Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 4: Azerbaijan - Baku City (17Oct18 @ 8:15pm AEDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Baku.png

Last Season's Results:
1st: El_Majacko
2nd: Wayneooooo6
3rd: kartdude45
Pole: El_Majacko (1.40.712)
FL: Maznat87 (1.43.883)

Pre-Race Questions:
1. Last season Baku saw rain throw strategies off-kilter such that the leader was caught on the last lap on the wrong tyres for the conditions. Will we see the lead change on the last lap again this season?
2. After three rounds only one driver has finished every race. Will pureaxle maintain his finishing record, or will everyone have tasted a DNF by the end of Azerbaijan?
3. The Chinese GP last week saw Hazza claim his maiden PRL podium. Will he make a second appearance on the rostrum this round?
Mercedes scored the most points in round 3, closing in on both the constructor's championship leaders. Are they the dark horse in the team's standings?

Hazza29029

Name
1. Last season Baku saw rain throw strategies off-kilter such that the leader was caught on the last lap on the wrong tyres for the conditions. Will we see the lead change on the last lap again this season? Hopefully we can have some intense battles that go in the favor of the Mercs
2. After three rounds only one driver has finished every race. Will pureaxle maintain his finishing record, or will everyone have tasted a DNF by the end of Azerbaijan? We shall see, keep in mind it has taken many victims over the years
3. The Chinese GP last week saw Hazza claim his maiden PRL podium. Will he make a second appearance on the rostrum this round?
    Hopefully I can continue that form after having a shocking first two rounds to the season!
4. Mercedes scored the most points in round 3, closing in on both the constructor's championship leaders. Are they the dark horse in the team's standings? If myself and Op can keep up the results we saw in china then we may be looking at a 3 way battle for the constructors championship this season!

El_Majacko

Name
1. Last season Baku saw rain throw strategies off-kilter such that the leader was caught on the last lap on the wrong tyres for the conditions. Will we see the lead change on the last lap again this season?
It's statistically unlikely, but if it was any track, I'd say this one is more likely than others due to the nature of the final straight.
2. After three rounds only one driver has finished every race. Will pureaxle maintain his finishing record, or will everyone have tasted a DNF by the end of Azerbaijan?
He's been very consistent, and safe in his driving thus far. If he continues with that mentality I don't see any reason why he'd be undone here.
With so many capable drivers, it would be difficult to predict a podium, but Hazza is definitely one of those drivers.
4. Mercedes scored the most points in round 3, closing in on both the constructor's championship leaders. Are they the dark horse in the team's standings?
It's going to be quite a long road back to parity with the leaders, but dark horse would be an appropriate term for sure.

danirox88

Name
If weather comes into it again I reckon we could. With the long DRS straights we could see a battle for the lead here lasting the whole race. 

I think he'll maintain his finishing record. 

He just might, it's hard to predict. 

4. Mercedes scored the most points in round 3, closing in on both the constructor's championship leaders. Are they the dark horse in the team's standings?
I'd say they are.