Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

• 2022 Season 3 Signups are now open !

Hi Guest, Signups for Season 3 are currently open to all members!
    Please visit the new series forums for all the details or click here to sign up.

Please note that our GT3 Sprint Series is already full!

Round 4: Azerbaijan - Baku City (17Apr19 @ 9pm EDT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID
Baku.png

Last Season's Results: 
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1st: Plasmaraider
2nd: Darklol
3rd: Tron4949
Pole: Darklol
FL: kub[/font]

Bobino12

Name
I won't be able to participate in this race. That's too bad because I really enjoy this track.

I don't quite remember the last time i missed a race though...but i think it was during season 10th.

KaYoS

Name
I'm looking forward to it, but I really struggle with Azerbaijan- it's very unforgiving, and I struggle a lot to maintain good times through sector 2.

Luckymoose

Name
That race was a series of blunders for me: neither of my qualifying laps were clean (I went too deep into T5 on both), which put me on the inside at the start, then I botched and tagged the inside of T1 and broke my wing on Jonathan (sorry), and made the grave error of staying out two laps like that only to pit onto softs in some gamble to one stop, and that would have worked if the castle section didn't remind me, as it laughed maniacally, that I should've kept my temps up during the VSC and claimed another wing. By the end I was coasting as the leaders crept closer out of a desire to not throw the dice on one extra lap. Thank you, Baku.

jalmenar

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Jonathan Almenar
iRacing ID
Luckymoose said:
That race was a series of blunders for me: neither of my qualifying laps were clean (I went too deep into T5 on both), which put me on the inside at the start, then I botched and tagged the inside of T1 and broke my wing on Jonathan (sorry), and made the grave error of staying out two laps like that only to pit onto softs in some gamble to one stop, and that would have worked if the castle section didn't remind me, as it laughed maniacally, that I should've kept my temps up during the VSC and claimed another wing. By the end I was coasting as the leaders crept closer out of a desire to not throw the dice on one extra lap. Thank you, Baku.

No worries, that incident didn't really affect my race. I got distracted for literally a millisecond on the last turn and crashed into the barriers on lap 15. I was 5th then, but I think 6th was closing the gap and I had to pit for new tires again.

Tron4949

Name
I'm usually good at putting accidents behind me, but this one just really hurts - race start and crash under safety car - I was in the lead and about to make a pitstop for my final set of tires while still under the VSC - the VSC delta timer caught my eye at the worst possible moment:

[youtube]Xe9Ew-EcmK4[/youtube]

patlessard

Name
Tron4949 said:
I'm usually good at putting accidents behind me, but this one just really hurts - race start and crash under safety car - I was in the lead and about to make a pitstop for my final set of tires while still under the VSC - the VSC delta timer caught my eye at the worst possible moment:

you were at the worst place on the track for this ... that's a shame ...

happened to me too at this corner in an earlier season 

Luckymoose

Name
jalmenar said:
No worries, that incident didn't really affect my race. I got distracted for literally a millisecond on the last turn and crashed into the barriers on lap 15. I was 5th then, but I think 6th was closing the gap and I had to pit for new tires again.
Yeah, that was me behind you. I was surprised when you went out, but after you were I had like a 30s+ gap on both sides of me, so it was mostly just attrition. 

jalmenar

Premium Member
Formula 3 Series 2022/S2
Name
Jonathan Almenar
iRacing ID
patlessard said:
Tron4949 said:

you were at the worst place on the track for this ... that's a shame ...

happened to me too at this corner in an earlier season 

Same shit happened to me this race, exact same turn. Lets call Baku and have them remove this turn :lol: