Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 4: Italy - Autodromo Nazionale Monza (24May17 @ 8pm BST)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member

Harvey12

cant wait to race with you for the first time guys! :) of course, unless jetzekoper comes to race, well, Ill be there, waiting, see you!

Veoxic

My second favourite track. Decent qualifying. Start was okay. Had a little love tap in t1 which gave me some damage so pitted 2 laps early. Drove 2 more laps and started making my way up the field. Got some nice passes in. Unfortunately came out on 2nd sector straight very well and was going to be passed xaiden before the DRS would have opened. I don't know if he touched grass or something but while side by side with him I just got slammed into the wall and got written off. Really a pity. Would have loved fighting the field on this one

Xaidenb29

Veoxic said:
My second favourite track. Decent qualifying. Start was okay. Had a little love tap in t1 which gave me some damage so pitted 2 laps early. Drove 2 more laps and started making my way up the field. Got some nice passes in. Unfortunately came out on 2nd sector straight very well and was going to be passed xaiden before the DRS would have opened. I don't know if he touched grass or something but while side by side with him I just got slammed into the wall and got written off. Really a pity. Would have loved fighting the field on this one

yeah i am sorry veoxic i had damage and my car hit the grass i couldn't do anything about it from the on i am really sorry about that.
As for my race i had a great start and was up to p10 by the end of the first lap from last had a good first stint got damage on the second and it went downhill form there really ended up finishing p12 which wasn't too bad considering where i started

Harvey12

well i am here to post my post-race interview as this was my first real championship race ever! first of all, cheers to the guy that left after the race with a message "sorry for being sh*t", you made my day :D
the beginning of the race was bad, i was playing for the first time on wheel and i tried to brake as much as i could in the first corner and I was successful, but the guy in front of me suddenly almost stopped and I damaged my front wing. being a gladiator i continued without boxing for a new one lol. the race was going good and then my first pitstop came aaaand I screwed up braking and ended up getting a drive-through penalty for not being slow enough in the pitstop entry. during the pit while my mechanics were changing the tires, i was swapping my wheel for a xbox controller :D i decided to go back to what I am used to play with. it got tremendously more entertaining for me from that moment and I even caught the car in front of me (18th)..we had couple of fights it was awesome and then, in the second "S" turn (or how to call it) he went a bit off track and I thought yeah ill just pass him but naturally he wanted to get to the track back asap and i didnt expect that (my fault not expecting it) and as he crossed my way i ended up crashing into his side and started to spin like a ferris wheel, i let couple of cars pass and i returned to the track. i swear my teammate passed me like 3 times throughout the whole race lol, nevermind I was 35 seconds behind the car in front of me and the only cars behind were the commentators! 5 laps till the end and I looked back if the cars from the front are already near me so I can let them pass and boy I chose the worst time ever, it was right before a slight turn and my car decided not to let me race anymore and went straight to the wall and my front right tire left me for good. awesome race 10/10 i loved it! I loved racing with the first three cars even though I was lap behind and I loved the feeling of getting the blue flag, like for real, it was a great experience and I hope Ill be able to race again! my result was so bad and itw as both amazing and frustrating, but I enjoyed every second of it and i wanna thank you all for the race! and sorry if I put someone in danger or hit someone, i did my best not to. THANKS! <3

ztikes

Well where shall I start..
From having a dissapointing qualifying at one of my most favourite tracks I started from P14, got a decent start and avoided damage through T1 where I was in the top 10. Nothing really happened for about 10 laps were I was running with 5 second gaps with the car in front and behind, I pitted and came out a few seconds behind a train of 3 cars which I caught up to pretty quickly. They all pitted and on lap 16 Sala was catching me, I decided to let him go on the pit straight since I was on older tyres, he locks up through T1 and cuts the chicane, I was just about to overtake but he decided to block me and make me brake as we almost touched. I was forced out on the grass and lost a bunch of time and a points position was out of sight. A collision like this can so easily be avoided in my opinion..
Nothing else really happened after that and I finished P11.

