Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 4: Detroit Grand Prix at Belle Isle - Belle Isle (Oct 15)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Belle_Isle.png

Race Time of day: 2020-10-17 09:50 1x
Race Length: xxx laps (55 minutes)
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0
Restart Type: Single-file Back
Automatic Full Course Yellows: Enabled
Wave Arounds: Enabled
Enable "Lucky Dog" Rule: Disabled

mbroomo

Organizer
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Mike Broomhead
iRacing ID
Is this race supposed to have auto yellows?
I just think after the poor green flag showing that was Phoenix, yellows may be a bad idea especially on a long street circuit which is hard enough on warm tires as it is.
Anyone else think this wouldn't work well?
Up to you admin of course, just my opinion.
Either way I'm enjoying racing with you all.

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
For all road courses the yellows are "local" only. So a yellow flag may be out for a sector if a car is slow or stopped,but we will never see a safety car. The walls are close ,and I can hear them calling my name already!

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Gunner said:
For all road courses the yellows are "local" only.  So a yellow flag may be out for a sector if a car is slow or stopped,but we will never see a safety car.  The walls are close ,and I can hear them calling my name already!

Ran some last night at Da'Troux, and man, oh man.  Gonna be interesting to say the least.

gif-rana-gustavo-7.gif

My best time with no setup on the car was a 1:26.5 - the fast guys in the room were in the low 1:23's ... :shock:

mclachlanol

Organizer
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Owen McLachlan
iRacing ID
This is all I got so far, best lap is a 1:24.3 with race fuel. Might be able to get to the 1:23s with some more practice. Going fast isn't really important here though, avoiding the walls is all that matters!

Attachments

• Owen_Detroit_R1.sto
    1.6 KB · Views: 2

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Me driving the speed limit behind Barry waiting for him to hit a wall:

Attachments

• 5FFEEF69-BEBE-4D0E-930B-E6BB732664D6.gif
    5FFEEF69-BEBE-4D0E-930B-E6BB732664D6.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 66

barryf1fan

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Barry Cochrane
iRacing ID
Ran a bunch more practice last night and two of the races... Little more comfortable now, and can do consistent times.  They're slow when consistent, but managed a 1:24 - albeit in practice and not a care in the world about ripping the car apart from the evil walls. 
1st race was in 4th ( :shock: ) and 3rd bins it at Turn 6, good for me.  So a lap later, I notice I've taken a second out of 2nd place (being an idiot, and not realizing that this guy qualified with a 2.5 second time better than mine) and think, "a'ight, we can do this."  the very next lap I spin at Turn 5 and rip the left side of the car off.

OwmP.gif

Race 2, Qualified 5th and managed a 3rd with 0 incidents. 
I'm kinda looking forward to this one. . . . . and kinda not. :lol:

bonaduce

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Barnett
iRacing ID
CajunGrit said:
Me driving the speed limit behind Barry waiting for him to hit a wall:

I thought that was you looking through the window at BTR

Reactions: TRG

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
I'm no expert so I probably shouldn't be giving advice, but I will anyway. Number 1 thing is to keep your eyes focused as far down the track as possible. It sounds like "duh" kind of thing but it makes a huge difference. Last night I forgot that little fundamental and it tacked over a second onto my times from my first practice session. It can feel a little scary to look far down the track when you are approaching a massive curb at the apex or a wall on exit, but your peripheral vision is enough to keep you away from them. You'll find you can sense the car rotating earlier and can correct more easily. You have to give your brain time to process what's coming and focus on where you want the car to go. Give it a try. I hope it helps.

Gunner

Organizer
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Matthew Gunderson
iRacing ID
Robert Besaw Jr., really sorry. That wasn't an attempted divebomb, I locked my brakes pretty bad and was trying to avoid you. Poor excuse, but I want you to know it wasn't a bonehead pass attempt, just me running out of talent.

thesavvyninja

Name
Aaron Roufs
iRacing ID
what a massive disappointment this race was. I had pace all week. Won a race earlier today here, and I end up taking the bait on a crappy dive bomb indication and lock the brakes on lap 2. I wont name names, but I thought that move at that particular point of the track when everyone in front and behind us is in line was dirty. I can't protest it, because well technically the person didn't wreck me. I thought the sportsmanship of the move was extremely poor taste.