Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 4 - Circuit of the Americas - Grand Prix (July 18)

TRG

Director
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
Tyler Gore
iRacing ID
Circuit%20of%20the%20Americas%20-%20GP.png

Time of day: Noon
Practice: 12:00 PM (in-game time)
Qualifying: 3:00 PM (in-game time)
Race: 3:15 PM (in-game time)
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: 20
Max. Fuel: 50%
Start: Standing
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-Race Interview:

1- After a battle of attrition at Mosport, we are headed to the more forgiving COTA! This track offers more passing opportunities, but some love it and some hate it. Which side are you on? 

2- Three rounds in and with a large field, there has been plenty of great battles happening all throughout the field. Who have you found yourself having a good fight with so far? 

3-  We are all speed demons on the track, but what about real life? How fast have you gone on 4 (or 2) wheels? Bonus - tell us about the time you got caught doing it! 

Mark Phile

Premium Member
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S3
GT3 Fixed Series 2022/S4
Name
Mark Phile
iRacing ID
Unfortunately i will be out of town for this race, see everyone in 2 weeks.

CajunGrit

Manager
Staff member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
David Hebert
iRacing ID
Mark Phile said:
Unfortunately i will be out of town for this race, see everyone in 2 weeks.

That makes two of us. I’ll be in Colorado, but best of luck to everyone and I’ll be back for Mount Panorama. I’ll be sure to wave to you all as i pass all the cars who have crashed into the barriers

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
1- After a battle of attrition at Mosport, we are headed to the more forgiving COTA! This track offers more passing opportunities, but some love it and some hate it. Which side are you on? 
I love CotA! As an F1 fan it's my home GP and the only place in which I scored a hat trick of pole, win and fast lap in the PRL APSC league. In iRacing I have not raced it, but I expect the F3 to be a fun car to drive here and should offer some excellent passing opportunities.

2- Three rounds in and with a large field, there has been plenty of great battles happening all throughout the field. Who have you found yourself having a good fight with so far? 
I had a fantastic battle with Jay Steffy in round 1. Since then I have been too busy crashing myself to remember :(

3-  We are all speed demons on the track, but what about real life? How fast have you gone on 4 (or 2) wheels? Bonus - tell us about the time you got caught doing it! 
I was a passenger in a Porsche that was doing 150 on the highway blasting Mozart when I was young. Was going to the shooting range with my awesome neighbor and still remember the experience. Fastest I have driven was 115 driving back from California. Unfortunately that trip I was clocked doing 105 by the California highway patrol who pulled me over and gave me a ticket. I was driving a rental Dodge Charger. Only real life track experience I have was on a dirt bike at our local MotoX track Canyon Raceway.

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1- After a battle of attrition at Mosport, we are headed to the more forgiving COTA! This track offers more passing opportunities, but some love it and some hate it. Which side are you on? [/font]
I like COTA, but I can see why some people do not. It's a technical course and has a lot of blind corners, or at least corners that are tough for sim racers with a single monitor. In VR this track feels a lot different, and for the better. You really get the feel of the elevation change and can see markers that are outside the FOV of single monitor, and maybe even some triple screen guys. I also enjoy the challenge of finding a good line through some of these corner complexes. The prioritization can change depending on the car you are driving so it takes some thought and experimentation. The F3 is really fun here though. With high DF you can really attack some of the turns that would require caution in other cars. I also admit there's some blind patriotism involved. This is America's F1 track, after all.  

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2- Three rounds in and with a large field, there has been plenty of great battles happening all throughout the field. Who have you found yourself having a good fight with so far? [/font]
I know I've had some battles, but I can't remember who they were with. I do tend to end up between packs a lot.

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3-  We are all speed demons on the track, but what about real life? How fast have you gone on 4 (or 2) wheels? Bonus - tell us about the time you got caught doing it.[/font]
I had an 06 STi with some subtle work done to it. I buried the needle a few times so I know I hit at least 155-160 in it, but the most memorable was doing 140-ish while it was snowing. Empty "private road" late at night and the flakes had just started falling, so no accumulation on the ground. It was like going to light speed in the movies with the snow whipping past out of the dark. It wasn't a high top end car, but it got there pretty quickly. 
Man, I miss that thing...  :(

Miker9253

Premium Member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S3
Name
Mike Richter
iRacing ID
Dany and Charles and whoever else involved on Lap one incident in the Esses....

Definatly was not expecting Webb to get sideways after turtleing, I couldnt even see it until I crested under the bridge.

I'll own my part, sorry!

We've all not had the best luck this season and I was looking forward to racing with you guys!

GodSPEEED!

TheGreatC81

Premium Member
Formula 4 Series 2022/S3
Formula 4 Series 2022/S4
Name
David Cristelli
iRacing ID
Just wanted to say it was awesome battling with Kita in the first half and Wildridge towards the end. Great driving, guys. It was a lot of fun.

paulwildridge

Premium Member
Name
Paul Wildridge
iRacing ID
TheGreatC81 said:
Just wanted to say it was awesome battling with Kita in the first half and Wildridge towards the end. Great driving, guys. It was a lot of fun.
Hells yeah! Good racing and good clean driving brochacho! Will miss the Bathurst but hoping for more like last night the rest of the season.