ENiGMA

My after action report :

I had a decent qualifying – coming in at p8 on softs. I was going on the softs as I had planned to do a potential one-stop or a two stop. I had planned to go on the softs for around 10 laps, then on mediums and maybe on the super softs.

At the start I made a really clumsy error and drove into the back of a ferrari. Dunno what I was thinking but I just coasted into him without braking. I pitted for a set of softs and was thinking to push them for as long as I could. I drove for about eight laps without anything really happening. I was just focusing on driving as quick and safe as possible. I pitted for mediums on lap 12.

Roundabout lap 14 I was very surprised to see that my team mate had pitted for softs (from mediums, also to the top right it said they were softs, but the wheels on the car showed up as red supersofts, so I'm not sure which they were.) At this point I was thinking I was gonna use him as a tow for the next ten or so laps. I was also saving quite a bit of fuel.

At about lap 20 I decided that I was gonna go to the end of the race on the mediums. Three laps later, I was noticing that my teammate was starting to struggle on his tyres, so I overtook him. Also to give him a tow and a bit of DRS. I was only able to give him drs for a few laps, and unfortunatley he had some contact with EstCube and spun. At lap 26, my tyres were at 75 %. The dreaded 'your tyres might explode – zone'. I wasn't really caring about P2 at this point, but more about keeping my tyres alive. Estcube was able to overtake me for P2, so I finished in P3.

All in all, a great recovery drive from having my wing broken in the first lap. Also huge thanks to my teammate. He practically saved my race with that tow <3

Ciniak

ENiGMA said:
All in all, a great recovery drive from having my wing broken in the first lap. Also huge thanks to my teammate. He practically saved my race with that tow <3

Thats what teammates are for!  ;) also I actually was on Softs (Yellow Tyres) I don't know why it showed otherwise for some people, must've been a visual bug.

Report:
As i hadn't played for like 2 weeks because of a hand injury I had no idea what my pace would be like and surprisingly I managed to get 4th place in quali only 0.4 seconds of the pole time so I was really happy to see my pace was actually pretty good.

In preperation for race starts I had been looking at videos on youtube to see how no-assist users start the race because I always struggle with traction as the red lights go out. This actually massively helped me and gave me an absolute perfect rocket start off the line going to the outside of Millix. Sadly enough the track was getting tighter and had to lift and slot back into 4th as I didn't want to end up in the grass. Then in the second chicane 3rd and 2nd battled and touched so I managed to slip by them into 2nd place and cruised in 2nd place for quite a while.

After that being the stupid person I am I actually LISTENED to Jeff  :evil: (screw Jeff!) and pitted too early from medium onto the softs. nontheless I tried to drive as smoothly as possible to see if I could make my tyres run towards the end and with my teammate behind me we were able to tow each other and help both of us save our tyres. unfortunately it wasn't enough for me and my tyres hit 80% in the 25th lap as EstCube passed me going into ascari on fresher tyres and the moment i hit the kerbs my rear tyres just couldn't handle it and i went into a 180 spin into the right side wall. 

Luckily I managed to keep my car alive and didn't get a puncture either but to prevent a puncture I decided to pit for a new set of tyres anyway at the end of lap 25. Then coming back out before turn 5 and 6 there was a lone Sauber of who was a lap behind in front of me and didn't want to lift off between turn 5 and 6 to let me past (I don't know why because there was nobody else nearby but i guess he didn't know exactly where would be the best spot to let me past) and cost me at least a second on that lap as I went past chasing for dnxtrage for 7th position. At the end of the last lap on the back straight i managed to get right behind him trying to overtake him going out of the parabolica being side by side literally almost perfectly next to each other over the line but barely not making it into 7th for a 8th place finish.

Overall I am pretty happy because I didn't expect to be contending for points after not having been able to play prior to this race. Too bad though that Jeff hates me and i am stupid enough to fall for his tricks though :p

Lots of compliments to all the drivers I've raced with. I enjoyed every single battle I had a ton and it seems I hit the Jackpot for possibly the best teammate for the rest of the season. :)

SamsterHam

Now I've finally recovered from last night I feel I can finally post an AAR of an INTENSE race! Qualified P5, I think, and had a something first few laps. I say something because I was P8 or 9 coming out of the chicane and couple of laps later I was in the battle for 3rd! Had with those guys for the rest of the stint, ending up in 2nd during the stops before going wide at the second Lesmo and losing a few seconds on Estcube and having to pit at the end of the lap (which I was going to do a lap or so before but I was having too much fun battling).

