Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 4: Long Beach Street Circuit (Apr 13)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
Full Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID

Race Time of day: 2021-04-10 14:15 1x
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 10x, DSQ at 15x
Max Fuel: 90% for LMP2, 55% for GTE
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Last edited:

DoubleDelta

Premium Member
Full Name
David Duino
iRacing ID
Are y'all sure you want to run this track? This is brutal so far in imsa races. I am fine to run it, but it will probably be a wreckfest.

TCRacing4x

Full Name
Thomas Cope
iRacing ID
It needs to be driven more carefully in my eyes. You can not go 2 wide in any of the corners in my opinion and there’s plenty of straights for LMP2’s to pass without diving into a corner. It definitely won’t be a pretty race to be apart of but if we all agree to work together we can actually have a race and keep all the cars as clean as possible

westracing01

Full Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
Run it as a non-points race but don't forgo the drop round.

So, if you have a good race, cool, just no points. If you have a bad race, no big deal either but it would still count as a drop. Wins, poles, top 5's, etc. all still count towards a tie-breaker.

Or, we all practice a little patience and drive like we are capable of doing. Doesn't matter if you're front of the field or back, everyone in this league is capable of driving within their own limits and not doing something silly. Ratchet the aggression level down a peg and we'll be OK.

Paulowsky21

Premium Member
Full Name
Paulo Munoz
iRacing ID
I agree with the start zone idea. If only a single file start is issued, the green flag comes so early that the leader gets an unfair advantage and causes chaos towards the back of the field.

teddywoods72

Premium Member
Full Name
Ted Loewendick
iRacing ID
HosTed session is scheduled to launch, Monday @ 7PM ET.
Length: 5 Hours.
Starting State: 50% Usage
Static Conditions.

La sesión está programada para iniciarse el lunes a las 7 p.m. ET.
Duración: 5 horas.
Estado inicial de la pista: 50% de uso
Condiciones estáticas.
1618204361692.png

arnaudgenest

Organizer
Full Name
Arnaud Genest
iRacing ID
I've done a couple of races this week and here are my insights :

-> Single file at start works ONLY if everyone complies. (I've seen dive bombs and taking advantage)
-> Passing is virtually impossible unless for major mistake in the same class (Undercut is the only viable choice)
-> Traffic management is key
-> Both straights are the obvious choice for passing for the LMP2
-> Can't do a "no stop" race
-> Using the runoff areas if lockin' up
-> It's safer AND faster towing if spinning off or wrecking in any sector

westracing01

Full Name
Michael Ross
iRacing ID
I am very interested to see how the practice tonight goes. I sat down to do some testing to get a roughed in setup. Surprised me to find that SimXperience had a cloud profile for the Ford here so that a was nice bonus.

That last hairpin is murder on my wrist. Old sim injury from a crash at the Ring a couple years ago. No lie. Hammered the wall at 140+ and didn't get my hands off the wheel quick enough.

I actually like the track. Has a nice flow to it. Don't think I have a lot of pace here though and I would've rather swapped Watkins Glen for here and then picked up the schedule afterward, but it is what it is. Play the cards we're dealt.

Magnan431

Premium Member
Full Name
Philippe Magnan
iRacing ID
Big sorry to everyone at the start especially Patrick Arseneau black screen from oculus saying that my link just crashed i can assure you that i was hitting my tow button so hard but i was seeing absolutely nothing!! When it came back i still in front of you so frustrating and sorry again to everyone involved!