Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 4: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (July 9)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Circuit%20Gilles%20Villeneuve.png

Race Time of day: 2020-07-11 7:25
Race Length: 45 minutes
Max Incidents: Drive through at 11x, DSQ at 20x
Max Fuel: 65%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
This is another morning race, Qualification will start 3 hrs after 2020-07-11 05:30 1x

code_greene

Premium Member
Name
Mitchell Ian Greene
iRacing ID
Sincere apologies to Joshua. I was heading into the pits and I didn't expect him to move back over to the racing line. Broke as hard as I could but it wasn't enough with the damage I already had. Sorry.

Alex Guyon

Name
Alex Guyon
iRacing ID
Rolling start was quite a mess once again, big gaps between cars due to the early start at the front, and big position losses/gains because of that, wouldn t it be simpler and more fair to start on the green, all cars would be packed nicely before the green.

backcheck

Premium Member
Name
Declan Eady
iRacing ID
Alex Guyon said:
Rolling start was quite a mess once again, big gaps between cars due to the early start at the front, and big position losses/gains because of that, wouldn t it be simpler and more fair to start on the green, all cars would be packed nicely before the green.

I think rolling starts are a skill you have to learn, especially in a series that has them in real life.

davidsirois

Name
backcheck said:
Alex Guyon said:

I think rolling starts are a skill you have to learn, especially in a series that has them in real life.

I real life, the leader doesnt flat it out as soon as he exit the last corner, when all the other drivers have to keep it slow.

nickthequick

Manager
Staff member
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
Name
Nicholas Delp
iRacing ID
The leader controls the start once the the pace car enters the pits and the leader is allowed to go before the green lights.   This pit entry is a bit awkward since it's right before that chicane on the left.

If you raced any cars with rolling starts at this track it is kind of how it goes.  

I saw a lot of great battles during the race and a lot of people racing fair which I would like to commend.  It was a lot of fun and I was right in the thick of it.

There were also some late defending moves as well that the broadcast caught.  We need watch these type of reactionary moves as they are just asking for trouble especially with the reality of netcodes and blocking of course is not allowed.

Again if you feel something was unfair or does not follow the rules you have 72hrs to submit a replay protest after submitting which rule has been broken and it will be ruled upon by the stewards.  Please check out the thread on how to submit if necessary.