Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 4: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (10 Jul)

jeromef1

Director
Staff member
GT4 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Jerome Berthiaume
iRacing ID
Canadian_Tire_Motorsports.png
 ​
This race has been sponsored by Blue Ridge Performance (Gary Schilling) with the collaboration of Tyler Gore!
 ​
[font=Calibri, sans-serif]https://youtu.be/w1Aye1CqTcE[/font]
 ​
 ​
Time of day: Afternoon
Max. incidents: 30
Race length: 45 minutes
Max. fuel: 50%
Start: Rolling
Fast Repair: 0

Pre-race interview
1. Mosport is a short and fast track. Do you prefer short or long circuit?
2. What's your dream car when you were kid? Show us a picture!
3. When have you start to love racing? What is the reason why you went into racing? 

Slinky13

Name
1. Mosport is a short and fast track. Do you prefer short or long circuit?

Generally I don't really have a preference. A short track, especially in a series like this with longer races and lots of cars, will create some challenges with traffic which should be interesting.

2. What's your dream car when you were kid? Show us a picture!

I've always loved the Pagani Zonda since the first time I saw it. It has such a unique shape. Looks almost like an older prototype race car.

3. When have you start to love racing? What is the reason why you went into racing?

I was always interested in cars and machines in general as a kid. I eventually started watching Top Gear a lot and after watching Richard Hammond drive the Renault F1 car I wondered when the next F1 race was. I watched the next race which was the 2011 Italian Grand Prix and was immediately hooked. Since then I've expanded my interest into many other forms of motorsport.

DeamingPie

Premium Member
GT3 Amateur Series 2021/S3
Name
Erik Luke
iRacing ID
I know there is a practice session that will start at 9PM however, I cannot make it that late. I will have one up starting at 6PM EST that will run for 4 hours.

athacker

Premium Member
Name
My POV. I'll take a quiet 5th any day! Scary lap 2 moment with Dupont and Barie @ 21:45.

[youtube]qkEGw-n1LOs[/youtube]

Slinky13

Name
What a race! Fantastic nonstop action with Eissler and Perez. That was pretty exhausting. Everyone's pace was so close that there wasn't a chance to make a serious move for position with the short braking zones and fast corners at this track.

Ozymandias

Organizer
Name
Cristian Eissler
iRacing ID
Great race yesterday. Congratulations to Benjamin and Alexander for 45 minutes without breathing space. Once again I was lucky for Jorge's accident with a lapped car.
Regardless of the final place, one of my best races in terms of pace, few mistakes and keep me under constant pressure. The final victory makes it even better.
See you @Phillip Island next week

FKNCommishLB

Premium Member
Name
James LeBlond
iRacing ID
Man, did I have a rough night last night. I really don't think I was working with the right setup for 103 degree track. I oversteered out of Turn 2, survived, but Gary couldn't avoid me. Even when I was just trying to let traffic by, I couldn't control well enough with the damage and got in Richie's way. Sincere apologies to you both.

Very happy for my teammate Pete Mobroten on his stellar finish at 12th after running late and not being able to get a qualifying time in.

I'd like to forget about that track altogether. On to Philip Island! Have a great week, everyone!

SharkV

Manager
Staff member
Name
Dany Duchesne
iRacing ID
Afawcett94 said:
My apologies for the spin in Moss a few laps in. I overcooked the entry and spun on the grass.

I was the car that had contact with you.  When I saw you, I taught that you would cross the track entirely and went left.  But you didn’t, so I’ve had a direct hit on your side, then got ramed in the back.  Racing deal.   

Carsten Quint

Premium Member
Name
Good race guys. Made one mistake that cost me big time. Messed up Turn 2, got onto the grass and went for a ride. Thought I kept it off the wall, no contact message etc.. but apparently I was wrong. Got a meatball flag once I got back onto track and had 12 mins of required. Got back on track and tried to keep out of the way. Looked like the leaders had a hell of a battle for the whole race. Congrats to everyone.

Gary Schilling

Premium Member
Name
Gary W Schilling
iRacing ID
FKNCommishLB said:
 I oversteered out of Turn 2, survived, but Gary couldn't avoid me. Even when I was just trying to let traffic by, I couldn't control well enough with the damage and got in Richie's way. Sincere apologies to you both.

I'd like to forget about that track altogether. On to Philip Island! Have a great week, everyone!
No worries, seemed a lot of people were struggling. My setup was off also, but because I had to repair Oculus then had a Windows update I did not have enough time to play with the setup.