Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 4: Chicagoland Speedway (Apr 8)

jeromef1

League Owner
Staff member
LMP2/GT3 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Chicagoland Speedway - Oval.png

Race Length: 85
Max Incidents: 24
Fuel Limit: 100%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
NASCAR Truck Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
Pre Race Questions

1. How much do you practice the week of a race?

2. How do you feel about the new tired model after a few months of driving on it?

3. Does pineapple belong on a pizza?

DominicBegin

Name
Dominic Bégin
iRacing ID
1. Unfortunatly my practice time is an hour before the race with the baby and all that is going on right now I've got too much stuff to do and I cant practice. It is showing in my lap time too.

2. Sorry about language but it's shit. It does not require muchs skills now. Before we were getting lose and it was hard and fun to drive. For me now it just sucks but it's my opinion.

3. No, but eh I sometimes put eggs on mine so I can't judge anything regarding pizza!

chatley59

Premium Member
Name
Brenden Chatley2
iRacing ID
1. It depends on the kind of mood I’m in that week. Sometimes I feel like practicing and other times I just feel like messing around.

2. I like it. It really makes you manage your tires to be good on the long run.

3. Anything belongs on pizza if the eater wants it to be on it.

PS: Dominic, it isn’t the tire model that changed the looseness and tightness of the setups. It’s when they changed to the spec engines and had to remake the setups because of it. I’m with you on it’s more fun when the truck it’s looser though, but it’s still fun regardless now

MattyAubs

Premium Member
Name
Matthew Aubry
iRacing ID
1. I usually do most of my practice on Monday, with some on Sunday night and Tuesday night.
2. I like it; although I did not have much experience with the old tire model on NASCAR type cars. It's a weird running series like SK that does not have the new model.
3. I agree with Brenden on the pizza topping choice. In Iraq, they also add some fig sauce on their breakfast pizza.

fotors3

Premium Member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Brandon
iRacing ID
Bradley Holly said:
Pre Race Questions

1. How much do you practice the week of a race?

2. How do you feel about the new tired model after a few months of driving on it?

3. Does pineapple belong on a pizza?

1. I try to at least practice for a bit Mondays/Tuesdays. If not, I usually practice the whole time before our races.

2. It's tricky for me to save tire, but I'm getting better at it.

3. Absolutely not.

Hootius

Director
Staff member
NASCAR Cup Series 2022/S2
GT4/TCR IMSA Series 2022/S2
GT4 IMSA Series 2022/S2
Ferrari Challenge Fixed 2022/S2
Name
Charles Sumner
iRacing ID
1. I try to get 2 races worth of laps within 2 days of the race, and then another race's worth during the pre-race practice.

2. I enjoy it and feel I have been pretty good with the tire management. Just need longer runs.

3. Just cuz filthy casuals don't know how to properly pair pineapple with bacon and feta does not mean i should be judged for having a refined palate.

modern_knight

Premium Member
Name
Daniel Knight
iRacing ID
1. I usually try to run a couple C-Fixed races prior to the league race. Helps me get in the groove for the week.
2. Idk honestly. I guess I'm just really bad at saving tires, but I feel like no matter how conservatively I drive, they're destroyed by the end of a run. Just something new to get used to.
3. CHARLES SUMNER IS MY HERO. Bacon, pineapple, & feta pizza is the holiest of holy combos.

Bradley Holly

Organizer
MX-5 Cup Series 2022/S2
Name
Bradley Holly
iRacing ID
Great race last night everyone and Ken Huber and Daniel Knight great job on going into pit road side by side that was cool to see

Ken-H

Name
Bradley Holly said:
Great race last night everyone and Ken Huber and Daniel Knight great job on going into pit road side by side that was cool to see
Yes, that was some good racing and I am pretty sure Daniel was pretty tried of me.  We could not escape each other all night but it was nice to have green flag stops.  Just don't need to have them interrupted making for an interesting situation...haha.  I did find that challenging and rewarding in the end.  Was not planning on that race to pit lane, just adapting to the situation.  Good win and congrats!  More green runs please!