Next stint was fairly uneventful, only passing the 2 Toro Rosso's who I assume we're on a different strategy. However a couple of laps after I passed them, I pushed too hard through Ascari and just clipped my rear right on the gravel and got into a spin that ended with me losing my front wing in the wall, thanks to Veoxic for jinxing me, by the way. Luckily I was close to the pits and followed Yarm into the pit lane, but he slowed down really early so I accidentally tried a Vettel and passed him into the pit entrance. Had to change my wing though so didn't manage to keep the place.

After that not much happened and everything good from my race can be seen on Mu11man's broadcast. All in all, a good race but a disappointing result however I feel after yesterday's race that I have the pace to challenge in the races in the future and my favourite track's up next, so let's see what this season could bring!! :D

yarmolenko9

Not a bad qualification, then a great race, although after the start it did not seem so)
At the first turn, accidentally broke the front wing, then pulled to the pit stop and wasted time. Then a good pace and a great fight with many racers.
Once in the fight, the first turn on braking flew, but then, due to respect, missed the rivals forward ...
In general, a good result and finally I enjoyed the race.
[youtube]VbqMGhe1DQo[/youtube]

kxz

i ran out of fuel in Qualifying. and then broke my wing in the first cornor so i had to pit and ruin my first race :(

salatoimikud

Short report: Made 3 pitstops and i think it costs few positsions because almost everyone else made 2. 

But start was good, fight for position first few laps, at the end of first lap, 3 cars side by side :p (4:30 @ video)
Then i had little mistake and i was enough luck to not finish my race @ the wall. (8:30 in video)
Made piststop, changed also broken front wing, after that cached some slower guys and got again broken front wing :D
Also i dont know what the hell ztikes writing, i didnt push him anywhere in lap 16 :roll: (25:40 in video). My tires wasnt best anymore so my breaking went too wide, got back to the track, made one little trajector change to the left, but between me and grass was enough space for a car and even more. Sorry but i dont see where i pushed you out of track and where you lost position thanks for this. You was behind me whole lap 16.

But anyways, was intresting race :)

[youtube]0C3ILroOlkI[/youtube]

ztikes

salatoimikud said:
Also i dont know what the hell ztikes writing, i didnt push him anywhere in lap 16 :roll: (25:40 in video). My tires wasnt best anymore so my breaking went too wide, got back to the track, made one little trajector change to the left, but between me and grass was enough space for a car and even more. Sorry but i dont see where i pushed you out of track and where you lost position thanks for this. You was behind me whole lap 16.

Well as you can clearly see you swerved to the left whilst starting to accelerate, I was just beside your rear-left tyre as you punted me which made me loose all my momentum when I was going for a move and my tyres caught the grass which was pretty much game over and I lost a bunch of time. So my front tyres were in front of your rear tyres and then the swerve came. Shame you didn't check your mirrors there as that could have been avoided. You can also see the arrow of my car on your recording which was pretty clear. Yes and I was behind you the whole lap since I lost so much time and I was on a slower compound..
I sadly couldn't record since it was eating up all my GPU..

CrystalCatcha

I was very disappointed not to get pts for the first time this season after a great and enjoyable start to my first league season. Got caught between like 3-4 cars on turn 1 and spun out, two orange wings, leaving turn 1 in last despite qualifying 9th. Tried to claw my way back through the grid and at one point sat in 11th but due to a couple new guys not leaving much room to pass I kept getting thrown off the track when making reasonable attempts to pass. Also had a minor run-in with xaiden but it was a racing incident no one at fault, which basically ended my hopes for a points finish. Great to have a full grid though and looking forward to trying to get back in the points again next time around at my home grand prix where I hopefully will avoid any carnage on the opening lap! :p

Welcome to the new guys and looking forward to silverstone! :)