Precision Racing League

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site and signup to race in our different series but firstly make sure you head over to the "New Members Start Here" in the League Information section.

Round 4: Azerbaijan - Baku City (13Oct18 @ 7pm GMT)

AaronWebb85

Manager
Staff member
Full Name
Aaron Webb
iRacing ID

Last Season's Results
Division 1
1st: Deki106
2nd: Rikkurich
3rd: xJeffsRevenge
Pole: Haribo1334 (01:39.447)
FL: Kallek (01:42.401)

Division 2
1st: V5HRL
2nd: armytricks
3rd: Carcanon
Pole: V5HRL (01:40.854)
FL: V5HRL (01:43.527)

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pre-race questions [/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Division 1 - [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Baku was the site of Mich's first victory in S16, considering the form shown thus far who do you think will challenge him in this race?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. With the safety car back in action do you feel people may be more willing to 2 stop round here, considering the high likelihood of someone binning it into the barriers?[/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. Sum up your first 3 Races in 3 words![/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Division 2 - [/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1. Last year only 4 people were not lapped in D2 around here, the track is known to cause carnage, how many finishers do you think there will be[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. Do you feel there is any point in going for gaps (ala Vettel on Max) round here considering the straight is such a slam dunk overtaking spot?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. Will you use the castle as an opportunity to gain time or will you play it in safe?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Division 3 [/font]
[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]1.  We have had 5 podium finishers, who will be 6th and will it happen in Baku?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2. The Castle will prove a challenge, will you be using it as an opportunity to gain time or play it safe?[/font]

[font=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]3. How many finishers will there be?[/font]

Oldskool3000

Premium Member
1. I have a feeling Silentbob will do well round here. And I think he will snatch a podium

2. I personally will be playing it safe as it's just too risky to be trying to gain the 2 or 3 tenths to be had.

3. I suspect there will only be 9 or 10, It really is brutal round here. I suspect many will break a wing

RJW_Videos

1. Last year only 4 people were not lapped in D2 around here, the track is known to cause carnage, how many finishers do you think there will be

Less than usual! No, I'd say about 9 finishers, I expect a lot of people to crash.

2. Do you feel there is any point in going for gaps (ala Vettel on Max) round here considering the straight is such a slam dunk overtaking spot?

Turn 3, most definitely, and maybe Turn 7. But they are very risky.

3. Will you use the castle as an opportunity to gain time or will you play it in safe?

I'll try and get as much time as possible in qualifying, but in the race, if I'm not trying to catch someone I will just play it safe.

Garydonegan35

Premium Member
1. So far this season has shown anyone can win a race so wouldn't be surprised by anyone but I think Hari or Michael can challenge for the win

2. All depends really on the time of the safety car so hard to say

3. Boring chaotic dull

Heated1468

Division 3
1.  We have had 5 podium finishers, who will be 6th and will it happen in Baku?

After a good race last weekend I feel like I can achieve it, however, I do make some errors that cost me a lot so I don't really see myself there.

2. The Castle will prove a challenge, will you be using it as an opportunity to gain time or play it safe?

For me it depends if I have clean air or someone close by.

3. How many finishers will there be?

I think there will be around 10, maybe even less.

Jume96

Division 1 -
1. Baku was the site of Mich's first victory in S16, considering the form shown thus far who do you think will challenge him in this race?
Jume

2. With the safety car back in action do you feel people may be more willing to 2 stop round here, considering the high likelihood of someone binning it into the barriers?
Jume

3. Sum up your first 3 Races in 3 words!
Choke, unlucky and tactical

ROBERTSOME1

1. I think it’s about time I get a podium this season.
2. I’ll definitely play it safe. Making sure you don’t take damage is crucial at Baku.
3. I have a feeling that it’s going to be a mad race. 7 finishers.

A

armytricks

1. I've got a feeling the track will catch a few people out since it's just so different. I'll be pessimistic and say we'll have 5 non-finishers.

2. It's really very difficult to overtake anywhere else but on the main straight and perhaps into turn 3 so it's really not worth trying risky moves just because there's such an advantage to be gained on the straights if you're right behind.

3. Historically, I've been very good at the castle section. It felt easy to get right in 2017 and carry a lot of speed through. 2018 just feels different. For some reason the angle feels sharper (even though it's obviously not) so it might be a bit more difficult. If I can get more used to it before tomorrow's race then I'll definitely take the risk.

NeWaluigi44

1. They are not a lot of people in D2 I think we will have 9-10 finishers

2. We can overtake easily in the straight so I don't think people will try risky moves

3. It was quite easy in F1 2017 but this year I find the castle really difficult. I will play really safe 😅