoods72

Premium Member
Full Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
Great race everyone! From the back field it was very clean race! Good job to LMP2 also for being patient!!

teddywoods72 I was catching ya!!! :p Wish we could have another 10 laps!
LOL I ate the wall about 20 minutes in and was just limping home the last 5 minutes. I looked at the relative and said: Jérôme might get me lol

westracing01

Full Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
I crashed the damn thing twice, out braked myself twice, car missed a downshift at least 5 times, threw it sideways locking the rears at least 3 times...

Ugh... I really do like the track though. I'm kicking myself because of my mistakes. Don put a good move on me and I think Rafael would've too, but if I had just settled down and gone 9/10's I'd have been fine. Might've salvaged P5 if I could've gotten my head out of my backside and just tucked in behind Thomas instead of panicking and throwing it down the inside at the hairpin. That was so stupid. I'm glad I didn't screw Tom with that one.

It's one thing when you get taken out, that sucks. But it's so much worse when you make the mistakes yourself and can't blame anyone else. For a grand total of about 2 hours around there, I think I had OK pace, but I definitely didn't have enough laps to know when I could push and when I couldn't.

I mean, for the adventure of idiocy that race was on my part, I should thank my lucky starts for P6.

dsquirek

Premium Member
Full Name
Don Squirek
iRacing ID
One of these days I'll get quali right lol.

I've got to say it made for a very exciting battle the first few laps. Credit to Ross for once again keeping it a close but clean fight!

Also good headwork by the lmp2 drivers, all the usual multi class issues weren't any worse than anywhere else, and in fact it seemed everyone was on better behavior than normalprlrd4p5.pngprlrd4p2.pngprlrd4p4.pngprlrd4p1.png